PDA

View Full Version : Will the DOW stopper be pulled out tomorrow or Monday?

March 13th 09, 12:48 AM
Or will flop around it's current level?

ted

Tony[_10_]
March 13th 09, 01:31 AM
It looks like the Dow will give back about 30 points this Monday but
should go to 7,500 by Friday the same week. Rally should fizzle out
around the 8,000 level around the end of March.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

beyond the realm of understandability

John Galt[_2_]
March 13th 09, 02:03 AM
Tony wrote:
> It looks like the Dow will give back about 30 points this Monday but
> should go to 7,500 by Friday the same week. Rally should fizzle out
> around the 8,000 level around the end of March.

We're on the same page. I was looking at this tonight and figured the
stall point would be about 7750. A nice run, all in all. At any rate, if
it gets there fast, I'll probably short some SPY or something.

JG

> wrote:
>
>> Or will flop around it's current level?
>>
>> ted
>
> --
> The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG
>
> Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city
>
> Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know
> proper manners
>
> Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs,
>
> Hamster isn't a newsreader it's a mistake!
>
> El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar
>
> Master Juba was a black man imitating a white man imitating a black man
>
> Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions
> beyond the realm of understandability
>
> Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday

March 13th 09, 02:08 AM
Tony wrote:
> It looks like the Dow will give back about 30 points this Monday but
> should go to 7,500 by Friday the same week. Rally should fizzle out
> around the 8,000 level around the end of March.
>
> wrote:
>
>> Or will flop around it's current level?
>>
>> ted
>
> --
> The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG
>
> Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city
>
> Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know
> proper manners
>
> Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs,
>
> Hamster isn't a newsreader it's a mistake!
>
> El-Gonzo Jackson FROGS both me and Chuckcar
>
> Master Juba was a black man imitating a white man imitating a black man
>
> Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions
> beyond the realm of understandability
>
> Regards Tony... Making usenet better for everyone everyday

Nah, probably profit takers tomorrow. Nobody wants to hang on over the
weekend..........

phil scott
March 13th 09, 02:27 AM
On Mar 12, 5:48*pm, wrote:
> Or will flop around it's current level?
>
> ted

the PPT will go to any lengths to keep it from tanking so fast it
creates more instability.. that by means of issuing funny money...

then as USD devalues as a result of all the printed money... the stock
will stay closer to level due to the dollar tanking...so the DOW will
drop in actual buying power, but the dollar value will be kept up
enough to preclude panic.

thats my guess on the strategy. Their hope is to dupe the public
into thinking all is cured and on the way back up, then start buying
stock and homes again...what they miss is that the folks are tapped
out, inflation has eaten their savings alive, and US corps are hiring
the cheapest talent, or going offshore.... there is no rebound if the
consumer is not flush in real money, can borrow... and with production
moved offshore, and wages competing for the pits, none of that will
happen.

Meantime those that do work will have to support those on SS...2
working for each person on SS. It used to be 15 to 1 in the 50's...
5 years ago approx it was 5 to one...now its closer to 3 or 4 to
one. Soon, as 80 million more retire, it will be 2 to one... with
declining wages and higher taxes to pay for past excesses.

so there will be no rebound...that is also the historical national
collapse cycle... 250 years approx...not merely the depression
cycle.

No way to keep the actual value of stock market up as real earnings go
out the bottom... that spiral has already begun and is accelerating
fast. It remains to be seen if magic can occur and reverse the
spin. at this point not many hold out hope for that. the base
line drivers ..the marco economics have already set the course.

***
Surely some stocks though are killer buys at this time...Im out of the
market myself though, I dont have time to study this stuff and am
focusing on establishing depression resistant operating strategies...I
think the ability to earn money trumps, hording it...even a lot of
it...Ive seen too many rich people hit the skids as things beyond
their control take them out.... we have millions of examples lately.

Phil scott

uncle_vito
March 14th 09, 12:53 AM
Bernanke is on 60 minutes. Folks really DO NOT want to hold through what he
might say.

Vito