PDA

View Full Version : Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush

July 19th 06, 12:23 AM
Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush veto threat

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/pl_afp/uspoliticsstemcell_060718230258;_ylt=AmUZqX0N1HADZ bMIcJO7vwGVVdgA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPU CUl

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey*and car
keys to teenage boys."*
*******
-*P.J. O'Rourke

Lawyerkill
July 19th 06, 12:36 AM
wrote:
> Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush veto threat
>

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/pl_afp/uspoliticsstemcell_060718230258;_ylt=AmUZqX0N1HADZ bMIcJO7vwGVVdgA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPU CUl

LK

Yeah he'll veto it and we will continue to throw away something that
may hold hope for millions.

ynotssor
July 19th 06, 01:32 AM
"Lawyerkill" > wrote in message
oups.com

>> Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush veto threat

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/pl_afp/uspoliticsstemcell_060718230258;_ylt=AmUZqX0N1HADZ bMIcJO7vwGVVdgA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPU CUl

> Yeah he'll veto it and we will continue to throw away something that
> may hold hope for millions.

May? It holds the greatest medical promise since the germ theory was
universally accepted. Vetos can be over-ridden though.

Trailer Trash
July 19th 06, 03:44 AM
[email protected]

Yeah he'll veto it and we will continue to throw away something that may
hold hope for millions.

[email protected]

May? It holds the greatest medical promise since the germ theory was
universally accepted. Vetos can be over-ridden though.

Bush, will press for a line item veto, but I think he's bluffing once
again.

Shawn Hirn
July 19th 06, 05:36 AM
In article . com>,
"Lawyerkill" > wrote:

> wrote:
> > Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush veto threat
> >

> > http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/pl_afp/uspoliticsstemcell_060718230258;
> > _ylt=AmUZqX0N1HADZbMIcJO7vwGVVdgA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW0 4NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
> >

> LK
>
> Yeah he'll veto it and we will continue to throw away something that
> may hold hope for millions.

Yup. Its compassionate conservatism at work.

Shawn Hirn
July 19th 06, 05:37 AM
In article >,
"ynotssor" > wrote:

> "Lawyerkill" > wrote in message
> oups.com
>
> >> Senate passes stem-cell measure despite Bush veto threat
> >>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060718/pl_afp/uspoliticsstemcell_060718230258;_y
> lt=AmUZqX0N1HADZbMIcJO7vwGVVdgA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04N W9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl
> >
> > Yeah he'll veto it and we will continue to throw away something that
> > may hold hope for millions.
>
> May? It holds the greatest medical promise since the germ theory was
> universally accepted. Vetos can be over-ridden though.

From what I heard, the Senate does not have enough votes to override
Bush's anticipated veto. Too bad.

aubrey
July 19th 06, 07:21 PM
Nothing to do with stem cell research.Has to do with tax payer funding
of same.

Zero funding under Clinton.