PDA

View Full Version : Heard on Jay Leno this evening

Lubow
March 28th 09, 03:40 AM
"The Postmaster General reported today that the Post Office lost 2.8
billion dollars.

"Hey, in this economy, that's a successful business. AIG lost 2.8
billion dollars while I was telling this joke."

-=DirtBag©[_3_]
March 28th 09, 09:29 PM
Lubow wrote:
> "The Postmaster General reported today that the Post Office lost 2.8
> billion dollars.
>
> "Hey, in this economy, that's a successful business. AIG lost 2.8
> billion dollars while I was telling this joke."

I don't think the postman is coming daily anymore.. I have not been
getting the junk mail everyday and I generally see the postman.

ausound[_3_]
March 29th 09, 02:35 AM
-=DirtBag© > wrote in news:49ce96bb$0$1639
:

> Lubow wrote:
>> "The Postmaster General reported today that the Post Office lost 2.8
>> billion dollars.
>>
>> "Hey, in this economy, that's a successful business. AIG lost 2.8
>> billion dollars while I was telling this joke."
>

> I don't think the postman is coming daily anymore.. I have not been
> getting the junk mail everyday and I generally see the postman.

I discussed this with my postman a couple days ago
he says junk mail is primarily all they carry now
1st class has dwindled to what can't be done via email

someone needs to slap the gubmint upside the head
let 'em know the've got horse & buggy product that needs to be downsized to
fit the 21st century

raise junk mail postage a smidgen... junk mail dries up
post office can let attrition take care of it's bloated work force issue

problem(s) solved

Lawyerkill
March 29th 09, 04:41 AM
On Mar 28, 9:35�pm, ausound > wrote:
> -=DirtBag� > wrote in news:49ce96bb$0$1639
> :
>
> > Lubow wrote:
> >> "The Postmaster General reported today that the Post Office lost 2.8
> >> billion dollars.
>
> >> "Hey, in this economy, that's a successful business. �AIG lost 2.8
> >> billion dollars while I was telling this joke."
>
> > I don't think the postman is coming daily anymore.. I have not been
> > getting the junk mail everyday and I generally see the postman.
>
> I discussed this with my postman a couple days ago
> he says junk mail is primarily all they carry now
> 1st class has dwindled to what can't be done via email
>
> someone needs to slap the gubmint upside the head
> let 'em know the've got horse & buggy product that needs to be downsized to
> fit the 21st century

Hey, remember First Class air mail stamps? The scam worked for a long
time untill we found out most First Class mail goes by air.