PDA

View Full Version : Good Trader Snowdon Computers

Troy Steadman
July 18th 03, 04:25 PM
THE COMPANY
Starting in July 2001 with just £4,000 capital, Niel has built a
company with a quarter of a million pounds turnover in an industry
where margins are sparse and competition is intense, selling
ex-corporate computers in Ebay and elsewhere.

THE MISSION
The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.

A 15% DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESSES
By making the auction price VAT *inclusive*, far from reducing
margins, because the selling price determines margin in an auction,
the discount encourages bidding and *increases* the margin.

That's the advertising out of the way!

> To date I have been hitting a NET profit margin of at least 30%,
> probably nearer 35%, and with a new venture I am starting in
> June 2003 I expect that to increase markedly.

> my Ebay turnover last financial year was just shy of
> £187,000 with a NET profit margin of 17.8%

I am fascinated by the implications of this global market-place and
would be grateful is you would be foolish enough to answer these:

[1]What went wrong with the margin?
[2]What does "NET" mean - VAT? charges? packaging?
carriage? overheads?
[3]What about the new venture?

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 05:15 PM
NorwichLad > wrote in message

> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
>
> whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?

Who is Neil? And who is Troy Steadman?

---

NorwichLad
July 18th 03, 05:41 PM
"Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message

> NorwichLad > wrote in message
> >
> > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> > whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> > points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?
>
> Who is Neil?

the trader the first poster references

> And who is Troy Steadman?

your guess is as good as mine!

David Floyd
July 18th 03, 05:44 PM
In message of Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Stephen GoldenGun writes

>NorwichLad > wrote in message
>>
>> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
>> om...
>>
>> whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
>> points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?
>
>Who is Neil? And who is Troy Steadman?

And who the hell is Stephen GoldenGun, and what's got to do with him
anyway?

DF

Snowdon Computers
July 18th 03, 05:47 PM
"NorwichLad" > wrote in message

> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
>
> whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?

Nor do I! Who exactly is Troy Steadman and why has he felt the need to make
that post?
--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 05:48 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "NorwichLad" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> >
> > whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> > points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?
>

> Nor do I! Who exactly is Troy Steadman and why has he felt the need to
make
> that post?
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

It is really bizaar. Where did he get that private and personal information
about you?? IF you can answer that question, perhaps you can find out who he
is.

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 05:50 PM
David Floyd > wrote in message
> In message of Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Stephen GoldenGun writes
> >
> >NorwichLad > wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> >> om...
> >>
> >> whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> >> points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?
> >
> >Who is Neil? And who is Troy Steadman?
> >

> And who the hell is Stephen GoldenGun, and what's got to do with him
> anyway?
>
> DF

Who are you? And what business is it of yours what I post or who I post to
eh? If you hav'nt got anything relevant to say then why post.

---

Snowdon Computers
July 18th 03, 05:55 PM
"Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
om...
> [1]What went wrong with the margin?

Nothing, you picked up a post which was made in relation to the margin on
the corporate clearance side of the business rather than the business as a
whole. I have since concentrated more on higher end stock which costs more,
generates more £ profit per item but at lower margins.

> [2]What does "NET" mean - VAT? charges? packaging?
> carriage? overheads?

The NET profit figure quited was the NET profit from my P&L account for
2001/2 - profit declared to inland revenue, after all expenses, for
calculation of income tax.

> [3]What about the new venture?

Just gone full time with the business about a month ago and am 'launching'
that later this year/ early next.

By the way - do I know you? While I appreciate your intentions (I think) and
accept that what you posted is available at various places in the public
domain, it would have been nice if you'd have in some way contacted me
regarding this before collating it and making your findings public. :)

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Snowdon Computers
July 18th 03, 05:59 PM
"Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> It is really bizaar. Where did he get that private and personal
information
> about you?? IF you can answer that question, perhaps you can find out who
he
> is.

My Ebay 'About me' page and goggle newsgroup archives probably. Nothing out
of the ordinary that concerns me other than a complete stranger taking such
in interest. More of a surprise than anything else as I potter though my
daily business life. :)

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Alex Threlfall
July 18th 03, 06:03 PM
In article >,=20
says...
> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > [1]What went wrong with the margin?
>=20
> Nothing, you picked up a post which was made in relation to the margin on
> the corporate clearance side of the business rather than the business as =
> whole. I have since concentrated more on higher end stock which costs mor=
e,
> generates more =A3 profit per item but at lower margins.
>=20
> > [2]What does "NET" mean - VAT? charges? packaging?
> > carriage? overheads?
>=20
> The NET profit figure quited was the NET profit from my P&L account for
> 2001/2 - profit declared to inland revenue, after all expenses, for
> calculation of income tax.
>=20
> > [3]What about the new venture?
>=20
> Just gone full time with the business about a month ago and am 'launching=
'
> that later this year/ early next.
>=20
> By the way - do I know you? While I appreciate your intentions (I think) =
and
> accept that what you posted is available at various places in the public
> domain, it would have been nice if you'd have in some way contacted me
> regarding this before collating it and making your findings public. :)
>=20
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers
>=20
>=20
>=20
/me chuckles and wonders why niel isn't sending the boys arround for a=20
chat with Troy...
--=20
Alex Threlfall - Cyberprog New Media
Computer Hardware | Web Hosting | Software Development
www.cyberprog.com | www.cyberprog.net | www.cyberprog.co.uk

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 06:04 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > [1]What went wrong with the margin?
>
> Nothing, you picked up a post which was made in relation to the margin on
> the corporate clearance side of the business rather than the business as a
> whole. I have since concentrated more on higher end stock which costs
more,
> generates more £ profit per item but at lower margins.
>
> > [2]What does "NET" mean - VAT? charges? packaging?
> > carriage? overheads?
>
> The NET profit figure quited was the NET profit from my P&L account for
> 2001/2 - profit declared to inland revenue, after all expenses, for
> calculation of income tax.
>
> > [3]What about the new venture?
>
> Just gone full time with the business about a month ago and am 'launching'
> that later this year/ early next.
>
> By the way - do I know you? While I appreciate your intentions (I think)
and
> accept that what you posted is available at various places in the public
> domain, it would have been nice if you'd have in some way contacted me
> regarding this before collating it and making your findings public. :)
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

I thought it was quite a bizaar posting?

