PDA

View Full Version : Your natural gas bill


Lubow
March 28th 09, 04:20 PM
Nat gas has retreated to below $4 on the NY Merc/CME for May
delivery. In view of oil rising in recent weeks, I doubt that gas
will be this inexpensive for next winter and the winters to follow.

If you heat your home with NG, I suggest you inquire about a long term
contract (one or two years) with your supplier to keep your gas cost
at a constant rate. This has the possibility of being a once in a
lifetime opportunity.

catalpa
March 28th 09, 09:34 PM
"Lubow" > wrote in message
...
> Nat gas has retreated to below $4 on the NY Merc/CME for May
> delivery. In view of oil rising in recent weeks, I doubt that gas
> will be this inexpensive for next winter and the winters to follow.
>
> If you heat your home with NG, I suggest you inquire about a long term
> contract (one or two years) with your supplier to keep your gas cost
> at a constant rate. This has the possibility of being a once in a
> lifetime opportunity.
>

Doesn't matter where I live as I am served by PECO. PECO doesn't give a damn
what price they pay for natural gas because they are required to pass their
cost along straight to the customer.

April natural gas closed at $3.63 MCF. PECO charges me $8.80 MCF for the gas
and $4.10 MCF for delivery. That $8.80 MCF price is after the March 1st
price cut of $1.53 MCF. I'll be lucky if I ever see $6.00 MCF natural gas
from PECO.

Lubow
March 28th 09, 10:00 PM
On Mar 28, 5:34*pm, "catalpa" > wrote:
> "Lubow" > wrote in message
>
> ...
>
> > Nat gas has retreated to below $4 on the NY Merc/CME for May
> > delivery. *In view of oil rising in recent weeks, I doubt that gas
> > will be this inexpensive for next winter and the winters to follow.
>
> > If you heat your home with NG, I suggest you inquire about a long term
> > contract (one or two years) with your supplier to keep your gas cost
> > at a constant rate. *This has the possibility of being *a once in a
> > lifetime opportunity.
>
> Doesn't matter where I live as I am served by PECO. PECO doesn't give a damn
> what price they pay for natural gas because they are required to pass their
> cost along straight to the customer.
>
> April natural gas closed at $3.63 MCF. PECO charges me $8.80 MCF for the gas
> and $4.10 MCF for delivery. That $8.80 MCF price is after the March 1st
> price cut of $1.53 MCF. I'll be lucky if I ever see $6.00 MCF natural gas
> from PECO.

Is it correct the state does not permit the customers to select
alternative gas suppliers (as opposed to gas deliverers where PECO has
the legal monopoly)?

My gas utility, National Grid, formerly Brooklyn Union Gas, must
permit its customers to select alternative gas suppliers, if so
desired. I selected (for not particular reason) Gateway Energy which
gave me the option of getting billed at the prevailing price for the
month or at a fixed rate at 3% above the current rate for the next 12
months or 5% above the current rate for 24 months. I selected the 12
month fixed rate @ 1.04/therm.

That brilliant decision of mine has already paid off. The current
rate Gateway is charging is 1.08/therm

Since a therm is 1/10 of a MCF, I would say you're getting a great
deal compared to what we pay in the NY metro area. The disparity is
due to the liability issue. The population density here mandates high
insurance premiums and financial reserves for gas utilities and
suppliers. That's another of saying, we customers get hit once more.

March 28th 09, 11:36 PM
thank you lubow...will check this out...


