PDA

View Full Version : Metso Dividend Policy

Yadda
March 28th 09, 02:57 PM
I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
(few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
exchange rate boost).

Blash
March 28th 09, 04:58 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 10:57 AM:

> I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
> buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
> (few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
> inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
> dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
> now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
> exchange rate boost).

Once you fully understand the stock market, would you please post an
explanation of infinity???

Yadda
March 28th 09, 05:44 PM
on 3/28/09 11:58 AM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 10:57 AM:
>
>> I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
>> buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
>> (few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
>> inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
>> dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
>> now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
>> exchange rate boost).
>
> Once you fully understand the stock market, would you please post an
> explanation of infinity???

What does my post have to do with Infinity? But Infinity has to 2
types: countable and uncountable. Think 1, 2, 3, ... AND then Real
Numbers which are uncountable.

Blash
March 28th 09, 06:07 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 1:44 PM:

> on 3/28/09 11:58 AM Blash said the following:
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 10:57 AM:
>>
>>> I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
>>> buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
>>> (few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
>>> inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
>>> dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
>>> now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
>>> exchange rate boost).
>>
>> Once you fully understand the stock market, would you please post an
>> explanation of infinity???
>>

> What does my post have to do with Infinity? But Infinity has to 2
> types: countable and uncountable. Think 1, 2, 3, ... AND then Real
> Numbers which are uncountable.

VERY GOOD!!! That also can be used to explain movements of stocks.........

Yadda
March 28th 09, 07:32 PM
on 3/28/09 11:58 AM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 10:57 AM:
>
>> I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
>> buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
>> (few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
>> inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
>> dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
>> now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
>> exchange rate boost).
>
> Once you fully understand the stock market, would you please post an
> explanation of infinity???

I bought USA $17K of Metso in 2005. So far my dividend revenue has been
around USA $9K with another $2-3K to hit this April. You think GE
has good dividend or are you chasing stock price gain or day trader?

catalpa
March 28th 09, 08:14 PM
"Yadda" > wrote in message
>I have a hard time understanding why Metso is an undiscovered gem for
>buy/hold. Review its financials, understand it's competitive advantage
>(few competitors is paper area), it is Euro based (good for hedging US
>inflation), and its respect for shareholders expressed as a healthy
>dividend (>= 50% of earnings is returned to shareholders each year). It
>now trades around 4 P/E and estimate dividend yield is ~20% (then the
>exchange rate boost).

At best the estimated dividend yield is 15%, but only if the second dividend
of 0.68 Euro is paid later in 2009. At $1.33/Euro, 1.38 Euro is $1.8354 on a
stock that closed at $12.25.

"Board of Director's proposal for the distribution of profit

The Board proposes to the Annual General Meeting that the dividend of EUR
0.70 per share be distributed for the year ended on December 31, 2008. The
Board is further proposing to the Annual General Meeting to authorize the
Board to pay at its discretion an additional dividend later in the year 2009
in the amount not exceeding 0.68 euro per share should the Metso's financial
position support the distribution of such additional dividend."

Blash
March 28th 09, 08:27 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 3:32 PM:

> I bought USA $17K of Metso in 2005. So far my dividend revenue has been
> around USA $9K with another $2-3K to hit this April.
Well, whoopsie doo!!!

> You think GE has good dividend or are you chasing stock price gain or day
> trader?
Yes.......

ausound[_3_]
March 28th 09, 08:35 PM
Blash > wrote in
:

> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 3:32 PM:
>
>> I bought USA $17K of Metso in 2005. So far my dividend revenue has
>> been
>> around USA $9K with another $2-3K to hit this April.
> Well, whoopsie doo!!!
>
>> You think GE has good dividend or are you chasing stock price gain or
>> day trader?
> Yes.......

METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
as a foreign stock information is not redily available

Last Trade: 12.25
Volume: 1,639
Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09

Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
Volume: 0
Avg Vol (3m): N/A
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
Ex-Div Date: N/A

Yadda
March 29th 09, 12:19 AM
on 3/28/09 3:35 PM ausound said the following:
> Blash > wrote in
> :
>
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 3:32 PM:
>>
>>> I bought USA $17K of Metso in 2005. So far my dividend revenue has
>>> been
>>> around USA $9K with another $2-3K to hit this April.
>> Well, whoopsie doo!!!
>>
>>> You think GE has good dividend or are you chasing stock price gain or
>>> day trader?
>> Yes.......
>>

> METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
> as a foreign stock information is not redily available
>
> Last Trade: 12.25
> Volume: 1,639
> Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
> Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09
>

> Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
> Volume: 0
> Avg Vol (3m): N/A
> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
> Ex-Div Date: N/A

http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo

Blash
March 29th 09, 02:03 AM
Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:

> on 3/28/09 3:35 PM ausound said the following:
>> Blash > wrote in
>> :

>>> Well, whoopsie doo!!!