---

Snowdon Computers
July 18th 03, 06:20 PM
"Alex Threlfall" > wrote in message
>/me chuckles and wonders why niel isn't sending the boys arround for a
>chat with Troy...

Not enough information to get any idea of where he lives on UK Info Disc. :)

Like everyone else I would love to know his motivation in making that post
though.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 06:23 PM
NorwichLad > wrote in message

> "Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > NorwichLad > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > > om...
> > >
> > > whilst i think niel is a nice chap... i really dont see what the finer
> > > points of his business are doing on uk.legal ?
> >
> > Who is Neil?
>
> the trader the first poster references
>
> > And who is Troy Steadman?
>
> your guess is as good as mine!

Thanks Norwhich Lad, I see that Neil is the owner of Snowden Computers...

I have asked Troy Steadman why he posted...I am just interested to know the
reason as he could have asked those questions without referring to neils
private data..

But maybe he posted it just so it could illustrate his questions.

Or maybe he's wanting to set up an ebay shop himself? I was just fascinated
to know why.

---

Alan Terry
July 18th 03, 06:28 PM
In article >, David Floyd
> writes

>And who the hell is Stephen GoldenGun,

Too many of us know the answer to that one :o)

>and what's got to do with him
>anyway?

Don't ask - you will never find out, even from him.

:o)

--
Alan ............

Alan Terry
July 18th 03, 06:30 PM
In article >, Stephen GoldenGun
> writes

> I am just curious

That's progress - understanding a problem is half way to solving it!

:o)

--
Alan ............

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 06:39 PM
Alan Terry > wrote in message
> In article >, David Floyd
> > writes
>
> >And who the hell is Stephen GoldenGun,
>
> Too many of us know the answer to that one :o)
>
> >and what's got to do with him
> >anyway?
>
> Don't ask - you will never find out, even from him.
>
> :o)

Hi Terry,

Have you noticed that alot of people on this site post under different
names? You can tell from the syntax, from the ip number their computers use,
its strange why people don't stick to one name.

> --
> Alan ............

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 06:40 PM
Alan Terry > wrote in message
> In article >, Stephen GoldenGun
> > writes
>
> > I am just curious
>
> That's progress - understanding a problem is half way to solving it!
>
> :o)
>
> --
> Alan ............

Well we hav'nt got a problem here, but it is a conundrum, it is an
unexplained mystery we are trying to get to the bottom of.. Can you help
explain why Mr. Troy posted this info?

---

Jon Dunn
July 18th 03, 07:52 PM
"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message

> My Ebay 'About me' page and goggle newsgroup archives probably. Nothing
out
> of the ordinary that concerns me other than a complete stranger taking
such
> in interest. More of a surprise than anything else as I potter though my
> daily business life. :)
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

Neil, I suspect Mr Steadman is just impressed at your eBay success as
outlined in previous posts (as we all are) and is hoping to emulate you. You
clearly have become a business role model in the manner of James Dyson; next
you'll no doubt be moving your entire operation to Taiwan.

JD

Stephen GoldenGun
July 18th 03, 07:53 PM
Jon Dunn > wrote in message
> "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
>
> > My Ebay 'About me' page and goggle newsgroup archives probably. Nothing
> out
> > of the ordinary that concerns me other than a complete stranger taking
> such
> > in interest. More of a surprise than anything else as I potter though my
> > daily business life. :)
> >
> > --
> > Best Regards
> > Niel Humphreys
> > Snowdon Computers
>
> Neil, I suspect Mr Steadman is just impressed at your eBay success as
> outlined in previous posts (as we all are) and is hoping to emulate you.
You
> clearly have become a business role model in the manner of James Dyson;
next
> you'll no doubt be moving your entire operation to Taiwan.
>
> JD

Yah, maybe its as innocent as that! but i am surprised that even that
information was public in the first place.

---

Snowdon Computers
July 18th 03, 08:10 PM
"Jon Dunn" > wrote in message
> "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
>
> > My Ebay 'About me' page and goggle newsgroup archives probably. Nothing
> out
> > of the ordinary that concerns me other than a complete stranger taking
> such
> > in interest. More of a surprise than anything else as I potter though my
> > daily business life. :)
>
> Neil, I suspect Mr Steadman is just impressed at your eBay success as
> outlined in previous posts (as we all are) and is hoping to emulate you.
You
> clearly have become a business role model in the manner of James Dyson;
next
> you'll no doubt be moving your entire operation to Taiwan.

lol, do I detect a gentle hint of sarcasm.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Dave
July 18th 03, 09:47 PM
"Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message

> Alan Terry > wrote in message
> > In article >, Stephen GoldenGun
> > > writes
> >
> > > I am just curious
> >
> > That's progress - understanding a problem is half way to solving it!
> >
> > :o)
> >
> > --
> > Alan ............
>
> Well we hav'nt got a problem here, but it is a conundrum, it is an
> unexplained mystery we are trying to get to the bottom of.. Can you help
> explain why Mr. Troy posted this info?

