PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is this the end of America?

Transition Zone
March 22nd 09, 05:45 PM
On Mar 21, 3:25*pm, "Jerry Okamura" > wrote:
> "mg" > wrote in message

> On Mar 20, 5:21 pm, "Jerry Okamura" > wrote:
>

> > "mg" > wrote in message

> > On Mar 20, 12:36 pm, CB > wrote:
> > . . .
>
> > > Probably not, if only because there are good reasons for optimism. The
> > > U. S. economy has pulled out of self-destructive political spirals in
> > > the past, spurred on by its business class and corporate leaders, the
> > > profit-making and market-creating people who rose above the political
> > > turmoil to once again lift the world out of financial crisis. It's
> > > happened many times before, except for once, when it took 20 years to
> > > rise out of the Great Depression.
>
> > . . .
>
> > Politicians and corporate leaders are the ones who caused the
> > financial mess. If it weren't for the fact that we have a different
> > set of politicians in Washington now, we might never recover from the
> > financial collapse.
>
> > Yep, by screwing the people who will follow us, who will be stuck with a
> > massive increase in the National Debt, and who is the Govenrment going to
> > sell that debt to? They will try to sell that debt to countries like
> > China,
> > by giving them what they want in order for them to buy the debt
> > instruments
> > that the government has to sell in order to finance that debt.
>
> Let me know when Obama borrows as much money fixing Bush's problems as
> Bush borrowed creating them.
>
> It appears he is not only going to match that in record time, but by the
> time he is finished, if he gets his way, he will

He... what? He "will"? You repugs can read the future now? All of a
sudden?
Tell us more!

March 22nd 09, 10:54 PM
In >, on
03/22/2009
at 10:45 AM, Transition Zone > said:

>On Mar 21, 3:25*pm, "Jerry Okamura" > wrote: >
>"mg" > wrote in message

>> On Mar 20, 5:21 pm, "Jerry Okamura" > wrote:
>>

>> > "mg" > wrote in message

>> > On Mar 20, 12:36 pm, CB > wrote:
>> > . . .

>> > . . .
>>
>> > Politicians and corporate leaders are the ones who caused the
>> > financial mess. If it weren't for the fact that we have a different
>> > set of politicians in Washington now, we might never recover from the
>> > financial collapse.
>>
>> > Yep, by screwing the people who will follow us, who will be stuck with a
>> > massive increase in the National Debt, and who is the Govenrment going to
>> > sell that debt to? They will try to sell that debt to countries like
>> > China,
>> > by giving them what they want in order for them to buy the debt
>> > instruments
>> > that the government has to sell in order to finance that debt.
>>
>> Let me know when Obama borrows as much money fixing Bush's problems as
>> Bush borrowed creating them.
>>
>> It appears he is not only going to match that in record time, but by the
>> time he is finished, if he gets his way, he will

>He... what? He "will"? You repugs can read the future now? All of a
>sudden?
>Tell us more!

Gee, to hear the right wign kooks, you would think that every problem will
go away if we just do nothing.

These people are incapable of learning.

Mason C
March 23rd 09, 12:20 AM
For a really good analysis of the economic crisis, read this. All of it.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2009/0903.galbraith.html

The youths who did not experience the first Great Depression seem not
able to grasp what happened. This is understandable. As a brief
reminder: the country was on the verge of real rebellion, possibly
a Communist success, at least in New York city. Capitalism was
in danger. FDR may have saved us. We can't know what would
have happened without him, that's true -- the nature of time moving
only forward.

Please do read Jamie Galbreath's article. Line-by-line he has it
right. And it's not encouraging. Obama may fail -- for a variety
of reasons -- not all his fault.
For a really good analysis of the economic crisis, read this. All of it.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2009/0903.galbraith.html

The youths who did not experience the first Great Depression seem not
able to grasp what happened. This is understandable. As a brief
reminder: the country was on the verge of real rebellion, possibly
a Communist success, at least in New York city. Capitalism was
in danger. FDR may have saved us. We can't know what would
have happened without him, that's true -- the nature of time moving
only forward.

Please do read Jamie Galbreath's article. Line-by-line he has it
right. And it's not encouraging. Obama may fail -- for a variety
of reasons -- not all his fault.

Mason Clark
*Greater America in the Age of Rebellion*
http://frontal-lobe.info/greateramerica.html
-- many excerpts you can see --