PDA

View Full Version : DIA PUTS


Lawyerkill
July 21st 06, 04:58 PM
LK

I think the market is going to take a 100 point dive by the claose. I
had an order in for 10 DIA AUG108 puts, got 7 so far.

July 21st 06, 05:39 PM
On 21 Jul 2006 08:58:01 -0700, "Lawyerkill" >
wrote:

>LK
>
>I think the market is going to take a 100 point dive by the claose. I
>had an order in for 10 DIA AUG108 puts, got 7 so far.


It should..........It should actually take a 140 point dive to make up
for the 200+ points of Funny Money shoved down its throat on
Wednesday......

NAZ should drop below 2K as well, but The Boys aren't likely to let
that happen....

tom418
July 21st 06, 05:50 PM
They were talking about the DOW's drop on Bloomberg about an hour ago. One
of the guests admitted that the rally on Wednesday was due to short
covering. Of course, listening to Bloomberg on Wednesday, all one heard was
reason after reason for the markets to rally (the FOMC's almost done raising
rates, yada,yada). Typical Bloomberg.
> wrote in message
...
> On 21 Jul 2006 08:58:01 -0700, "Lawyerkill" >
> wrote:
>
> >LK
> >
> >I think the market is going to take a 100 point dive by the claose. I
> >had an order in for 10 DIA AUG108 puts, got 7 so far.
>
>
> It should..........It should actually take a 140 point dive to make up
> for the 200+ points of Funny Money shoved down its throat on
> Wednesday......
>
> NAZ should drop below 2K as well, but The Boys aren't likely to let
> that happen....

July 21st 06, 05:59 PM
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:50:35 -0400, "tom418"
> wrote:

>They were talking about the DOW's drop on Bloomberg about an hour ago. One
>of the guests admitted that the rally on Wednesday was due to short
>covering. Of course, listening to Bloomberg on Wednesday, all one heard was
>reason after reason for the markets to rally (the FOMC's almost done raising
>rates, yada,yada). Typical Bloomberg.

This latest round of interest-rate-induced earnings is doing two
things:

1. It's setting an artificially low P/E for stocks
2. Analysts have once again outdone themselves fixing "estimates," so
companies are all "beating estimates" that are too low to begin with

This is going to flesh out soon, as inflation (despite what anyone
says) rages on, and growth slows as rising interest rates ravage
consumers.

Then, it's look out beloooow........

Lawyerkill
July 21st 06, 06:06 PM
wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2006 08:58:01 -0700, "Lawyerkill" >
> wrote:
>
> >LK
> >
> >I think the market is going to take a 100 point dive by the claose. I
> >had an order in for 10 DIA AUG108 puts, got 7 so far.
>
>
> It should..........It should actually take a 140 point dive to make up
> for the 200+ points of Funny Money shoved down its throat on
> Wednesday......
>
> NAZ should drop below 2K as well, but The Boys aren't likely to let
> that happen....

I posted that when the market was around -40, I should have been clear
that it was a 100 point drop from there. Another hour and the real
action starts.

July 21st 06, 06:21 PM
On 21 Jul 2006 10:06:06 -0700, "Lawyerkill" >
wrote:


>I posted that when the market was around -40, I should have been clear
>that it was a 100 point drop from there. Another hour and the real
>action starts.

Understood, and right on target IMHO.....Let's see what The Boys have
in store.....