I know what you mean Stephen. It certainly is one to pause for thought on.
I really is a conundrum isn't it?! ;) It's so facinating I can see how you
have worked yourself up so much. Damn, I wont sleep a wink tonight. Oh
Troy, how could you do this to us?! You are wicked, man.

Peter Saxton
July 19th 03, 12:00 AM
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:34:35 +0100, "Stephen GoldenGun"
> wrote:

>Dave > wrote in message ...

>> > Well we hav'nt got a problem here, but it is a conundrum, it is an
>> > unexplained mystery we are trying to get to the bottom of.. Can you help
>> > explain why Mr. Troy posted this info?
>> > >

>> I know what you mean Stephen. It certainly is one to pause for thought
>on.
>> I really is a conundrum isn't it?! ;) It's so facinating I can see how
>you
>> have worked yourself up so much. Damn, I wont sleep a wink tonight. Oh
>> Troy, how could you do this to us?! You are wicked, man.
>#
>

>Ah well we have got to the bottom of it. I see your interested in it also as
>you've posted :)

What is the bottom of it if you've got there?

Peter Saxton from London

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 12:04 AM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:39:25 +0100, "Stephen GoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Alan Terry > wrote in message
> >> In article >, David Floyd

> >> Too many of us know the answer to that one :o)

> >> Don't ask - you will never find out, even from him.
> >>
> >> :o)
> >
> >Hi Terry,
> >
> >Have you noticed that alot of people on this site post under different
> >names? You can tell from the syntax, from the ip number their computers
use,
> >its strange why people don't stick to one name.
> >>
> Yes it is, Mowgli, Stephen Golden Gun, Stephen Tanner, or whoever you
> are today.

Wrong as per usual peter <g> I think you have a fascination with me and my
intellect..Do you feel intellectually inferior, is that why you are allways
barking and yapping at my "internet heels" so to speak. LOL..
LOL...anyway... Mowgli...was a nick....then my first name is stephen...so
that is not really a nick, but Golden Gun is also a nick..the fact is they
are all nicks...and....the identifying feature is my email address:
Surely even you realised that..yah?
otherwise how could you tell they where all me..it is no big secret..eh?>
> Peter Saxton from London

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 12:10 AM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:34:35 +0100, "Stephen GoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Dave > wrote in message

> >> I know what you mean Stephen. It certainly is one to pause for thought
> >on.
> >> I really is a conundrum isn't it?! ;) It's so facinating I can see how
> >you
> >> have worked yourself up so much. Damn, I wont sleep a wink tonight.
Oh
> >> Troy, how could you do this to us?! You are wicked, man.
> >#
> >

> >Ah well we have got to the bottom of it. I see your interested in it also
as
> >you've posted :)
> >>
> What is the bottom of it if you've got there?
>

> Peter Saxton from London

Ok...well, if your really really serious...the fact is, that troy took the
info and just highlighted and illustrated that so that he could ask his
questions concerning that point! That is the only reason he posted it! So
the mystery was sold. However, he has now shot to fame as his posting caused
quite a stir..

---

Snowdon Computers
July 19th 03, 04:03 PM
"Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
om...
> (Troy Steadman) wrote in message
> >
> > I am fascinated by the implications of this global market-place and
> > would be grateful is you would be foolish enough to answer these:
>
> No offence intended, nothing has been posted which is not already in
> the public domain, put there by the company itself.
>
> http://www.link removed
>
> Bids close tomorrow!

While I appreciate your good intentions, please don't advertise my auctions
in incorrect newsgroups. I (and presumably you) have no desire to be
labelles a spammer.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

tHatDudeUK
July 19th 03, 04:43 PM
"Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
om...
> THE MISSION
> The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.

Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!

Snowdon Computers
July 19th 03, 04:43 PM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message

> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > THE MISSION
> > The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> > buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
>
> Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!

No because everything I sell is by auction and also not brand new.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 08:06 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (Troy Steadman) wrote in message
> > >
> > > I am fascinated by the implications of this global market-place and
> > > would be grateful is you would be foolish enough to answer these:
> >
> > No offence intended, nothing has been posted which is not already in
> > the public domain, put there by the company itself.
> >
> > http://www.link removed
> >
> > Bids close tomorrow!
>
> While I appreciate your good intentions, please don't advertise my
auctions
> in incorrect newsgroups. I (and presumably you) have no desire to be
> labelles a spammer.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

Ohh thats a really good point Niel..I had overlooked that side of the
equation.

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 08:07 PM
tHatDudeUK > wrote in message

> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > THE MISSION
> > The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> > buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
>
> Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!

Hey there is no need to say things like that. Read the response that they
have.You can see from the feedback they get from their clients.>

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 08:08 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > THE MISSION
> > > The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> > > buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
> >
> > Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!
>

> No because everything I sell is by auction and also not brand new.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

It is better to prepare people for the worst, although I am sure you test
everything to make sure it works though right?

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Jeep Beep > wrote in message
> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (Troy Steadman) wrote in message
> > >
> > > I am fascinated by the implications of this global market-place and
> > > would be grateful is you would be foolish enough to answer these:
> >
> > No offence intended, nothing has been posted which is not already in
> > the public domain, put there by the company itself.
> >
> > http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/snowdoncomputers
> >
> > Bids close tomorrow!
>
> Maybe I'm a cynic, but the original post had SPAM written all over it
(which
> I only read because I know Snowdon is a nice chap and wouldn't have posted
> it himself) and the second one is also blatant marketing.
> I suspect Troy is a jealous competitor trying to get Snowdon a bad name,
or
> he knows the IR monitors this newsgroup and feel's he should be
> investigated?
>
> Good Luck Snowdon Computers!
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

Interesting point you made, don't you think that their is one aspect about
the net that brings out the most peculiar behavior in people...this is due
to the ability to post or communicate with complete anonymity.

