PDA

View Full Version : AIG to hand out another $165 million in bonuses--or else!

Igor The Terrible
March 15th 09, 11:03 AM
....Isn't it great to be a government suck up corporation?

Like I said early on, the more you reward this kind of trash, the more
of the same you will get. Unfortunately $170 billion seems like
pocket change when you consider how big of a company they are and how
much money their execs need to scrape on by... We should have given
them a few trillion so that way we could have made to Christmas (or at
least Thanksgiving) before they will be back shamelessly begging for
more money. Such a poor, poor underprivilaged company. >:(..:: <--
big ole alligator tears!!! <sniff>

LMAO!!! How's this for a sales pitch to the government in justifying
this thievery?

"We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
U.S. Treasury," Liddy said."

Holy ****!!! The best and the brightest????? WTF??? Yep, they
completely ran the company into the ground and now they demand a bonus
for a job well done--and threaten this piece of **** insurance company
with lawsuits if they don't???

Igor's solution: Send all the rotten *******s to prison doing hard
labor; and for those who were found guilty in steering AIG into this
disaster... their executions would be promptly carried out. How's
that for a job-well-done bonus? Bonus issue, SOLVED!

BTW: $165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.

Insurance giant AIG to pay $165 million in bonuses

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER, AP Economics Writer Martin Crutsinger, Ap
Economics Writer – 2 hrs 1 min ago

WASHINGTON – American International Group is giving its executives
tens of millions of dollars in new bonuses even though it received a
taxpayer bailout of more than $170 billion dollars.

AIG is paying out the executive bonuses to meet a Sunday deadline, but
the troubled insurance giant has agreed to administration requests to
restrain future payments.

The Treasury Department determined that the government did not have
the legal authority to block the current payments by the company. AIG
declared earlier this month that it had suffered a loss of $61.7
billion for the fourth quarter of last year, the largest corporate
loss in history.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner has asked that the company scale
back future bonus payments where legally possible, an administration
official said Saturday.

This official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the
sensitivity of the issue, said that Geithner had called AIG Chairman
Edward Liddy on Wednesday to demand that Liddy renegotiate AIG's
current bonus structure.

Geithner termed the current bonus structure unacceptable in view of
the billions of dollars of taxpayer support the company is receiving,
this official said.

In a letter to Geithner dated Saturday, Liddy informed Treasury that
outside lawyers had informed the company that AIG had contractual
obligations to make the bonus payments and could face lawsuits if it
did not do so.

Liddy said in his letter that "quite frankly, AIG's hands are tied"
although he said that in light of the company's current situation he
found it "distasteful and difficult" to recommend going forward with
the payments.

Liddy said the company had entered into the bonus agreements in early
2008 before AIG got into severe financial straits and was forced to
obtain a government bailout last fall.

The large bulk of the payments at issue cover AIG Financial Products,
the unit of the company that sold credit default swaps, the risky
contracts that caused massive losses for the insurer.

A white paper prepared by the company says that AIG is contractually
obligated to pay a total of about $165 million of previously awarded
"retention pay" to employees in this unit by Sunday, March 15. The
document says that another $55 million in retention pay has already
been distributed to about 400 AIG Financial Products employees.

The company says in the paper it will work to reduce the amounts paid
for 2009 and believes it can trim those payments by at least 30
percent.

Bonus programs at financial companies have come under harsh scrutiny
after the government began loaning them billions of dollars to keep
the institutions afloat. AIG is the largest recipient of government
support in the current financial crisis.

AIG also pledged to Geithner that it would also restructure $9.6
million in bonuses scheduled to go a group that covers the top 50
executives. Liddy and six other executives have agreed to forgo
bonuses.

The group of top executives getting bonuses will receive half of the
$9.6 million now, with the average payment around $112,000.

This group will get another 25 percent on July 14 and the final 25
percent on September 15. But these payments will be contingent on the
AIG board determining that the company is meeting the goals the
government has set for dealing with the company's financial troubles.

The Obama administration has vowed to put in place reforms in the $700
billion financial rescue program in an effort to deal with growing
public anger over how the program was operated during the Bush
administration.

That anger has focused in part on payouts of millions of dollars in
bonuses by financial firms getting taxpayer support.

In his letter, Liddy told Geithner, "We believe there will be
considerably greater flexibility to reduce contractual payments in
respect of 2009 and AIG intends to use its best efforts to do so."

But he also told Geithner that he felt it could be harmful to the
company if the government continued to press for reductions in
executive compensation.

"We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
U.S. Treasury," Liddy said.

Lubow
March 15th 09, 12:57 PM
On Mar 15, 7:03*am, Igor The Terrible
> wrote:

> "We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
> and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
> on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
> compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
> U.S. Treasury," Liddy said.

