PDA

View Full Version : Who BENEFITED From Madoff Ponzi Scheme?

America First
March 13th 09, 10:54 PM
We know sleazeball politicians, like Sen. Chuck Schumer, who could pressure
the Security an Exchange Commission to weaken regulatory oversight rules
made a lot of money from Madoff
http://www.nytimes.com:80/2008/12/14/business/14schumer.html?_r=3&sq=schumer&st=cse&scp=2&pagewanted=all ,
but who were the people who got in on the ground floor and cashed out before
he was arrested? Isn't their profits stolen money?

The media seems to be ignoring this story; are investigators?

Blash
March 14th 09, 12:03 AM
America First wrote on 3/13/09 5:54 PM:

> We know sleazeball politicians, like Sen. Chuck Schumer, who could pressure
> the Security an Exchange Commission to weaken regulatory oversight rules
> made a lot of money from Madoff
> http://www.nytimes.com:80/2008/12/14/business/14schumer.html?_r=3&sq=schumer&s
> t=cse&scp=2&pagewanted=all ,

Somehow I missed this statement in the quoted article.......Would you please
point it out???

Governor Swill
March 14th 09, 06:07 PM
Obama's working fast. Met with the President of Brazil. They produce
a lot of ethanol that's cheaper to use than gasoline. If the US
suspended it's high tariff on imported ethanol, we could cut our pump
prices. Brazil can deliver the stuff to us cheaper than we can make
our own from corn. It'll also keep our food prices down.

Swill
--
"It's going to take more than three weeks to un**** eight years of
George Bush's bungling." -- Christopher Helms

Lubow
March 15th 09, 10:25 AM
On Mar 14, 2:07*pm, Governor Swill > wrote:
> Obama's working fast. *Met with the President of Brazil. *They produce
> a lot of ethanol that's cheaper to use than gasoline. *If the US
> suspended it's high tariff on imported ethanol, we could cut our pump
> prices. *Brazil can deliver the stuff to us cheaper than we can make
> our own from corn. *It'll also keep our food prices down.
>
> Swill
> --
> "It's going to take more than three weeks to un**** eight years of
> George Bush's bungling." -- Christopher Helms

According to the news sources here in New York, Brazilian ethanol
imports may depend on Brazil adhering to its treaty obligations on
returning abducted American children to their biological parents.
Under Condi Rice, this was not much of an issue, but it is a different
story for Secretary of State Clinton.

Governor Swill
March 16th 09, 06:27 AM
Lubow wrote:

>According to the news sources here in New York, Brazilian ethanol
>imports may depend on Brazil adhering to its treaty obligations on
>returning abducted American children to their biological parents.
>Under Condi Rice, this was not much of an issue, but it is a different
>story for Secretary of State Clinton.

Yes, indeed. Clinton made a public comment about it a few days ago
and Obama was reported to have spoken privately with his Brazilian
counterpart about the issue.

Swill