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 08:21 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > It is better to prepare people for the worst, although I am sure you
test
> > everything to make sure it works though right?
>

> Of course, everything I sell is fully and correctly described to the best
of
> my knowledge and reasons for inability to test given.
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

Niel, is there also not some kind of legal reason you have to say that?

---

Snowdon Computers
July 19th 03, 08:23 PM
"Jeep Beep" > wrote in message
> "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > (Troy Steadman) wrote in message
> > >
> > > I am fascinated by the implications of this global market-place and
> > > would be grateful is you would be foolish enough to answer these:
> >
> > No offence intended, nothing has been posted which is not already in
> > the public domain, put there by the company itself.
> >
> > http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/snowdoncomputers
> >
> > Bids close tomorrow!
>
> Maybe I'm a cynic, but the original post had SPAM written all over it
(which
> I only read because I know Snowdon is a nice chap and wouldn't have posted
> it himself) and the second one is also blatant marketing.
> I suspect Troy is a jealous competitor trying to get Snowdon a bad name,
or
> he knows the IR monitors this newsgroup and feel's he should be
> investigated?
>
> Good Luck Snowdon Computers!

Thanks Jan, I had already addressed the spam issue - I hope. :)

You do raise an interesting point regarding disgruntled competitor. I buy a
fair bit of equipment from an online trade-only auction site and there is
another buyer on that site with whom I have been in quite a few 'bid wars'
lately. His user ID there is 'troy', never put the two together before, I
wonder.....

No worries about the IR though, fortunately my old man instilled a high
degree of honesty in my from an early age and he's always been self
employed. One of his golden bits of advise is to never give the IR or C&E
reason to 'investigate' you by doing anything slightly dodgy so my books are
disgustingly straight. :)

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Snowdon Computers
July 19th 03, 08:28 PM
"Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message

> Niel, is there also not some kind of legal reason you have to say that?

Possibly but many sellers on Ebay sell broken ****e as 'untested' so I am as
forthcoming as possible to assure my customers that in my case some stuff is
genuinly untested. As I do not ask my customers to pay what they pay it is
they who are making the offer to buy at the price they bid based on the
description and terms of the sale set out in the item description. An offer
they know up front that will be accepted whatever the value is upon auction
close.

I think the DSR applies only to brand new goods. IANAL etc, but again we are
talking auctions here, NOT direct sales.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Stephen GoldenGun
July 19th 03, 09:46 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >

> > Niel, is there also not some kind of legal reason you have to say that?
>

> Possibly but many sellers on Ebay sell broken ****e as 'untested' so I am
as
> forthcoming as possible to assure my customers that in my case some stuff
is
> genuinly untested. As I do not ask my customers to pay what they pay it is
> they who are making the offer to buy at the price they bid based on the
> description and terms of the sale set out in the item description. An
offer
> they know up front that will be accepted whatever the value is upon
auction
> close.
>
> I think the DSR applies only to brand new goods. IANAL etc, but again we
are
> talking auctions here, NOT direct sales.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

Yes I have seen different businesses, there are thousands of people selling
thousands of items ranging from second hand items to new, so I've seen
similar postings or similar "conditions as yours".

---

Troy Steadman
July 20th 03, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the nice things you have been saying about me! On Friday
****ed, on Saturday busy, the posts on those days reflect the fact
that I have not had time to think about this.

Niel: Nothing out of the ordinary that concerns me other than a
complete stranger taking such in interest. More of a surprise than
anything else as I potter though my daily business life. :)

Complete stranger I may be but you might recall the following
conversation on the 14th July 2003.

Troy: I must say I find it extraordinary that [Graeme] has managed to
achieve that level of turnover on E-bay, what an opportunity E-bay is
offering to the entrepreneur! Hope he tells us what he is selling but
I'd advise him not to.

Niel: I can beat that, my Ebay turnover last financial year was just
shy of £187,000 with a NET profit margin of 17.8%

That is a red rag to a bull and if other people don't find it
interesting I do. If only I knew what "NET" means I could work your
gross margin and as Troy the bidder outbid you and nick your business.

Niel: The NET profit figure quoted was the NET profit from my P&L
account for 2001/2 - profit declared to inland revenue, after all
expenses, for calculation of income tax.

Your business is precious, while you were at UOW(B) it was netting you
£2,750 a month! I see cards attached to lampposts saying "Earn £700 a
week part time" and I know they are bxllshxt, but you were doing it
and you are crazy to risk it by releasing commercially sensitive info
like this.

Niel: No worries about the IR though, fortunately my old man instilled
a high degree of honesty in my from an early age and he's always been
self employed. One of his golden bits of advise is to never give the
IR or C&E reason to 'investigate' you by doing anything slightly dodgy
so my books are disgustingly straight. :)

Honesty isn't enough. Some things come free in our lives, have you
accounted for VAT properly on them? Are you sure?

THERE IS A SOLUTION
You have many friends. Set up Google's Automatic Deletion Tool with
the password "123456", or I will do it for you, and lets start
removing this millstone from around your neck.

TMNTM(V)

Troy Steadman
July 20th 03, 12:22 PM
"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message

> What was concerning me about this whole thing was that
> you (a relative stranger) seemed to be going to a fair bit of trouble
> collating information about my business from various sources on the net and
> posting them here. I was curious about your motivation for doing so but if
> it is as you say, genuine 'fascination' then fair enough.

So because I am Good Ol' Troy you aren't concerned, suppose I was
Padraig or MW whose posting with your home address is still there or
auction-house Troy, would you be concerned then?

