PDA

View Full Version : Private equity plays are next big gains. FIG and BX

-=DirtBagŠ[_3_]
March 26th 09, 04:38 PM
I have loaded up on FIG recently because I think it is going to take off
soon... they will be cherry picking along with BX . These are smart
guys waiting at lurking and then they strike they will go up nicely..

FIG and BX are the masters of private equity and well run..
Comments:

RayLopez99
March 26th 09, 05:16 PM
On Mar 26, 12:38*pm, -=DirtBagŠ > wrote:
> I have loaded up on FIG recently because I think it is going to take off
> soon... they will be cherry picking along *with BX . These are smart
> guys waiting at lurking and then they strike they will go up nicely..
>
> FIG and BX are the masters of private equity and well run..
> Comments:

I own PSP, which owns FIG and others. Safer with an index. Been
buying more recently (averaging down).

RL

-=DirtBagŠ[_3_]
March 26th 09, 05:28 PM
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On Mar 26, 12:38 pm, -=DirtBagŠ > wrote:
>> I have loaded up on FIG recently because I think it is going to take off
>> soon... they will be cherry picking along with BX . These are smart
>> guys waiting at lurking and then they strike they will go up nicely..
>>
>> FIG and BX are the masters of private equity and well run..
>> Comments:
>
> I own PSP, which owns FIG and others. Safer with an index. Been
> buying more recently (averaging down).
>
> RL

I will check out PSP. I like the fact that FIG and BX are like
sleeping.. when they wake up they will be on a terror imo. Always
looking for better/ safer ways to play Ray.

I am really liking this new China push into solar.. CSUN, JASO, ESLR
too. Thanks for your input.. Seems you and I have similar ideas.

Great minds think alike! hahahah

-=DirtBagŠ[_3_]
March 26th 09, 05:34 PM
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On Mar 26, 12:38 pm, -=DirtBagŠ > wrote:
>> I have loaded up on FIG recently because I think it is going to take off
>> soon... they will be cherry picking along with BX . These are smart
>> guys waiting at lurking and then they strike they will go up nicely..
>>
>> FIG and BX are the masters of private equity and well run..
>> Comments:
>
> I own PSP, which owns FIG and others. Safer with an index. Been
> buying more recently (averaging down).
>
> RL

Bang buoy Ray.. PSP is paying a 14% div? WTF? This for real? That
f-ing great...

-Dirt

ausound[_3_]
March 26th 09, 05:59 PM
-=DirtBagŠ > wrote in news:49cbafa2$0$1641
:

> I have loaded up on FIG recently because I think it is going to take off
> soon... they will be cherry picking along with BX . These are smart
> guys waiting at lurking and then they strike they will go up nicely..
>
> FIG and BX are the masters of private equity and well run..
> Comments:

FIG has been on a 45 degree downward glide plane since it's inception in
2007

with some minor fluctuations ditto BX

masters of private equity and well run.... well run into the ground

BX with negative revenue
Revenue (ttm): -349.36M
and debt
Total Debt (mrq): 387.00M

and FIG's debt 99% of their revenue
Revenue (ttm): 731.80M

Total Debt (mrq): 730.76M

I see a bottom being put in by desperado bag holders cost averaging their
positions and accumulating large positions to get some dividend revenue
from these two ponzi business models

btw FIG's waaay over bought... sell into any strength

RayLopez99
March 27th 09, 02:24 PM
On Mar 26, 1:34*pm, -=DirtBagŠ > wrote:
> Bang buoy Ray.. PSP is paying a 14% div? *WTF? *This for real? * That
> f-ing great...

PVX pays 15% (CAN oil trust)--check it out. I was not aware of PSP
paying anything.

RL

Alan Bowler
March 27th 09, 07:47 PM
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On Mar 26, 1:34 pm, -=DirtBagŠ > wrote:
>> Bang buoy Ray.. PSP is paying a 14% div? WTF? This for real? That
>> f-ing great...
>
> PVX pays 15% (CAN oil trust)--check it out.

According to globeinvestor.com, this works out to 14.1 % today.
However, since it is an oil trust, bear in mind that a good chunk
of that is a return of capital, and so, over time, you expect the unit
value to decline as the oil is depleted. In some prior years as
much as 1/2 the payout was return of capital although last year
apparently none was officially.

>I was not aware of PSP paying anything.

Globeinvestor.com says 1.5%, and Invesco says the MER is 0.71%.