Best and the brightest? You gotta be kidding.

IMO, have the employees (bonusees?) sue and see if a judge or a jury
will reward them with anything. Jurors and judges are taxpayers too.

Starkiller©[_2_]
March 15th 09, 01:22 PM
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:03:05 -0700 (PDT), Igor The Terrible
> wrote:

>...Isn't it great to be a government suck up corporation?
>
>Like I said early on, the more you reward this kind of trash, the more
>of the same you will get. Unfortunately $170 billion seems like
>pocket change when you consider how big of a company they are and how
>much money their execs need to scrape on by... We should have given
>them a few trillion so that way we could have made to Christmas (or at
>least Thanksgiving) before they will be back shamelessly begging for
>more money. Such a poor, poor underprivilaged company. >:(..:: <--
>big ole alligator tears!!! <sniff>
>
>LMAO!!! How's this for a sales pitch to the government in justifying
>this thievery?
>
>"We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
>and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
>on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
>compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
>U.S. Treasury," Liddy said."
>
>Holy ****!!! The best and the brightest????? WTF??? Yep, they
>completely ran the company into the ground and now they demand a bonus
>for a job well done--and threaten this piece of **** insurance company
>with lawsuits if they don't???
>
>Igor's solution: Send all the rotten *******s to prison doing hard
>labor; and for those who were found guilty in steering AIG into this
>disaster... their executions would be promptly carried out. How's
>that for a job-well-done bonus? Bonus issue, SOLVED!
>

>BTW: $165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
>6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
>with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.

Hope and change, hope and change. It's what you dumbasses wanted.
Your boy in the whitehouse is throwing money at the corporations with
no restrictions or rules for taking the money so what do you idiots
expect?
You may as well give a million dollars to a wino and then get upset
when they blow it all on getting drunk.
But that's what happens when you follow the old liberal democrat rule
of simply throwing money at something hoping it will get fixed.
Good intentions with no real plan in place.
Suck it up lib and cheer on the new presidents corporate welfare.
It's what you wanted.

Starkiller©[_2_]
March 15th 09, 01:29 PM
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 05:57:41 -0700 (PDT), Lubow
> wrote:

>On Mar 15, 7:03*am, Igor The Terrible
> wrote:
>

>> "We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
>> and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
>> on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
>> compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
>> U.S. Treasury," Liddy said.
>
>Best and the brightest? You gotta be kidding.
>
>IMO, have the employees (bonusees?) sue and see if a judge or a jury
>will reward them with anything. Jurors and judges are taxpayers too.

ROFL

You morons were all gung ho to simply throw money at folks and now
after it's thrown at them you suddenly decide that there should be
some rules. Funny how you folks were too damned stupid to think that
when you simply throw a wad of cash at anyone with no restrictions
that they will do with it as they please.
But then liberals never look before they leap. They just react and
then bitch when the outcome doesn't go the way they wanted even if
it's their own fault due to **** poor planning. You all wanted your
little stimulous and you wanted it now and you got what you wanted.
Deal with it.
Ain't hope and change great?

Lubow
March 15th 09, 03:41 PM
On Mar 15, 9:29*am, Starkiller© > wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 05:57:41 -0700 (PDT), Lubow
>
> > wrote:
> >On Mar 15, 7:03*am, Igor The Terrible
> > wrote:
>
> >> "We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
> >> and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
> >> on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
> >> compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
> >> U.S. Treasury," Liddy said.
>
> >Best and the brightest? *You gotta be kidding.
>
> >IMO, have the employees (bonusees?) sue and see if a judge or a jury
> >will reward them with anything. *Jurors and judges are taxpayers too.
>
> ROFL
>

> But then liberals never look before they leap. *They just react and
> then bitch when the outcome doesn't go the way they wanted even if
> it's their own fault due to **** poor planning. *You all wanted your
> little stimulous and you wanted it now and you got what you wanted.
> Deal with it.
> Ain't hope and change great?

Liberals? You mean like Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke and Dick Cheney?

-=DirtBag©[_3_]
March 16th 09, 01:36 AM
**** their bonuses. Let them sue and while their suing the for it file
the criminally negligent charges against them for the AIG ****up. If
AIG was allowed to go under they would not be getting bonuses. Far as I
am concerned they should not be paid. Draw a line in the sand and tell
them to **** off. Go after them and make an example .. I BIG example of
everyone from Hank Greenburg.( like he didn't know. He was burying cat
**** long before this blew up IMO)

We need some whipping boys!
Sorry Charley.. your going to get ****ed to teach society a lesson. Bend
over and we will break if off inside you.. Cry loud so people take it as
a warning. 100 arrests and trials will get Wall Streets attention. Use
a billion to convict these worst 100 offenders and toss away the key...
Let them serve as warning. Every year arrest the top 25 worst offenders
and prosecute them.. That will send out a message loud and clear..