"Yep I would be concerned"
Then do something to stop it.

"No I would not be concerned"
See above: "What was concerning me about this whole thing was..."

Typical Man U supporter!

Peter Parry
July 20th 03, 12:35 PM
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:28:19 +0100, "Snowdon Computers"
> wrote:

>I think the DSR applies only to brand new goods. IANAL etc, but again we are
>talking auctions here, NOT direct sales.

Ebay isn't an auction and all UK to UK sales there are covered by the
Sales of Goods Act and DSR's (if appropriate). The DSR's do apply to
second hand goods sold by way of trade.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

Snowdon Computers
July 20th 03, 01:08 PM
"Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...
> "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
>

> > What was concerning me about this whole thing was that
> > you (a relative stranger) seemed to be going to a fair bit of trouble
> > collating information about my business from various sources on the net
and
> > posting them here. I was curious about your motivation for doing so but
if
> > it is as you say, genuine 'fascination' then fair enough.
>
> So because I am Good Ol' Troy you aren't concerned, suppose I was
> Padraig or MW whose posting with your home address is still there or
> auction-house Troy, would you be concerned then?
>
> "Yep I would be concerned"
> Then do something to stop it.
>
> "No I would not be concerned"
> See above: "What was concerning me about this whole thing was..."
>
> Typical Man U supporter!

Why are you so interested in me and my business (and seemingly my personal
affairs now)? Some of the stuff you are referring to is from over a year ago
which indicates you have been doing a fair bit of reading up on me on
Google.

Why do you feel that I need help and advise from you and others in this
group? (You earlier asked someone called Peter to advise me although I did
not request help in finding people to advise me)

Your 'fascination' is beginning to almost look like obsession. Please stop

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Troy Steadman
July 20th 03, 03:28 PM
"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message

> Why do you feel that I need help and advise from you and others in this
> group? (You earlier asked someone called Peter to advise me although I did
> not request help in finding people to advise me)
>
> Your 'fascination' is beginning to almost look like obsession. Please stop
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

And another thing, next time you are delivering computers to MrCheerful
in Essex please tell him from me I am not up-tight, and it makes me very
angry when people say I am, and would rather live in the shadow of the
SavaCentre with Peter [Saxton ibid] than in bloody Peterborough where
MrCheerful tries to put me!

I am not obsessed, have not 'trawled the net' only Google, don't care
because it is none of my business, have a nice day Niel, the end.

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 03:48 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:28:14 +0000 (UTC), "Troy Steadman"
> wrote:

>"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message

>> Why do you feel that I need help and advise from you and others in this
>> group? (You earlier asked someone called Peter to advise me although I did
>> not request help in finding people to advise me)
>>
>> Your 'fascination' is beginning to almost look like obsession. Please stop
>>
>> --
>> Best Regards
>> Niel Humphreys
>> Snowdon Computers
>
>And another thing, next time you are delivering computers to MrCheerful
>in Essex please tell him from me I am not up-tight, and it makes me very
>angry when people say I am, and would rather live in the shadow of the
>SavaCentre with Peter [Saxton ibid] than in bloody Peterborough where
>MrCheerful tries to put me!

I know I painted rather an idyllic picture but it didn't mean I wanted
everyone to come and live with me!

Peter Saxton from London

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 03:50 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:38:09 +0000 (UTC), "Troy Steadman"
> wrote:

>"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message

>> Next month I am incorporating and as such my basic accounts
>> will have to be filed with Companies House for all to see, if
>> they wish to, anyway.
>
>On a sunny Sunday I wish I was where you are Niel, in the shadow of
>Snowdon, but at least I can be grateful I am not where Peter is, in
>the shadow of SavaCentre!
>
>If Niel were your client Peter how would you advise him?

From the information on this thread he doesn't have to file a profit
and loss account so he won't be giving too much information away.

Peter Saxton from London

Jonathan Bryce
July 20th 03, 04:43 PM
Stephen GoldenGun wrote:

> Wrong as per usual peter <g> I think you have a fascination with me and my
> intellect..Do you feel intellectually inferior, is that why you are
> allways[sic] barking and yapping at my "internet heels" so to speak. LOL..

Well at least he isn't running your amazing special offer on the word
"always"

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 04:46 PM
Troy Steadman > wrote in message
om...
> Thanks for the nice things you have been saying about me! On Friday
> ****ed, on Saturday busy, the posts on those days reflect the fact
> that I have not had time to think about this.
>
> Niel: Nothing out of the ordinary that concerns me other than a
> complete stranger taking such in interest. More of a surprise than
> anything else as I potter though my daily business life. :)
>
> Complete stranger I may be but you might recall the following
> conversation on the 14th July 2003.
>
> Troy: I must say I find it extraordinary that [Graeme] has managed to
> achieve that level of turnover on E-bay, what an opportunity E-bay is
> offering to the entrepreneur! Hope he tells us what he is selling but
> I'd advise him not to.
>
> Niel: I can beat that, my Ebay turnover last financial year was just
> shy of £187,000 with a NET profit margin of 17.8%
>
> That is a red rag to a bull and if other people don't find it
> interesting I do. If only I knew what "NET" means I could work your
> gross margin and as Troy the bidder outbid you and nick your business.
>
> Niel: The NET profit figure quoted was the NET profit from my P&L
> account for 2001/2 - profit declared to inland revenue, after all
> expenses, for calculation of income tax.
>
> Your business is precious, while you were at UOW(B) it was netting you
> £2,750 a month! I see cards attached to lampposts saying "Earn £700 a
> week part time" and I know they are bxllshxt, but you were doing it
> and you are crazy to risk it by releasing commercially sensitive info
> like this.
>
> Niel: No worries about the IR though, fortunately my old man instilled
> a high degree of honesty in my from an early age and he's always been
> self employed. One of his golden bits of advise is to never give the
> IR or C&E reason to 'investigate' you by doing anything slightly dodgy
> so my books are disgustingly straight. :)
>
> Honesty isn't enough. Some things come free in our lives, have you
> accounted for VAT properly on them? Are you sure?
>
> THERE IS A SOLUTION
> You have many friends. Set up Google's Automatic Deletion Tool with
> the password "123456", or I will do it for you, and lets start
> removing this millstone from around your neck.
>
> TMNTM(V)

What is a "sava center"?