>>> Yes.......
>>>

>> METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
>> as a foreign stock information is not redily available
>>
>> Last Trade: 12.25
>> Volume: 1,639
>> Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
>> Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09
>>

>> Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
>> Volume: 0
>> Avg Vol (3m): N/A
>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
>> Ex-Div Date: N/A
>
> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo

Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
chasing..........

ausound[_3_]
March 29th 09, 02:45 AM
Blash > wrote in
:

> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:
>
>> on 3/28/09 3:35 PM ausound said the following:
>>> Blash > wrote in
>>> :

>>> METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
>>> as a foreign stock information is not redily available
>>>
>>> Last Trade: 12.25
>>> Volume: 1,639
>>> Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
>>> Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09
>>>

>>> Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
>>> Volume: 0
>>> Avg Vol (3m): N/A
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
>>> Ex-Div Date: N/A
>>
>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>

> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention
> that minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions
> are chasing..........

Metso Corp.
Fabianinkatu 9 A
PO Box 1220
FIN-00101
Helsinki FIN-00101
Finland

http://www.metso.com

Phone: +358-20-484-100
Metso is a global engineering and technology corporation with 2006 net
sales of approximately EUR 5 billion. Its more than 26,000 employees in
more than 50 countries serve customers in the pulp and paper industry,
rock and minerals processing, the energy industry and selected other
industries.

Primary SIC Industry Classification
3550 - Special Industry Machinery (No Metalworking Machinery)

Business Stage
Development Stage Company <<====================

COULD BE MOVING INTO DISASTER MODE OR COULD BE RIPE FOR A SHORT SQUEEZE

Short Interest Date Short Interest % Change Avg. Daily Share Volume
Days to Cover Split New Issue Mar 13, 2009 42,113 25.97 11,584 3.64 No
No Feb 27, 2009 33,432 26.64 18,886 1.77 No No
Feb 13, 2009 26,400 14.72 22,812 1.16 No No
Jan 30, 2009 23,013

ausound[_3_]
March 29th 09, 02:57 AM
Blash > wrote in :

> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:
>
>> on 3/28/09 3:35 PM ausound said the following:
>>> Blash > wrote in
>>> :

>>> METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
>>> as a foreign stock information is not redily available
>>>
>>> Last Trade: 12.25
>>> Volume: 1,639
>>> Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
>>> Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09
>>>

>>> Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
>>> Volume: 0
>>> Avg Vol (3m): N/A
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
>>> Ex-Div Date: N/A
>>
>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>

> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
> minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
> chasing..........

Mar 17, 2009 Metso to reduce 718 employees in the Paper business line's
Finnish operations

Mar 4, 2009 Metso has completed personnel negotiations with its Mining and
Construction Technology personnel in Finland

Feb 16, 2009 Standard & Poor's revised Metso's rating outlook to negative

Feb 4, 2009 Metso to buy back 300,000 own shares for its Share Ownership
Plan

Yadda
March 29th 09, 04:05 AM
on 3/28/09 8:03 PM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:
>
>> on 3/28/09 3:35 PM ausound said the following:
>>> Blash > wrote in
>>> :

>>> METSO CP ADS(Other OTC: MXCYY.PK)
>>> as a foreign stock information is not redily available
>>>
>>> Last Trade: 12.25
>>> Volume: 1,639
>>> Avg Vol (3m): 18,532.3
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
>>> Ex-Div Date: 26-Apr-09
>>>

>>> Mar 5: 9.95 0.00 (0.00%) METSO CORP ORD (MXTOF.PK)
>>> Volume: 0
>>> Avg Vol (3m): N/A
>>> Div & Yield: N/A (N/A
>>> Ex-Div Date: N/A
>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>

> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
> minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
> chasing..........

Every industrial stock got hammered to the point irrationality. Of
course, stocks trade on the margin so the pessimists can sink a stock in
the short term (2-3 years).

