PDA

View Full Version : Re: Egg Card - Any Cons?

NC
July 16th 03, 10:40 AM
I dont know - I haven't read the terms (and dont intend to !)

"Philip Rayne" > wrote in message
> NC wrote:
> > What are the comparative rates for purchases and do you intend to make
> > additional credit card purchases in the next 6 months ?? Be aware that
> > payments to the egg card in the next 6 months will be taken off the
> > lowest interest portion first - ie the balance transfer and you will
> > continue to pay interest at the normal rate on purchases until the
> > transfer is paid off and you can start paying off the purchases.
> > If you do intend to continue spending (even if its only small), I
> > would keep both allowing you to use the barclaycard for purchases and
> > therefore pay them off without interest, and use the egg card only
> > for the balance transfer and dont spend on it.
> > You can then decide which to keep when you have paid off the egg card.
> >
> > "Philip Rayne" > wrote in message
> >> I have just applied for an Egg Card to make use of the 0% balance
> >> transfer. I fully intend to pay this off before January. I
> >> currently have a Barclaycard. My question is this - is there any
> >> reason why I should keep hold of my Barclaycard. I don't
> >> particularly want to own 2 credit cards so when I have paid off the
> >> Egg Card, which of the 2 am I better off keeping. I'm also not to
> >> clear which is the better deal either - Egg with its 0.5% cash back,
> >> or Barclaycard with its Nectar points.
> >>
> >> Also, any other pros or cons that people have come across would be
> >> very much appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
>
> I thought I had read the small print carefully. It seemed to say that it
> was 0% interested on new purchases also. Was I mis-reading?

Arfie
July 16th 03, 06:06 PM
Philip Rayne wrote:
> NC wrote:
>> What are the comparative rates for purchases and do you intend to
>> make additional credit card purchases in the next 6 months ?? Be
>> aware that payments to the egg card in the next 6 months will be
>> taken off the lowest interest portion first - ie the balance
>> transfer and you will continue to pay interest at the normal rate on
>> purchases until the transfer is paid off and you can start paying
>> off the purchases.
>> If you do intend to continue spending (even if its only small), I
>> would keep both allowing you to use the barclaycard for purchases and
>> therefore pay them off without interest, and use the egg card only
>> for the balance transfer and dont spend on it.
>> You can then decide which to keep when you have paid off the egg
>> card.
>>
>> "Philip Rayne" > wrote in message
>>> I have just applied for an Egg Card to make use of the 0% balance
>>> transfer. I fully intend to pay this off before January. I
>>> currently have a Barclaycard. My question is this - is there any
>>> reason why I should keep hold of my Barclaycard. I don't
>>> particularly want to own 2 credit cards so when I have paid off the
>>> Egg Card, which of the 2 am I better off keeping. I'm also not to
>>> clear which is the better deal either - Egg with its 0.5% cash back,
>>> or Barclaycard with its Nectar points.
>>>
>>> Also, any other pros or cons that people have come across would be
>>> very much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>
> I thought I had read the small print carefully. It seemed to say
> that it was 0% interested on new purchases also. Was I mis-reading?

My 6 months has just ended, it was 0% for balance transfers and purchases, I
would assume it still is.

If your nectar points are that valuable to you, spend on your Barclaycard
then transfer balance every month to Egg.

Arfie