---

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 04:56 PM
Jonathan Bryce > wrote in message
> Stephen GoldenGun wrote:
>
> > Wrong as per usual peter <g> I think you have a fascination with me and
my
> > intellect..Do you feel intellectually inferior, is that why you are
> > allways[sic] barking and yapping at my "internet heels" so to speak.
LOL..

> Well at least he isn't running your amazing special offer on the word
> "always"

Its just my sense of humour, he does'nt take it personally...as I'm sure
nobody else does, nothing I say is meant to be taken in offense..I hope its
taken in the spirit its meant. What is wrong with the word always? You must
be talking about my atrocius spelling...."geniuses can't be good at
everything" (tongue in cheek)

---

Jonathan Bryce
July 20th 03, 05:02 PM
StephenGoldenGun wrote:

> What is wrong with the word always? You
> must be talking about my atrocius spelling....

I don't have a problem with "always".

Allways[sic] is a different matter.

> "geniuses can't be good at
> everything" (tongue in cheek)

But they have to be good at something

nog
July 20th 03, 05:19 PM
In article >,
says...

> THERE IS A SOLUTION

But is there a solution to your unintelligible quoting practice?

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 05:57 PM
MrCheerful > wrote in message
> Troy Steadman wrote:
> > "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
> >

> >> Why do you feel that I need help and advise from you and others in
> >> this group? (You earlier asked someone called Peter to advise me
> >> although I did not request help in finding people to advise me)
> >>
> >> Your 'fascination' is beginning to almost look like obsession.
> >> Please stop
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best Regards
> >> Niel Humphreys
> >> Snowdon Computers
> >
> > And another thing, next time you are delivering computers to
> > MrCheerful in Essex please tell him from me I am not up-tight, and
> it
> > makes me very angry when people say I am, and would rather live in
> > the shadow of the SavaCentre with Peter [Saxton ibid] than in bloody
> > Peterborough where MrCheerful tries to put me!
> >
> > I am not obsessed, have not 'trawled the net' only Google, don't
> care
> > because it is none of my business, have a nice day Niel, the end.
>
> This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?
>
> I am sure Niel wouldn't remember the couple of old computers I bought
> from him, and I wouldn't expect him to, I only mention that to justify
> my worthiness to say that he seems a good trader to me.
>
> Best wishes from Essex
>
> MrCheerful

Neil, you have a satisfied poster posting on your behalf! Thats not bad is
it, when out of the blue you get clients singing your praises eh?

---

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 05:58 PM
nog > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>
> > THERE IS A SOLUTION
>
> But is there a solution to your unintelligible quoting practice?

Troy, this and the finance forum are "dog eat dog"...if you don't fit in,
you'll be minced up and devoured.

---

Snowdon Computers
July 20th 03, 06:27 PM
"StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in message

> Troy Steadman > wrote in message
> news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...
> > "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
> >

> What is this whole thing all about? Do you two know each other? Are you
> business rivals or something, I am beginning to sense some kind of
> animosity. I hope this is not the case.

Never had dealings with Troy or even been in contact with him as far as I
know before this. I wish I knew what exactly is going on but a few of us
have been pondering and have concluded the following:

I actively buy from a trade only, web based auction. Recently another
customer who bids under the ID 'troy' has been bidding on the same stuff I
go for and we have competitively bid against each other on a number of
occasions. Now we think that the Troy who is the OP of this thread has done
some research and posted all this financial information to these groups with
the intention/hope of it being picked up by the IR or C&E. I lean towards
the latter as he has made quite a few references to whether I account for
VAT correctly. We assume the intention is some sort of industrial espionage
which would have the result of me ceasing to trade and therefore no longer
bidding against him.

Unfortunately my accounts are straight down the line and correct so I fear
nothing from any investigation aside from the inconvenience. I noticed as
this became clear Troy's attitude from the original post seeming to praise
my business to, more recently, a slightly malicious or nasty tone which we
think is Troy showing his true colours as his attempt to 'drop me in it' has
failed miserably.

Of course this is all supposition and I could be just paranoid but the
pattern most definitely fits. Unfortunately I can not confirm the identity
of the Troy who uses the trade auction due to data protection rules and
although I am on extremely good terms with the management there I would not
put them in the awkward position by asking them.

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

kaos_theory
July 20th 03, 06:47 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message

> Never had dealings with Troy or even been in contact with him as far as I
> know before this. I wish I knew what exactly is going on but a few of us
> have been pondering and have concluded the following:

Having been intrigued by this thread as it's developed I think that you'd be
well advised to KF Troy & ignore any more of his postings.