"THE BLACK HAND" is the name of the international
terrorist group that is causing all the problems.

catalpa
March 29th 09, 12:52 AM
"Lubow" > wrote in message
...
On Mar 28, 5:34 pm, "catalpa" > wrote:
> "Lubow" > wrote in message
>
> ...
>
> > Nat gas has retreated to below $4 on the NY Merc/CME for May
> > delivery. In view of oil rising in recent weeks, I doubt that gas
> > will be this inexpensive for next winter and the winters to follow.
>
> > If you heat your home with NG, I suggest you inquire about a long term
> > contract (one or two years) with your supplier to keep your gas cost
> > at a constant rate. This has the possibility of being a once in a
> > lifetime opportunity.
>
> Doesn't matter where I live as I am served by PECO. PECO doesn't give a
> damn
> what price they pay for natural gas because they are required to pass
> their
> cost along straight to the customer.
>
> April natural gas closed at $3.63 MCF. PECO charges me $8.80 MCF for the
> gas
> and $4.10 MCF for delivery. That $8.80 MCF price is after the March 1st
> price cut of $1.53 MCF. I'll be lucky if I ever see $6.00 MCF natural gas
> from PECO.

Is it correct the state does not permit the customers to select
alternative gas suppliers (as opposed to gas deliverers where PECO has
the legal monopoly)?

My gas utility, National Grid, formerly Brooklyn Union Gas, must
permit its customers to select alternative gas suppliers, if so
desired. I selected (for not particular reason) Gateway Energy which
gave me the option of getting billed at the prevailing price for the
month or at a fixed rate at 3% above the current rate for the next 12
months or 5% above the current rate for 24 months. I selected the 12
month fixed rate @ 1.04/therm.

That brilliant decision of mine has already paid off. The current
rate Gateway is charging is 1.08/therm

Since a therm is 1/10 of a MCF, I would say you're getting a great
deal compared to what we pay in the NY metro area. The disparity is
due to the liability issue. The population density here mandates high
insurance premiums and financial reserves for gas utilities and
suppliers. That's another of saying, we customers get hit once more.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have competition in name only. The only competitive supplier to PECO
wants $11.91 MCF and then varies by month.

The electric competition in PA sucks also with all competitive suppliers
wanting more than PECO's jacked up rate.

NY metro rates are outrageous for electric and gas.

I guess I should move South and get cheap TVA energy rates.

bob wald
March 30th 09, 12:52 AM
ng is going to be the usa main power in around 3 yrs i think......
and i think heavy cars/trucks will use ng within 2yrs.
ng investments can only go up.as im heavly invested in ng companys.
txco n cpe looks great.
among others....my opinions.

bob wald
March 30th 09, 03:42 AM
i just read where ge is building pipelines across china for ng.
once this is finished i think ng prices will double at least...$$$$$$

catalpa
March 30th 09, 06:02 AM
"bob wald" > wrote in message
...
> i just read where ge is building pipelines across china for ng.
> once this is finished i think ng prices will double at least...$$$$$$
>

As pipeline is bringing in gas from a remote area of China to populated
areas it will lower gas prices not raise them.

"GE's Oil & Gas division has been active in China for more than 30 years. It
borrows technologies GE uses on aircraft engines and gas turbines. GE's
builds the turbocompressor equipment in Cincinnati and Florence, Italy, and
ships it to China.
The PetroChina pipeline moves natural gas from remote regions in
Northwestern China, near the Kazakhstan border, to Eastern parts of China
such as Shanghai."

bob wald
March 30th 09, 12:46 PM
it will take ALOT of ng off the market. as china increases use.i think
china will increase ng use also cause of the pipeline from thier ng use
now.

bob wald
March 30th 09, 12:48 PM
i also know china has ng contracts with iran already in place......and
that pipeline already built to iran.

ausound[_3_]
March 30th 09, 06:17 PM
(bob wald) wrote in news:22480-49D0B1A5-3577
@storefull-3311.bay.webtv.net:

> i also know china has ng contracts with iran already in place......and
> that pipeline already built to iran.
>
>

oooh...you know that!
wow!

just a minor glitch in your overall ignorance

3 new Liq. Nat. Gas terminal have been built and come on line in the past
year/18months

These are the first terminals to be built in North America in 25 years

Nat. Gas freighters are being built as fast as they can and more are being
commissioned.

