PDA

View Full Version : simple solution: 150% tax on TARP Bonuses & compensation

Bash409
March 16th 09, 08:47 PM
for recuperation to the us taxpayers add these lines to 2009 tax forms :
---------

do you work for a company that recieved TARP funds ?

did you recieve ANY bonuses or other compensation above salary ?

IF yes enter that amount here.......

multiply the above line by 1.5... THIS IS YOUR TAX OWED !

ausound[_3_]
March 16th 09, 10:32 PM
Bash409 > wrote in news:gpmdse$ler$1
@news.motzarella.org:

> for recuperation to the us taxpayers add these lines to 2009 tax forms :
> ---------
>
> do you work for a company that recieved TARP funds ?
>
> did you recieve ANY bonuses or other compensation above salary ?
>
> IF yes enter that amount here.......
>
> multiply the above line by 1.5... THIS IS YOUR TAX OWED !

I LIKE IT!

infocide
March 17th 09, 07:32 PM
On Mar 16, 3:32 pm, ausound > wrote:
> Bash409 > wrote in news:gpmdse$ler$1
> @news.motzarella.org:
>

> > for recuperation to the us taxpayers add these lines to 2009 tax forms :
> > ---------
>
> > do you work for a company that recieved TARP funds ?
>
> > did you recieve ANY bonuses or other compensation above salary ?
>
> > IF yes enter that amount here.......
>
> > multiply the above line by 1.5... THIS IS YOUR TAX OWED !
>
> I LIKE IT!

Might actually be in the work ?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/17/senate-to-explore-taxing-controversial-aig-bonuses/?ref=fp1

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced on the Senate floor
Tuesday that the tax-writing Senate Finance Committee will pursue a
legislative fix in such a way that the "recipients of those bonuses
will not be able to keep all their money and that's an
understatement."

Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Montana, will propose
a special tax within the next 24 hours, Reid said.

"I don't think those bonuses should be paid," Baucus said Tuesday.