PDA

View Full Version : What a difference 10 years makes

Wizard of Ozz
July 11th 03, 03:58 AM
10 years ago you couldn't look up a chart of a stock unless you paid
money. Today you can analyze any way you want without leaving your
house, without paying anything. 10 years I would have to to buy a
newspaper to get quotes on important financial indicators. And I
wouldn't know how that financial indicator had been doing lately
unless I paid for it. Unless I traded for a living. The ease we have
today to obtain financial information. Not just indicators. Speeches
and editorials written by world-reknown economists. Just amazing. A
world of difference from 10 years ago. No comparison.

Robert McClelland
July 11th 03, 04:11 AM
Wizard of Ozz > wrote in message
om...
> 10 years ago you couldn't look up a chart of a stock unless you paid
> money. Today you can analyze any way you want without leaving your
> house, without paying anything. 10 years I would have to to buy a
> newspaper to get quotes on important financial indicators. And I
> wouldn't know how that financial indicator had been doing lately
> unless I paid for it. Unless I traded for a living. The ease we have
> today to obtain financial information. Not just indicators. Speeches
> and editorials written by world-reknown economists. Just amazing. A
> world of difference from 10 years ago. No comparison.

But investors are still as dumb as they ever were. So there is still some
comparison afterall.

Robert McClelland
July 11th 03, 04:11 AM
Wizard of Ozz > wrote in message
om...
> 10 years ago you couldn't look up a chart of a stock unless you paid
> money. Today you can analyze any way you want without leaving your
> house, without paying anything. 10 years I would have to to buy a
> newspaper to get quotes on important financial indicators. And I
> wouldn't know how that financial indicator had been doing lately
> unless I paid for it. Unless I traded for a living. The ease we have
> today to obtain financial information. Not just indicators. Speeches
> and editorials written by world-reknown economists. Just amazing. A
> world of difference from 10 years ago. No comparison.

But investors are still as dumb as they ever were. So there is still some
comparison afterall.

Sylvestre
July 11th 03, 06:31 PM
Very true. It's really made the market a different beast altogether.

"Wizard of Ozz" > wrote in message
om...
> 10 years ago you couldn't look up a chart of a stock unless you paid
> money. Today you can analyze any way you want without leaving your
> house, without paying anything. 10 years I would have to to buy a
> newspaper to get quotes on important financial indicators. And I
> wouldn't know how that financial indicator had been doing lately
> unless I paid for it. Unless I traded for a living. The ease we have
> today to obtain financial information. Not just indicators. Speeches
> and editorials written by world-reknown economists. Just amazing. A
> world of difference from 10 years ago. No comparison.

Sylvestre
July 11th 03, 06:31 PM
Very true. It's really made the market a different beast altogether.

"Wizard of Ozz" > wrote in message
om...
> 10 years ago you couldn't look up a chart of a stock unless you paid
> money. Today you can analyze any way you want without leaving your
> house, without paying anything. 10 years I would have to to buy a
> newspaper to get quotes on important financial indicators. And I
> wouldn't know how that financial indicator had been doing lately
> unless I paid for it. Unless I traded for a living. The ease we have
> today to obtain financial information. Not just indicators. Speeches
> and editorials written by world-reknown economists. Just amazing. A
> world of difference from 10 years ago. No comparison.

Shawn
July 28th 03, 04:40 AM
Does it mean that the market has become somewhat more efficient?