Igor The Terrible wrote:
> [...]
> public anger over how the program was operated during the Bush
> administration.
>
> That anger has focused in part on payouts of millions of dollars in
> bonuses by financial firms getting taxpayer support.
>
> In his letter, Liddy told Geithner, "We believe there will be
> considerably greater flexibility to reduce contractual payments in
> respect of 2009 and AIG intends to use its best efforts to do so."
>
> But he also told Geithner that he felt it could be harmful to the
> company if the government continued to press for reductions in
> executive compensation.
>
> "We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
> and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
> on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
> compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the

-=DirtBag©[_3_]
March 16th 09, 02:55 PM
DK wrote:
> In article >, Igor The Terrible > wrote:
>
>> BTW: $165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
>> 6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
>> with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.
>
> According to the article, "another $55 million in retention pay
> has already been distributed to about 400 AIG Financial Products
> employees."
>
> That's $137,500 on average per individual to *retain* people who
> got us into this mess. Three times higher than the median
> annual household income in the USA.
>
> But wait, benevolent AIG is so good that it "believes it can trim
> those payments by at least 30 percent" in 2009!
>
> DK

Government need to stop payments to these *******s all together. NOW.
Out government looks so weak. Get a ****ing backbone and just say NO
bonus. If they don't like it they can sue the USA. America looks weak
and needs to take a clue from RUSSIA. Take now and deal with the
*******s by tossing them in prison to think just how much they really
want to go after this bonus money ( bonus for what? Loosing billions?)

What is disturbing me the most is the weak *******s bailing each other
out. Get rid of these insiders and get people who have no connection of
friends in the industry so that their priorities are for the public and
not for their buddies.. **** n out ANY Bonus money.. Get them into
court for 10 years and see how many hang on.. BUT NO MONEY NOW should be
going to them. This BONUS money is insulting every right minded person
who reads about it.. Seize their assets rather than give them bonuses..

Time to play hardball and just say NO ****ing way! Hank Greenberg needs
to be investigated for his role. He is a slime ball. Everyone thinks
he is a nice guy and gosh he didn't even know.. Wrong He helped design
this AIG mess. Greed it what got them. GREED. I want to see some
serious prosecution's at AIG. THEY knew what they were doing..

A rope around a few necks as they fall through the platform streaching,
eyes bulging out will get the right message out. America was raped by
these 'nice' guys. Paulson is a HUGE crook too. First thing he did was
bail out GS using the AIG money. He violated the public trust. He
needs to be punished.

Governor Swill
March 18th 09, 02:25 AM
(DK) wrote:
> Igor The Terrible wrote:
>>BTW: $165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
>>6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
>>with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.

>According to the article, "another $55 million in retention pay
>has already been distributed to about 400 AIG Financial Products
>employees."
>
>That's $137,500 on average per individual to *retain* people who
>got us into this mess. Three times higher than the median
>annual household income in the USA.

According to ABC, several left immediately after receiving bonuses of
up to a million. Some retention, eh?

>But wait, benevolent AIG is so good that it "believes it can trim
>those payments by at least 30 percent" in 2009!

I think the IRS and a quick court battle should do the job.

Swill
--
"It's going to take more than three weeks to un**** eight years of
George Bush's bungling." -- Christopher Helms

Governor Swill
March 18th 09, 04:25 AM
-=DirtBag© > wrote:

>Government need to stop payments to these *******s all together. NOW.
>Out government looks so weak. Get a ****ing backbone and just say NO
>bonus. If they don't like it they can sue the USA. America looks weak
>and needs to take a clue from RUSSIA. Take now and deal with the
>*******s by tossing them in prison to think just how much they really
>want to go after this bonus money ( bonus for what? Loosing billions?)
>
>What is disturbing me the most is the weak *******s bailing each other
>out. Get rid of these insiders and get people who have no connection of
>friends in the industry so that their priorities are for the public and
>not for their buddies.. **** n out ANY Bonus money.. Get them into
>court for 10 years and see how many hang on.. BUT NO MONEY NOW should be
>going to them. This BONUS money is insulting every right minded person
>who reads about it.. Seize their assets rather than give them bonuses..
>
>Time to play hardball and just say NO ****ing way! Hank Greenberg needs
>to be investigated for his role. He is a slime ball. Everyone thinks
>he is a nice guy and gosh he didn't even know.. Wrong He helped design
>this AIG mess. Greed it what got them. GREED. I want to see some
>serious prosecution's at AIG. THEY knew what they were doing..
>
>A rope around a few necks as they fall through the platform streaching,
>eyes bulging out will get the right message out. America was raped by
>these 'nice' guys. Paulson is a HUGE crook too. First thing he did was
>bail out GS using the AIG money. He violated the public trust. He
>needs to be punished.

