Vincent
July 19th 06, 03:54 PM
@ $12.24

Steve Young
July 19th 06, 06:49 PM
"Vincent" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> @ $12.24

Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.

I'll bet I really impressed you yesterday, with my 50 percenter, in only a few
hours ;)

Vincent
July 19th 06, 07:06 PM
You are the genius return, what can I say, LMAO

--
Vincent

"Steve Young" <bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet> wrote in message
.. .
> "Vincent" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >
> > @ $12.24
>
> Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.
>
> I'll bet I really impressed you yesterday, with my 50 percenter, in only a
few
> hours ;)

Steve Young
July 19th 06, 10:05 PM
"Vincent" > wrote

> You are the genius return, what can I say, LMAO

no doubt it raises the bar a fair bit ;)))

The Visitor
July 19th 06, 10:08 PM
Steve Young wrote:

> Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.

What would it add up to making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
week, for a year. That's just a guess at an average. What would a mear
8000 dollar principle amount to in 52 weeks. Compounding and not
compounding. You seem to know it can't add up to much.

What would the paltry future value be?????

Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

Steve Young
July 19th 06, 10:17 PM
"The Visitor" > wrote

> Steve Young wrote:

>> Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.

> What would it add up to making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
> week, for a year. That's just a guess at an average. What would a mear 8000
> dollar principle amount to in 52 weeks. Compounding and not compounding. You
> seem to know it can't add up to much.

No, in a perfect world, it would tally in the millions. The problem of course
is that the market doesn't serve up guaranteed winners 3 times a week, every
week. Much less a play that one would feel confident in investing the entire
account in. Then to expect it to fatten 5% in an afternoon? You're fooling
yourself. What if news hits, as it has lately, and the bottom drops out. What
do you say? jees, I just lost 2 multipliers this afternoon :( How many dead
turkeys do you dump? Oops, there went your millions. And actually, many of
these touted increases come from yesterdays close, without ever considering
the stock was bought several days before and lost several percent getting to
today. I've followed enough of them to see what actually happens. IT HAS NOT
BEEN 100% NOT EVEN CLOSE. So why try to lure newbies with the fools gold?

> What would the paltry future value be?????

Hey, why don't you add a couple imaginary multipliers while you're at it.
surely you can be worth a few mil by the time the year is out.

Hugh Candlin
July 19th 06, 10:31 PM
"The Visitor" > wrote in message

> Steve Young wrote:
>
> > Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.
>
> What would it add up to making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
> week, for a year. That's just a guess at an average. What would a mear
> 8000 dollar principle amount to in 52 weeks. Compounding and not
> compounding. You seem to know it can't add up to much.
>
> What would the paltry future value be?????
>
> Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

Three million, six hundred and thirty-three thousand,
two hundred and thirteen dollars and forty-eight cents.

Approximately.

And an additional 4% of that would be
One hundred and forty-five thousand,
three hundred and twenty-nine dollars.

Approximately.

Pretty soon, you'd be making real money.

LuckyDucky
July 19th 06, 10:53 PM
The Visitor > wrote in message

> Steve Young wrote:
>
> > Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.
>

> What would it add up to making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
> week, for a year. That's just a guess at an average. What would a mear
> 8000 dollar principle amount to in 52 weeks. Compounding and not
> compounding. You seem to know it can't add up to much.
>
> What would the paltry future value be?????
>
> Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

not compounding = 624% / yr

compounding = 45,315.16% / yr !!

LuckyDucky
July 19th 06, 11:00 PM
The Visitor > wrote in message

> Steve Young wrote:
>
> > Really sad, waving your arms over a mere single digit, paltry increase.
>

> What would it add up to making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
> week, for a year. That's just a guess at an average. What would a mear
> 8000 dollar principle amount to in 52 weeks. Compounding and not
> compounding. You seem to know it can't add up to much.
>
> What would the paltry future value be?????
>
> Anybody? Anybody? Beuhler?

actual $ value off of 8K

not compounding = $49,920 ( and correction-- thats 524% / yr)

compounding = $ 3,633,213.49

The Visitor
July 20th 06, 03:53 AM
Thank you all for the responses.

> "The Visitor" > wrote
making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
>>week, for a year.

Steve Young wrote:
5% in an afternoon?

No, I said 4. And it is a fair average. Vincent plays with marbles
bigger than you know or I hinted at. And he plays with real marbles. Not
paper marbles or 'retro trades'. Over and over again. I guesstimated 4%,
sometimes 8 sometimes 1, sometimes a loss(cut short), sometimes 12%.
Sometimes only once a week, sometimes 4 times. Volumes large enough that
2% is a good day. He has the cajones for it and it didn't come easily.
You ain't gotem and I won't pretend to. But I try. Another difference
between him and you is your trades are claimed after the profit. Vincent
is now very guarded not to say when to buy or sell but you can pretty
much tell. Thanks to people like you, grabbing sticks and poking at him.
wtf?

So far your advice is usefull, just nobody knows when to use it. Not in
the present, but sometime in the future it will be right, or in the past
it was great. Not a talent. Nobody knows when. But usefull in the
present???? Ha!

You want to be a big man, put up. Point the way to some nice easy
trades, ahead of time. When to buy and sell. We can always use more of
those. Otherwise sit back and be a rock thrower. I prefer you be a big
man. I could use the help and extra cash, and even Vincent might pull of
a profitable trade you recommend. It don't matter where it came from.
$$$ is $$$

John

(testy and doped up after passing a kidney boulder,
>>>but still trading!)

Steve Young
July 20th 06, 07:21 AM
"The Visitor" > wrote

> Thank you all for the responses.

>> "The Visitor" > wrote
>>> making say 4% on a lump of cash, say 3 times per
>>>week, for a year.

not many can do this,
and one would be nuts to continually expect to roll the whole thing into the
next new winner. A 50 - 50 split might not be a bad idea. One uses 50% for
the swing, and build 50% in long growth equities.

> Steve Young wrote:
> 5% in an afternoon?
(you shouldn't snip like this)

but then I'll say, how about 50%? once in a while?
simply to break the monotony of the barking drone here.

> No, I said 4. And it is a fair average.

I won't quibble over a percent, 4 would be grand.

> Vincent plays with marbles

It's obvious others do as well

> bigger than you know or I hinted at.

you'd be naive to underestimate ;)

>And he plays with real marbles. Not paper marbles or 'retro trades'.

*so!?*, I'll bet a lot of other folks here do too.
Outside of Rob, you won't talk me into any name dropping <grin>

> Over and over again. I guesstimated 4%, sometimes 8 sometimes 1,
> sometimes a loss(cut short), sometimes 12%. Sometimes only once
> a week, sometimes 4 times. Volumes large enough that 2% is a good day.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the group here could kinda develop a list of
good ideas. I'll submit something green with IESV. What's your best pick on
something good for gain?

>He has the cajones for it and it didn't come easily.

Anything worth having has a cost

> You ain't gotem and I won't pretend to. But I try.

curious why you think you know so much about me?

> Another difference between him and you is your trades are claimed after the
> profit.

That's BULL****!

I posted them here, for everyone to take advantage of, BEFORE they happened.