PDA

View Full Version : Ending The Recession

Tim Bruening
March 16th 09, 11:38 PM
I believe that its time to use part of our enormous military budget
($711 billion last year) to rebuild our economy. After all, we can't
have a strong military if our economy is too weak to finance it! I
therefore propose the following new divisions in the Defense Department:

Public Works Division: Solicit "defense contracts" from "defense
contractors" to build or upgrade mass transit systems, and repair
deteriorated roads and buildings.

Environmental Defense Division: Award contracts to build anti pollution
systems which would be given free of charge to businesses or government
agencies which are causing pollution. This would of course include
systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also award contracts to the
car companies to build clean efficient vehicles.

Anticrime Division: Track down anc convict in court organized criminals
(including the Bernard Madoffs of the world), using armies of specially
trained detectives, accountants, lawyers, and military personnel.

I am certain that most voters would cheer using the defense budget
stimulate the economy, to repair and strengthen our infrastructure, help
free us from foreign oil, clean up the environment, and stop organized
crime. Its high time we got some use our of our military spending!

I also believe that once defense contractors get used to producing
products for peace instead of war, they will lobby for peace!

AZDuffman
March 17th 09, 05:13 PM
On Mar 16, 7:38*pm, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> I believe that its time to use part of our enormous military budget
> ($711 billion last year) to rebuild our economy. *After all, we can't
> have a strong military if our economy is too weak to finance it! *I
> therefore propose the following new divisions in the Defense Department:
>
> Public Works Division: Solicit "defense contracts" from "defense
> contractors" to build or upgrade mass transit systems, and repair
> deteriorated roads and buildings.
>
> Environmental Defense Division: Award contracts to build anti pollution
> systems which would be given free of charge to businesses or government
> agencies which are causing pollution. *This would of course include
> systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. *Also award contracts to the
> car companies to build clean efficient vehicles.
>
> Anticrime Division: Track down anc convict in court organized criminals
> (including the Bernard Madoffs of the world), using armies of specially
> trained detectives, accountants, lawyers, and military personnel.
>
> I am certain that most voters would cheer using the defense budget
> stimulate the economy, to repair and strengthen our infrastructure, help
> free us from foreign oil, clean up the environment, and stop organized
> crime. *Its high time we got some use our of our military spending!
>
> I also believe that once defense contractors get used to producing
> products for peace instead of war, they will lobby for peace!

Sounds like you are a Kusenich voter?

Defense is for DEFENSE! And we have likely gotten more "side-benefit"
out of defense spending than any other area. It is the one of the few
things the government does right.

Tim Bruening
March 17th 09, 09:05 PM
AZDuffman wrote:

> On Mar 16, 7:38 pm, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> > I believe that its time to use part of our enormous military budget
> > ($711 billion last year) to rebuild our economy. After all, we can't
> > have a strong military if our economy is too weak to finance it! I
> > therefore propose the following new divisions in the Defense Department:
> >
> > Public Works Division: Solicit "defense contracts" from "defense
> > contractors" to build or upgrade mass transit systems, and repair
> > deteriorated roads and buildings.
> >
> > Environmental Defense Division: Award contracts to build anti pollution
> > systems which would be given free of charge to businesses or government
> > agencies which are causing pollution. This would of course include
> > systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also award contracts to the
> > car companies to build clean efficient vehicles.
> >
> > Anticrime Division: Track down anc convict in court organized criminals
> > (including the Bernard Madoffs of the world), using armies of specially
> > trained detectives, accountants, lawyers, and military personnel.
> >
> > I am certain that most voters would cheer using the defense budget
> > stimulate the economy, to repair and strengthen our infrastructure, help
> > free us from foreign oil, clean up the environment, and stop organized
> > crime. Its high time we got some use our of our military spending!
> >
> > I also believe that once defense contractors get used to producing
> > products for peace instead of war, they will lobby for peace!
>
> Sounds like you are a Kusenich voter?
>
> Defense is for DEFENSE! And we have likely gotten more "side-benefit"
> out of defense spending than any other area. It is the one of the few
> things the government does right.

Defense is about national security. National security is more than just
preventing enemies from invading the U.S. Its also having a strong economy
(which is why we have intervened in the Middle East to protect our access to
Middle East oil) and a clean environment. Therefore, I believe that using
defense money for infrastructure, the environment, and for stopping organized
crime (which drains our economy) is perfectly legitimate. I understand that
our interstate highway system was built to facilitate military movements, so
it was a legitimate defense expenditure!