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 06:57 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > Troy Steadman > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...
> > > "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
> > >

> > What is this whole thing all about? Do you two know each other? Are you
> > business rivals or something, I am beginning to sense some kind of
> > animosity. I hope this is not the case.
>

> Never had dealings with Troy or even been in contact with him as far as I
> know before this. I wish I knew what exactly is going on but a few of us
> have been pondering and have concluded the following:
>
> I actively buy from a trade only, web based auction. Recently another
> customer who bids under the ID 'troy' has been bidding on the same stuff I
> go for and we have competitively bid against each other on a number of
> occasions. Now we think that the Troy who is the OP of this thread has
done
> some research and posted all this financial information to these groups
with
> the intention/hope of it being picked up by the IR or C&E. I lean towards
> the latter as he has made quite a few references to whether I account for
> VAT correctly. We assume the intention is some sort of industrial
espionage
> which would have the result of me ceasing to trade and therefore no longer
> bidding against him.
>
> Unfortunately my accounts are straight down the line and correct so I fear
> nothing from any investigation aside from the inconvenience. I noticed as
> this became clear Troy's attitude from the original post seeming to praise
> my business to, more recently, a slightly malicious or nasty tone which we
> think is Troy showing his true colours as his attempt to 'drop me in it'
has
> failed miserably.
>
> Of course this is all supposition and I could be just paranoid but the
> pattern most definitely fits. Unfortunately I can not confirm the identity
> of the Troy who uses the trade auction due to data protection rules and
> although I am on extremely good terms with the management there I would
not
> put them in the awkward position by asking them.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

HI Neil,

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I think at the end of the day,
anybody who wants to independantly verify a business especially if they use
the internet and ebay can easily go onto the references from your clients.

The problem with the internet Niel, is that the internet is so easy to be
anonymous, and this makes people become paranoid for good reason, anybody
can say anythign without fear of people knowing who they are. This makes it
easy for 1/ pranksters. 2/ Disgruntled clients. 3/ Competitors to say or
write negative things.

I think most people will just read and think it is "rather strange"..but
perhaps it is just innocent, if you look at troys postings on google, you
will see he's a long history of posting, he is not a newcommer to the
internet, and has been posting on newsnet for a numer of months.

Anyhow, it is a bit of a mystery. As you can see, the "interest" generated
has been quite large, however, I feel the "interest" is due to the "mystery"
part of it, the "conundrum" rather than the content, if you take my point.

---

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 07:01 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > THE MISSION
> > > The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> > > buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
> >
> > Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!
>

> No because everything I sell is by auction and also not brand new.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

The two main articles in law that relate to the selling of goods are the
"sale of goods act" and "consumer credit act" one concerns how you advertise
an describe what your selling and your legal statutory rights under this
act, and the second concerns itself with people who buy your products on
their credit cards. Basically meaning that if someone bought something on a
uk credit card and there is a problem with the supplier, the "credit card
company" can be sued.....and held responsible...believe it or not.

So if you bought a falty computer but you paid with your barclaycard. Then
Barclaycard can be held responsible, and can be sued for you loosing your
money on a faulty computer.

Anybody know any further details on consumer legislation?

---

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 08:23 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:47:08 +0000 (UTC), "kaos_theory"
> wrote:

>Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
>>
>> Never had dealings with Troy or even been in contact with him as far as I
>> know before this. I wish I knew what exactly is going on but a few of us
>> have been pondering and have concluded the following:
>>
>Having been intrigued by this thread as it's developed I think that you'd be
>well advised to KF Troy & ignore any more of his postings.

I think Neil wants to know what is being written about him though.

Peter Saxton from London

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 08:24 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:46:14 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> wrote:

>What is a "sava center"?

Sainsbury's trade under that name. They are big warehouse size
supermarkets and there is one near me.

Peter Saxton from London

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 08:26 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:58:05 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> wrote:

>nog > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> says...
>>
>> > THERE IS A SOLUTION
>>
>> But is there a solution to your unintelligible quoting practice?
>
>Troy, this and the finance forum are "dog eat dog"...if you don't fit in,
>you'll be minced up and devoured.

I think the phrase is "idiot ridiculed".

Peter Saxton from London

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 09:38 PM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 16:56:35 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Jonathan Bryce > wrote in
message

> >my
> >LOL..
> >>
> >> Well at least he isn't running your amazing special offer on the word
> >> "always"
> >
> >Its just my sense of humour, he does'nt take it personally...as I'm sure
> >nobody else does, nothing I say is meant to be taken in offense..I hope
its
> >taken in the spirit its meant. What is wrong with the word always? You
must
> >be talking about my atrocius spelling...."geniuses can't be good at
> >everything" (tongue in cheek)
> >
> I'm sure people don't get upset by your sense of humour at all. But
> you should try to widen it's subject matter and not always (?) base it
> on your stupidity and incompetence.

I'll bear that in mind.

> If you are prone to typo's and spelling oddities then take the time to
> use a spell checker.
>

> Peter Saxton from London

---

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 09:57 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:43:22 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> wrote:

>Santiago Zawojski > wrote in
>message 38...
>> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> > The problem with the internet Niel, is that the internet is so easy to
>> > be anonymous,
>>
>> It is a bit tricky to be anonymous. Everyone posting on this thread so
>far
>> could be traced by, for example, the police (if they had good reason),
>> without much trouble.
>
>That is not true at all. How can you trace someone who is using an internet
>cafe in the heart of mumbai, where the users are using multiple proxy
>servers in different countries? It is impossible to trace..absolutely
>impossible, I mean this is standard practice to use this method of
>communications.
>Or using the vast number of offices that offer temporary computer
>fascilities. They can use them on an anonymous basis.
>If people are using the internet for criminal or illegal purposes I would
>assume they would not be so foolish as to use a home based p.c. on a
>landline.
>Not to mention p.c. access from anonymous mobile phones, using pay per
>minute internet access, there again it is only getting tied to a registered
>land line, or being registered by your credit card to a isp provider that
>renders you traceable.
>Any access to a computer where the user cannot be traced such as anonymous
>office, anonymous cyber cafe in third world countries or any cyber cafe
>where they do not have "cameras monitoring the computers" renders the user
>completely and totaly anonymous.