Blash
March 29th 09, 01:52 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 11:05 PM:

> on 3/28/09 8:03 PM Blash said the following:
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:

>>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>>

>> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
>> minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
>> chasing..........
>>

> Every industrial stock got hammered to the point irrationality. Of
> course, stocks trade on the margin so the pessimists can sink a stock in
> the short term (2-3 years).

If you want to keep finding reasons to justify your holding, good
luck.......
Otherwise, realize you're in a dog with no interest by anyone else(look aat
the volume), no easy access to info, currency conversion risk, etc. and pray
a lot.

Yadda
March 29th 09, 02:24 PM
on 3/28/09 8:45 PM ausound said the following:
> Blash > wrote in
> :
>
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:

>>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>>
>> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention
>> that minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions
>> are chasing..........
>>

> Metso Corp.
> Fabianinkatu 9 A
> PO Box 1220
> FIN-00101
> Helsinki FIN-00101
> Finland
>
> http://www.metso.com
>
> Phone: +358-20-484-100
> Metso is a global engineering and technology corporation with 2006 net
> sales of approximately EUR 5 billion. Its more than 26,000 employees in
> more than 50 countries serve customers in the pulp and paper industry,
> rock and minerals processing, the energy industry and selected other
> industries.
>
> Primary SIC Industry Classification
> 3550 - Special Industry Machinery (No Metalworking Machinery)
>
> Business Stage
> Development Stage Company <<====================
>
> COULD BE MOVING INTO DISASTER MODE OR COULD BE RIPE FOR A SHORT SQUEEZE
>
> Short Interest Date Short Interest % Change Avg. Daily Share Volume
> Days to Cover Split New Issue Mar 13, 2009 42,113 25.97 11,584 3.64 No
> No Feb 27, 2009 33,432 26.64 18,886 1.77 No No
> Feb 13, 2009 26,400 14.72 22,812 1.16 No No
> Jan 30, 2009 23,013

You do the gambling and have fun. I will wait for my dividend.

Yadda
March 29th 09, 02:25 PM
on 3/28/09 8:57 PM ausound said the following:
> Blash > wrote in :
>
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 8:19 PM:

>>> http://pinksheets.com/pink/quote/quote.jsp?symbol=MXCYY#getCompanyInfo
>>
>> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
>> minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
>> chasing..........
>>

> Mar 17, 2009 Metso to reduce 718 employees in the Paper business line's
> Finnish operations
>
> Mar 4, 2009 Metso has completed personnel negotiations with its Mining and
> Construction Technology personnel in Finland
>
> Feb 16, 2009 Standard & Poor's revised Metso's rating outlook to negative
>
> Feb 4, 2009 Metso to buy back 300,000 own shares for its Share Ownership
> Plan

Thaat's right. Metso is adjusting to stay lean. And managing its stock
float for the long term investor.

Yadda
March 29th 09, 02:43 PM
on 3/29/09 7:52 AM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 11:05 PM:
>
>> on 3/28/09 8:03 PM Blash said the following:

>>> Hmmmmm.......from $56 to $12 in the last year(you forgot to mention that
>>> minor detail)........doesn't look like something the institutions are
>>> chasing..........
>>>
>> Every industrial stock got hammered to the point irrationality. Of
>> course, stocks trade on the margin so the pessimists can sink a stock in
>> the short term (2-3 years).
>
> If you want to keep finding reasons to justify your holding, good
> luck.......
> Otherwise, realize you're in a dog with no interest by anyone else(look aat
> the volume), no easy access to info, currency conversion risk, etc. and pray
> a lot.

You consider "analysts" reliable sources of information?

Blash
March 29th 09, 05:02 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/29/09 9:43 AM:

> on 3/29/09 7:52 AM Blash said the following:
>> Yadda wrote on 3/28/09 11:05 PM:

>>> Every industrial stock got hammered to the point irrationality. Of
>>> course, stocks trade on the margin so the pessimists can sink a stock in
>>> the short term (2-3 years).
>>
>> If you want to keep finding reasons to justify your holding, good
>> luck.......
>> Otherwise, realize you're in a dog with no interest by anyone else(look aat
>> the volume), no easy access to info, currency conversion risk, etc. and pray
>> a lot.
>>

> You consider "analysts" reliable sources of information?

You also said " You do the gambling and have fun."