Rod Speed
March 17th 09, 09:50 PM
Tim Bruening wrote:
> AZDuffman wrote:
>
>> On Mar 16, 7:38 pm, Tim Bruening >
>> wrote:
>>> I believe that its time to use part of our enormous military budget
>>> ($711 billion last year) to rebuild our economy. After all, we
>>> can't have a strong military if our economy is too weak to finance
>>> it! I therefore propose the following new divisions in the Defense
>>> Department:
>>>
>>> Public Works Division: Solicit "defense contracts" from "defense
>>> contractors" to build or upgrade mass transit systems, and repair
>>> deteriorated roads and buildings.
>>>
>>> Environmental Defense Division: Award contracts to build anti
>>> pollution systems which would be given free of charge to businesses
>>> or government agencies which are causing pollution. This would of
>>> course include systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also
>>> award contracts to the car companies to build clean efficient
>>> vehicles.
>>>
>>> Anticrime Division: Track down anc convict in court organized
>>> criminals (including the Bernard Madoffs of the world), using
>>> armies of specially trained detectives, accountants, lawyers, and
>>> military personnel.
>>>
>>> I am certain that most voters would cheer using the defense budget
>>> stimulate the economy, to repair and strengthen our infrastructure,
>>> help free us from foreign oil, clean up the environment, and stop
>>> organized crime. Its high time we got some use our of our military
>>> spending!
>>>
>>> I also believe that once defense contractors get used to producing
>>> products for peace instead of war, they will lobby for peace!
>>
>> Sounds like you are a Kusenich voter?
>>
>> Defense is for DEFENSE! And we have likely gotten more
>> "side-benefit" out of defense spending than any other area. It is
>> the one of the few things the government does right.
>
> Defense is about national security. National security is more than
> just preventing enemies from invading the U.S. Its also having a
> strong economy (which is why we have intervened in the Middle East to
> protect our access to Middle East oil) and a clean environment.
> Therefore, I believe that using defense money for infrastructure, the
> environment, and for stopping organized crime (which drains our
> economy) is perfectly legitimate.

Using that mindlessly silly line, defense money can be spent on everything, including education etc.

> I understand that our interstate highway system
> was built to facilitate military movements, so it
> was a legitimate defense expenditure!

And it aint used for that much anymore.

AZDuffman
March 17th 09, 11:21 PM
On Mar 17, 5:05*pm, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> AZDuffman wrote:
> > On Mar 16, 7:38 pm, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> > > I believe that its time to use part of our enormous military budget
> > > ($711 billion last year) to rebuild our economy. *After all, we can't
> > > have a strong military if our economy is too weak to finance it! *I
> > > therefore propose the following new divisions in the Defense Department:
>
> > > Public Works Division: Solicit "defense contracts" from "defense
> > > contractors" to build or upgrade mass transit systems, and repair
> > > deteriorated roads and buildings.
>
> > > Environmental Defense Division: Award contracts to build anti pollution
> > > systems which would be given free of charge to businesses or government
> > > agencies which are causing pollution. *This would of course include
> > > systems to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. *Also award contracts to the
> > > car companies to build clean efficient vehicles.
>
> > > Anticrime Division: Track down anc convict in court organized criminals
> > > (including the Bernard Madoffs of the world), using armies of specially
> > > trained detectives, accountants, lawyers, and military personnel.
>
> > > I am certain that most voters would cheer using the defense budget
> > > stimulate the economy, to repair and strengthen our infrastructure, help
> > > free us from foreign oil, clean up the environment, and stop organized
> > > crime. *Its high time we got some use our of our military spending!
>
> > > I also believe that once defense contractors get used to producing
> > > products for peace instead of war, they will lobby for peace!
>
> > Sounds like you are a Kusenich voter?
>
> > Defense is for DEFENSE! *And we have likely gotten more "side-benefit"
> > out of defense spending than any other area. *It is the one of the few
> > things the government does right.
>
> Defense is about national security. *National security is more than just
> preventing enemies from invading the U.S. *Its also having a strong economy
> (which is why we have intervened in the Middle East to protect our access to
> Middle East oil) and a clean environment. *Therefore, I believe that using
> defense money for infrastructure, the environment, and for stopping organized
> crime (which drains our economy) is perfectly legitimate. *I understand that
> our interstate highway system was built to facilitate military movements, so
> it was a legitimate defense expenditure!- Hide quoted text -

A clean envrionment has nothing to do with defense. And the
envrionment is in great shape now.