Greenberg is suing AIG for all the money he had invested in the
company that they lost after he left. Since the US taxpayer owns 80%
of AIG, Hank is effectively suing us.

Swill
--
"It's going to take more than three weeks to un**** eight years of
George Bush's bungling." -- Christopher Helms

Tim Bruening
March 18th 09, 08:51 AM
Igor The Terrible wrote:

> ...Isn't it great to be a government suck up corporation?
>
> Like I said early on, the more you reward this kind of trash, the more
> of the same you will get. Unfortunately $170 billion seems like
> pocket change when you consider how big of a company they are and how
> much money their execs need to scrape on by... We should have given
> them a few trillion so that way we could have made to Christmas (or at
> least Thanksgiving) before they will be back shamelessly begging for
> more money. Such a poor, poor underprivilaged company. >:(..:: <--
> big ole alligator tears!!! <sniff>
>
> LMAO!!! How's this for a sales pitch to the government in justifying
> this thievery?
>
> "We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
> and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
> on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
> compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
> U.S. Treasury," Liddy said."
>
> Holy ****!!! The best and the brightest????? WTF??? Yep, they
> completely ran the company into the ground and now they demand a bonus
> for a job well done--and threaten this piece of **** insurance company
> with lawsuits if they don't???
>
> Igor's solution: Send all the rotten *******s to prison doing hard
> labor; and for those who were found guilty in steering AIG into this
> disaster... their executions would be promptly carried out. How's
> that for a job-well-done bonus? Bonus issue, SOLVED!
>
> BTW: $165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
> 6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
> with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.

Is it AIG's job to solve the homelessness problem?

Igor The Terrible
March 22nd 09, 12:08 AM
On Mar 15, 9:22*am, Starkiller© > wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 04:03:05 -0700 (PDT), Igor The Terrible
>

> > wrote:
> >...Isn't it great to be a government suck up corporation?
>
> >Like I said early on, the more you reward this kind of trash, the more
> >of the same you will get. *Unfortunately $170 billion seems like
> >pocket change when you consider how big of a company they are and how
> >much money their execs need to scrape on by... *We should have given
> >them a few trillion so that way we could have made to Christmas (or at
> >least Thanksgiving) before they will be back shamelessly begging for
> >more money. *Such a poor, poor underprivilaged company. *>:(..:: *<--
> >big ole alligator tears!!! * <sniff>
>
> >LMAO!!! *How's this for a sales pitch to the government in justifying
> >this thievery?
>
> >"We cannot attract and retain the best and brightest talent to lead
> >and staff the AIG businesses, which are now being operated principally
> >on behalf of the American taxpayers — if employees believe their
> >compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the
> >U.S. Treasury," Liddy said."
>
> >Holy ****!!! *The best and the brightest????? *WTF??? *Yep, they
> >completely ran the company into the ground and now they demand a bonus
> >for a job well done--and threaten this piece of **** insurance company
> >with lawsuits if they don't???
>
> >Igor's solution: *Send all the rotten *******s to prison doing hard
> >labor; and for those who were found guilty in steering AIG into this
> >disaster... their executions would be promptly carried out. *How's
> >that for a job-well-done bonus? *Bonus issue, SOLVED!
>
> >BTW: *$165 million will get rouhly 10,000 homeless individuals or
> >6,000 families of four off the streets and into apartments for a YEAR
> >with minimal government subsidies until they can find work.
>
> Hope and change, hope and change. *It's what you dumbasses wanted.
> Your boy in the whitehouse is throwing money at the corporations with
> no restrictions or rules for taking the money so what do you idiots
> expect?
> You may as well give a million dollars to a wino and then get upset
> when they blow it all on getting drunk.
> But that's what happens when you follow the old liberal democrat rule
> of simply throwing money at something hoping it will get fixed.
> Good intentions with no real plan in place.
> Suck it up lib and cheer on the new presidents corporate welfare.
> It's what you wanted.- Hide quoted text -

Whao!!! Hey I didn't vote for the messiah. In fact, I didn't vote
for any of the trash that was running. I went fishing. Time better
spent. You guys who did vote...well...I hope you were happy with what
you ended up with. To me, the whole campaign was an insult to
America--well, at least to those who could see through the reeking
bull**** spewing out of both parties. As for the independents...the
situation speaks for itself. Who in their right mind would want to be
president when they would have to work against the inbreed infestation
at the capital?

A complete and thorough extermnination is needed in Washington before
ANYONE will see ANY kind of change for the better.