You sure assume a lot........beside thinking that I'm a gambler, you
seem to think that I consider "analysts" reliable sources of
information..........
I hope that any skills you may have are more accurate than your
guesswork...........

Yadda
March 29th 09, 06:10 PM
on 3/29/09 11:02 AM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/29/09 9:43 AM:
>
>> on 3/29/09 7:52 AM Blash said the following:

>>> If you want to keep finding reasons to justify your holding, good
>>> luck.......
>>> Otherwise, realize you're in a dog with no interest by anyone else(look aat
>>> the volume), no easy access to info, currency conversion risk, etc. and pray
>>> a lot.
>>>
>> You consider "analysts" reliable sources of information?
>
> You also said " You do the gambling and have fun."
>
> You sure assume a lot........beside thinking that I'm a gambler, you
> seem to think that I consider "analysts" reliable sources of
> information..........
> I hope that any skills you may have are more accurate than your
> guesswork...........

I agree investing in foreign stocks not trading on the US market brings
increased risk. But I know Metso is reputable company and have
relatives who are not clueless living all over Finland. Maybe you will
no bring out the affinity play? None of you have said one thing about
how the dividend compares to so-called yield stocks.

Blash
March 29th 09, 06:26 PM
Yadda wrote on 3/29/09 1:10 PM:

> on 3/29/09 11:02 AM Blash said the following:
>> Yadda wrote on 3/29/09 9:43 AM:

>>> You consider "analysts" reliable sources of information?
>>
>> You also said " You do the gambling and have fun."
>>
>> You sure assume a lot........beside thinking that I'm a gambler, you
>> seem to think that I consider "analysts" reliable sources of
>> information..........
>> I hope that any skills you may have are more accurate than your
>> guesswork...........
>>

> I agree investing in foreign stocks not trading on the US market brings
> increased risk. But I know Metso is reputable company and have
> relatives who are not clueless living all over Finland. Maybe you will
> no bring out the affinity play? None of you have said one thing about
> how the dividend compares to so-called yield stocks.

The first question that comes to mind is how U.S. investors are treated
on dividends from Finland.......The second is why would anyone buy a company
that has so little information readily available.....the third is why anyone
would anyone tie up capital in a stock with minimal liquidity........
etc., etc., etc.,

Yadda
March 29th 09, 09:59 PM
on 3/29/09 12:26 PM Blash said the following:
> Yadda wrote on 3/29/09 1:10 PM:
>
>> on 3/29/09 11:02 AM Blash said the following:

>>> You also said " You do the gambling and have fun."
>>>
>>> You sure assume a lot........beside thinking that I'm a gambler, you
>>> seem to think that I consider "analysts" reliable sources of
>>> information..........
>>> I hope that any skills you may have are more accurate than your
>>> guesswork...........
>>>
>> I agree investing in foreign stocks not trading on the US market brings
>> increased risk. But I know Metso is reputable company and have
>> relatives who are not clueless living all over Finland. Maybe you will
>> no bring out the affinity play? None of you have said one thing about
>> how the dividend compares to so-called yield stocks.
>
> The first question that comes to mind is how U.S. investors are treated
> on dividends from Finland.......The second is why would anyone buy a company
> that has so little information readily available.....the third is why anyone
> would anyone tie up capital in a stock with minimal liquidity........
> etc., etc., etc.,

Valid questions. The stock is buy and hold so depends on what the
investment objective is.

ausound[_3_]
March 30th 09, 04:29 AM
Yadda > wrote in :

> I agree investing in foreign stocks not trading on the US market brings
> increased risk. But I know Metso is reputable company and have
> relatives who are not clueless living all over Finland. Maybe you will
> no bring out the affinity play? None of you have said one thing about
> how the dividend compares to so-called yield stocks.

no one's mentioned the finnish tax liability for dividends

Yadda
March 31st 09, 09:09 AM
on 3/29/09 10:29 PM ausound said the following:
> Yadda > wrote in :
>
>> I agree investing in foreign stocks not trading on the US market brings
>> increased risk. But I know Metso is reputable company and have
>> relatives who are not clueless living all over Finland. Maybe you will
>> no bring out the affinity play? None of you have said one thing about
>> how the dividend compares to so-called yield stocks.
>>

> no one's mentioned the finnish tax liability for dividends

which are deducted from the US ones for a USA taxpayer.