This turns the nat gas commodity from for the most part a domestic product
to an importable global commodity

And one of the 3 new LNG terminals is just down the road a piece from where
you live

if ya call that livin

There's going to be a glut of Nat Gas
All That Saudi gas is comin to an LNG terminal near you

bob wald
March 30th 09, 07:39 PM
uumm i think these ng terminals are for shipping ng out from the
usa..lol
why would saudi send gas here...lol
the usa has more ng than it can use in 200yrs now.
canada has more gas than north america can use in over 200yrs.
plus the gulf of mexico.

ausound[_3_]
March 30th 09, 11:53 PM
(bob wald) wrote in news:[email protected]
3313.bay.webtv.net:

> uumm i think these ng terminals are for shipping ng out from the
> usa..lol
> why would saudi send gas here...lol
> the usa has more ng than it can use in 200yrs now.
> canada has more gas than north america can use in over 200yrs.
> plus the gulf of mexico.
>
>

you have supassed yourself in ignorance and stupidity

Lubow
March 31st 09, 02:08 AM
On Mar 30, 6:53*pm, ausound > wrote:
> (bob wald) wrote innews:[email protected]
> 3313.bay.webtv.net:
>
> > uumm i think these ng terminals are for shipping ng out from the
> > usa..lol
> > why would saudi send gas here...lol
> > the usa has more ng than it can use in 200yrs now.
> > canada has more gas than north america can use in over 200yrs.
> > plus the gulf of mexico.
>
> you have supassed yourself in ignorance and stupidity

Looks like someone got on your nerves, ausound!

I really expected an au-sound (newsgroup-speak for a clever punch
line) from ausound.

Blash
March 31st 09, 02:33 AM
Lubow wrote on 3/30/09 9:08 PM:

> On Mar 30, 6:53*pm, ausound > wrote:
>> (bob wald) wrote innews:[email protected]
>> 3313.bay.webtv.net:
>>
>>> uumm i think these ng terminals are for shipping ng out from the
>>> usa..lol
>>> why would saudi send gas here...lol
>>> the usa has more ng than it can use in 200yrs now.
>>> canada has more gas than north america can use in over 200yrs.
>>> plus the gulf of mexico.
>>
>> you have supassed yourself in ignorance and stupidity
>
> Looks like someone got on your nerves, ausound!
>
> I really expected an au-sound (newsgroup-speak for a clever punch
> line) from ausound.

'The trouble with many people is not that they're ignorant; it's just that
they know so much that isn't so.'

bob wald
March 31st 09, 05:40 AM
lol..no middleeast ng has ever reached north america n never will.FOR
ANY REASON.....lol
lol...thats funny.....

ausound[_3_]
March 31st 09, 06:07 AM
(bob wald) wrote in news:22480-49D19ED7-3801
@storefull-3311.bay.webtv.net:

> lol..no middleeast ng has ever reached north america n never will.FOR
> ANY REASON.....lol
> lol...thats funny.....
>
>

oh yeah, you're right what was I thinking?

buy a couple more million shares of GCOG

bob wald
March 31st 09, 07:52 AM
ive got 10mil shares n holding.....GCOG

catalpa
April 2nd 09, 12:07 AM
"bob wald" > wrote in message
...
> lol..no middleeast ng has ever reached north america n never will.FOR
> ANY REASON.....lol
> lol...thats funny.....
>

You are really clueless. We have been importing natural gas from Egypt for
years. Data is available at
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/ng/ng_move_impc_s1_m.htm

bob wald
April 2nd 09, 12:14 AM
AUCAF......any1 know of this. aussieoil.com

ausound[_3_]
April 2nd 09, 01:03 AM
(bob wald) wrote in news:[email protected]
3311.bay.webtv.net:

> AUCAF......any1 know of this. aussieoil.com
>
>

I know some numbnuts in Louisianna is losing his ass on it

bob wald
April 2nd 09, 01:59 AM
if you go to the website n look under kentucky propertys...youll see
aucaf has money like bees got honeyy.....lol