Tim Bruening
March 18th 09, 08:01 AM
AZDuffman wrote:

> On Mar 17, 5:05 pm, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> > AZDuffman wrote:

> > > Sounds like you are a Kusenich voter?
> >
> > > Defense is for DEFENSE! And we have likely gotten more "side-benefit"
> > > out of defense spending than any other area. It is the one of the few
> > > things the government does right.
> >
> > Defense is about national security. National security is more than just
> > preventing enemies from invading the U.S. Its also having a strong economy
> > (which is why we have intervened in the Middle East to protect our access to
> > Middle East oil) and a clean environment. Therefore, I believe that using
> > defense money for infrastructure, the environment, and for stopping organized
> > crime (which drains our economy) is perfectly legitimate. I understand that
> > our interstate highway system was built to facilitate military movements, so
> > it was a legitimate defense expenditure!- Hide quoted text -

> A clean envrionment has nothing to do with defense. And the
> envrionment is in great shape now.

What about global warming?

AZDuffman
March 18th 09, 03:49 PM
On Mar 18, 4:01*am, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> AZDuffman wrote:

> > > Defense is about national security. *National security is more than just
> > > preventing enemies from invading the U.S. *Its also having a strong economy
> > > (which is why we have intervened in the Middle East to protect our access to
> > > Middle East oil) and a clean environment. *Therefore, I believe that using
> > > defense money for infrastructure, the environment, and for stopping organized
> > > crime (which drains our economy) is perfectly legitimate. *I understand that
> > > our interstate highway system was built to facilitate military movements, so
> > > it was a legitimate defense expenditure!- Hide quoted text -

> > A clean envrionment has nothing to do with defense. *And the
> > envrionment is in great shape now.
>
> What about global warming?- Hide quoted text -

No such thing. Global Warming is nonsense to allow taxes to be
raised. We do not have a long enough trend to prove warming. If we
do, we cannot prove man is doing it. And finally, warmer is better
than colder so I'm all for a few degrees warmer planet.

DanB (Previously DB)
March 18th 09, 04:44 PM
AZDuffman wrote:
> On Mar 18, 4:01 am, Tim Bruening > wrote:

>> What about global warming?- Hide quoted text -
>
> No such thing.

Good to see that is settled. Now, if you would be so kind as to declare
the banking crisis over, we could all go home and live happily ever after...

AZDuffman
March 18th 09, 05:01 PM
On Mar 18, 12:44*pm, "DanB (Previously DB)" > wrote:
> AZDuffman wrote:
> > On Mar 18, 4:01 am, Tim Bruening > wrote:
> >> What about global warming?- Hide quoted text -
>
> > No such thing.
>
> Good to see that is settled. Now, if you would be so kind as to declare
> the banking crisis over, we could all go home and live happily ever after....

The worsr might be behind us. Citi just sent me a balance transfer
offer at 6.9% until I pay off! So there is money to loan.

Until Barack Obama starts taxing things to death we will be OK. The
guy is in so far over his head it is amazing. What you get when a
biased media refuses to vet a candidate based on party and skin color.

Econotron
March 18th 09, 10:52 PM
"DanB (Previously DB)" > wrote in message
> AZDuffman wrote:
>> On Mar 18, 4:01 am, Tim Bruening > wrote:
>
>>> What about global warming?- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> No such thing.
>
> Good to see that is settled. Now, if you would be so kind as to declare
> the banking crisis over, we could all go home and live happily ever
> after...

Banking crisis is a symptom, not a disease.
e.

DanB (Previously DB)
March 19th 09, 01:46 AM
Econotron wrote:
> "DanB (Previously DB)" > wrote in message
>> AZDuffman wrote:
>>> No such thing.
>> Good to see that is settled. Now, if you would be so kind as to declare
>> the banking crisis over, we could all go home and live happily ever
>> after...
>>
> Banking crisis is a symptom, not a disease.

Really! They created this...

http://lakeweb.com/money/Total%20U.S.%20Debt%20to%20GDP.gif