PDA

View Full Version : Re: A 15-Year Depression?

phil scott
March 26th 09, 02:57 AM
On Mar 25, 3:52*pm, PeterL > wrote:
> On Mar 25, 2:50*pm, Poetic Justice >
> wrote:
>
> > PeterL wrote:
>
> > > We are nowhere near anything like a depression.
>
> > Keep telling yourself that.
>
> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Is this the worst economy since the Great
> Depression? And what are the chances of the economy falling into
> another depression?
>
> The answer to the first question is fairly clear. In most ways that
> matter to economists and average Americans, this is the worst economic
> crisis since the Depression.
>
> The answer to the second question is not as clear. While the National
> Bureau of Economic Research officially declares the beginning and end
> of recessions, nobody does that for depressions.
>
> Still, the general consensus of economists is that another depression
> is not likely.

Peter, our bogus govt govt spins the data... on the theory that
public opinion can be swayed and they will start buying again in mass
and avert a depression... govt has never been very bright, especially
as influenced by special interests. Believing govt issued data,
and assuming that the 'analyists' are independent and accurate is at
the core of your set of notions... However, you are correct.. we
will see a huge suckers rally, starting last week that will take the
dow back into the 9000 range.... all on hot air as the insiders dump
their holdings...then the stock will tank to the 4,000 range....thats
why its called a suckers rally.

you will be invested in that Peter?

Phil scott

March 26th 09, 03:03 AM
we are in a recession, not a depression...

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

March 26th 09, 10:50 PM
newsflash !: short sellers are ****ting bricks !

"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

Comics Momma WebTV
March 27th 09, 02:48 AM
On Mar 26, 6:50 pm, wrote:
> newsflash !: short sellers are ****ting bricks !
>
> "THE BLACK HAND" is the hand that beat me daily at school.

Little mikey makes us all soooooo proud. He is getting even with
the
coloreds by cheating welfare and selling his pain scripts to other
church
goers.
Mike Swine-tall, grade 8 drop out makes good.