PDA

View Full Version : I AM STILL PUTTING INTO "DRIP" STOCK PLANS

March 17th 09, 04:54 AM
if you are investing long term, putting into a stocks "dividend
re-investment plan is probably one of the best things you could do rght
now. most of them are trading at 50% to 25% of what they had been
trading for,yet most of them are still paying about the same dividend
rate they were paying before their share price dropped. what that means
is you are getting a bigger bang for your buck, than you usually would.
you can contact companies to see if they have such a plan or you can
sign up at www.sharebulder.com to get into almost any company that pays
a dividend....good luck.

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

BuffetHater
March 17th 09, 11:06 AM
Don't be duped into this idiots game, dividends are being cut
nearly across the board. A high div is a sign of danger in a
failing america.

Sell everything. Comix is a foreign agent of the communist
Polish government out to destroy your wealth.

Comix hates freedom and wealth, he lives in a tarpaper shack
assessed at $ 17,000. and his mortgage is under water, he
wants you to fail as he is failing.

Lubow
March 17th 09, 06:24 PM
On Mar 17, 12:54*am, wrote:
> if you are investing long term, putting into a stocks "dividend
> re-investment plan is probably one of the best things you could do rght
> now. most of them are trading at 50% to 25% of what they had been
> trading for,yet most of them are still paying about the same dividend
> rate they were paying before their share price dropped. what that means
> is you are getting a bigger bang for your buck, than you usually would.
> you can contact companies to see if they have such a plan or you can
> sign up atwww.sharebulder.comto get into almost any company that pays
> a dividend....good luck.

Mr. Comics, DRIPs have the chronic -- and it can be expensive --
disadvantage of calculating your actual P&L when you sell. But DRIPs
have so many other advantages, provided it is structured correctly,
that the small disadvantage is negated.

There is an additional advantage that is not documented anywhere
except in my posts (Lubow takes a bow) . This advantage is being the
first to know when a company changes or eliminates the DRIP. That was
the case in BMY and Wrigley. Both those companies changed their free
plans to rather expensive (compared to the commissions I pay at
Interactive Brokers) plans. That was the signal to sell.

March 17th 09, 08:55 PM
yah, you do get good updates when you are in such a plan.you know, most
of the drip plans i am in now actually print out everything for you
nowdays when you sell.
i like the way they "snowball" in a few years, adding new shares,paying
moe of a dividend...i really iike that sharebuilder will set youup to
drip a stockthat doesnot even have a drip program. that is a nice
feature.

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

March 17th 09, 09:02 PM
the "drips" i own right now are : MGEE,JCI,TSN,TRST,UMH,MON,APD,
WMI,RAS, and ADM...
the only speculative one is RAS. i just put a hundred dollars into them
to see what would happen if they survive.i already have 30% more shares
than when i started but they are in "iffy" territory right now...not
much money in that one but i will add if they start to do better.

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

uncle_vito
March 17th 09, 11:25 PM
Comix:

Seems you would only want to go the DRP route with blue chips. Your shares
are held by the company and may not be easy to sell as if they were in the
hands of a broker in street name.

BTW, my V and USO did great today. BAC took a break.

Vito

> wrote in message
> the "drips" i own right now are : MGEE,JCI,TSN,TRST,UMH,MON,APD,
> WMI,RAS, and ADM...
> the only speculative one is RAS. i just put a hundred dollars into them
> to see what would happen if they survive.i already have 30% more shares
> than when i started but they are in "iffy" territory right now...not
> much money in that one but i will add if they start to do better.
>

> "THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
> terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

BuffetHater
March 18th 09, 12:31 AM
THAT is what this group is all about. . . . the broke leading the
stupid !!!!

Rumor is that Fat Vito is comix pig dick supplier.

March 18th 09, 04:31 AM
hey vito, it takes about a week to sell these stocks by snail mail but
supposedly you can sell them in hours by doing it "online"..
you just can't beat the returns you get from the compounding
dividends....plus they are pretty safe.

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

Lubow
March 18th 09, 06:48 AM
On Mar 18, 12:31*am, wrote:
> hey vito, it takes about a week to sell these stocks by snail mail but
> supposedly you can sell them in hours by doing it "online"..
> you just can't beat the returns you get from the compounding
> dividends....plus they are pretty safe.
>
> * * "THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
> terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

It just takes a phone call to sell them and about a day's work to
track down the actual tax basis of the sale.