PDA

View Full Version : China calls for new global currency

Doobie Keebler[_2_]
March 24th 09, 08:33 PM
or, ""How're you gonna keep 'em down on the rice paddy, after they've
seen Wall Street?"
http://www.library.jhu.edu/bin/x/i/box96item138.jpg

Those ungrateful red devils . . . give 'em a little taste of
globalization and all of a sudden they want a global currency!

Hmmm . . maybe if they made it 90% silver and put a Panda on it, that
wouldn't be too bad, ya think?

..-=d00b
..

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes
the laws."
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild (1744-1812)
founder of the House of Rothschild.

China calls for new global currency
===========================

BEIJING (AP) China is calling for a new global currency to replace
the dominant dollar, showing a growing assertiveness on revamping the
world economy ahead of next week's London summit on the financial
crisis.

The surprise proposal by Beijing's central bank governor reflects
unease about its vast holdings of U.S. government bonds and adds to
Chinese pressure to overhaul a global financial system dominated by
the dollar and Western governments.

The world economic crisis shows the "inherent vulnerabilities and
systemic risks in the existing international monetary system," Gov.
Zhou Xiaochuan said in an essay released Monday by the bank. He
recommended creating a currency made up a basket of global currencies
and controlled by the International Monetary Fund and said it would
help "to achieve the objective of safeguarding global economic and
financial stability."

Zhou did not mention the dollar by name. But in an unusual step, the
essay was published in both Chinese and English, making clear it was
meant for a foreign audience.

China has long been uneasy about relying on the dollar for the bulk of
its trade and to store foreign reserves. Premier Wen Jiabao publicly
appealed to Washington this month to avoid any response to the crisis
that might weaken the dollar and the value of Beijing's estimated $1
trillion in Treasuries and other U.S. government debt.

- more -
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&ncl=1319023909&topic=b

Doobie Keebler[_2_]
March 24th 09, 08:51 PM
On Mar 24, 3:33*pm, Doobie Keebler > wrote:
> or, ""How're you gonna keep 'em down . .

lyrics and audio:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/audio/howyagonna.htm

You can find darn near anything on the internet.

Heck, I even found Comix' HS clas photo!

..

BuffetHater
March 24th 09, 11:46 PM
On Mar 24, 4:45*pm, wrote:
> i found your class picture too doobie....bugs bunny was running from you
> as you were screaming "kwill da wabbit"......didn't know you went bald
> so early in life...

Comix daughter is dating the Taliban.

Doobie Keebler[_2_]
March 25th 09, 01:29 AM
China and Russia
Sitting in a tree
Floating a new curr-en-cy

First came Greenspan,
then came Bernanke,
then came the end of hemogeny!

IF the USD loses it's status as global reserve currency, we are toast.

Not that THAT thought hasn't occurred to the wealthy elite who've been
pushing globalization for teh past 20 years.
/snark/

..-=d00b
..

UPDATE: Moscow supports IMF currency

In a little-circulated March 16 statement, the Kremlin said it will
propose the IMF-based currency at April's G20 meeting in London.

"The International Monetary Fund should investigate the possible
creation of a new reserve currency, widening the list of reserve
currencies or using its already existing Special Drawing Rights, or
SDRs, as a 'superreserve currency accepted by the whole of the
international community,' the Kremlin said in a statement issued on
its web site," reported the Moscow Times.

"Russia also called for countries whose currencies currently have
reserve status to adopt international rules on fiscal and
macroeconomic discipline," noted Reuters.

http://in.reuters.com/article/asiaCompanyAndMarkets/idINLG3218520090316

> China calls for new global currency
> ===========================
>
> BEIJING (AP) China is calling for a new global currency to replace
> the dominant dollar, showing a growing assertiveness on revamping the
> world economy ahead of next week's London summit on the financial
> crisis.
> - more -
http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&ned=us&ncl=1319023909&topic=b

..

Doobie Keebler[_2_]
March 25th 09, 02:00 AM
On Mar 24, 4:46*pm, wrote:

> "Don't tell me what the poets are doing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3FLz3Ky08

BuffetHater
March 25th 09, 03:00 AM
A 'Buffy' of a different color:

Born in Sask and raised in the States, a snippet of her song:
Done in the early 60's, my eyes tear up listening and i'm nearly
'white'

The white nation fattens while others grow lean
Oh the tricked and evicted they know what I mean

My country 'tis of thy people you're dying

The past it just crumbled, the future just threatens
Our life blood shut up in your chemical tanks
And now here you come, bill of sale in your hands
And surprise in your eyes that we're lacking in thanks
For the blessings of civilization you've brought us
The lessons you've taught us, the ruin you've wrought us
Oh see what our trust in America's brought us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl08n8_b3Sw&NR=1