I'm sure laws will be brought in to make camera monitoring in cyber
cafes compulsory.

Presently outside CCTV can be used if available.

Peter Saxton from London

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 10:00 PM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:43:22 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Santiago Zawojski > wrote
in
> >message 38...
> >> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
> >> :

> >> It is a bit tricky to be anonymous. Everyone posting on this thread so
> >far
> >> could be traced by, for example, the police (if they had good reason),
> >> without much trouble.
> >
> >That is not true at all. How can you trace someone who is using an
internet
> >cafe in the heart of mumbai, where the users are using multiple proxy
> >servers in different countries? It is impossible to trace..absolutely
> >impossible, I mean this is standard practice to use this method of
> >communications.
> >Or using the vast number of offices that offer temporary computer
> >fascilities. They can use them on an anonymous basis.
> >If people are using the internet for criminal or illegal purposes I would
> >assume they would not be so foolish as to use a home based p.c. on a
> >landline.
> >Not to mention p.c. access from anonymous mobile phones, using pay per
> >minute internet access, there again it is only getting tied to a
registered
> >land line, or being registered by your credit card to a isp provider that
> >renders you traceable.
> >Any access to a computer where the user cannot be traced such as
anonymous
> >office, anonymous cyber cafe in third world countries or any cyber cafe
> >where they do not have "cameras monitoring the computers" renders the
user
> >completely and totaly anonymous.
> >
> I'm sure laws will be brought in to make camera monitoring in cyber
> cafes compulsory.
>
> Presently outside CCTV can be used if available.

I am talking exclusively about cyber cafes where their is no monitoring and
further more offices which can be used on an adlib and anonymous basis, in
third world countries and in other countries no such law will be enforced
let alone be introduced. In the UK there is not even any draft proposals to
bring in such a law that I am aware of.

> Peter Saxton from London

---

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 10:08 PM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:43:22 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Santiago Zawojski > wrote
in
> >message 38...
> >> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
> >> :
snip.> >
> I'm sure laws will be brought in to make camera monitoring in cyber
> cafes compulsory.
>
> Presently outside CCTV can be used if available.

How about the use of anonymous pay per talk mobile phones that you simply
purchase cards for, it is easy to anonymously purchase these cards and these
mobile phones. Even you can buy them from millions of locations that you can
ensure if ever their is a chance to trace the mobile phone, you can't trace
who bought it. Hence the pure anonymity.

I know of a case where a "pay as you talk" mobile phone was purchased this
was used in an operation to try to steal some priceless jewelewry, however,
the "authorities" where able to trace the mobile phone via "cell phone
tracing technology", as the phone was a "pay as you go" they could only
trace it to the point of origin, in the UK, they then managed to trace the
mobile phone to the day it was purchased (stock control), then could trace
the person due to the "installed cameras" at the purchasing counter...and
therefore narrowed it down to had purchased the particular phone. They
caught the culprits in the end.

The point is that it relies on being traced somewhere along the
route...total anonymity is easily possible, particularly if you purchase a
pay as you go mobile phone, or obtain a pay as you go mobile phone without
any possible connection to yourself.. Presumably those criminals who wish to
use the internet would easiliy manage this. It is so simple a school boy
could do it. Or anybody travelling abroad.

---

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 10:17 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:00:43 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> wrote:

>I am talking exclusively about cyber cafes where their is no monitoring and
>further more offices which can be used on an adlib and anonymous basis, in
>third world countries and in other countries no such law will be enforced
>let alone be introduced. In the UK there is not even any draft proposals to
>bring in such a law that I am aware of.

People would have to go to third world countries to take advantage of
this which would be a certain deterent. To be part of the global
internet it is necessary to have global rules and I feel these will be
introduced eventually.

Peter Saxton from London

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 10:20 PM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:00:43 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>
> >I am talking exclusively about cyber cafes where their is no monitoring
and
> >further more offices which can be used on an adlib and anonymous basis,
in
> >third world countries and in other countries no such law will be enforced
> >let alone be introduced. In the UK there is not even any draft proposals
> >bring in such a law that I am aware of.
> >>
> People would have to go to third world countries to take advantage of
> this which would be a certain deterent. To be part of the global
> internet it is necessary to have global rules and I feel these will be
> introduced eventually.

It is not difficult to get hold of a "pay as you go mobile phone" in the UK,
nor is it difficult to find a small internet cafe without cameras. You may
go to countries such as Eastern Europe where there are no cameras in the
streets as you have in the UK if you are a really paranoid criminal, you may
fly to morocco, you may fly to anywhere on these very cheap Go flights. So
if a criminal wishes to save money, it is very easy to do. You may even hire
someone to get you a "pay as you go" telephone..It is simple...very very
simple..you can get access to the internet if you have cash with no trace
back at all.

> Peter Saxton from London

---

Peter Saxton
July 20th 03, 10:23 PM
On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:08:00 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
> wrote:

>Peter Saxton > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:43:22 +0100, "StephenGoldenGun"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >Santiago Zawojski > wrote
>in
>> >message 38...
>snip.> >
>> I'm sure laws will be brought in to make camera monitoring in cyber
>> cafes compulsory.
>>
>> Presently outside CCTV can be used if available.
>>

>How about the use of anonymous pay per talk mobile phones that you simply
>purchase cards for, it is easy to anonymously purchase these cards and these
>mobile phones. Even you can buy them from millions of locations that you can
>ensure if ever their is a chance to trace the mobile phone, you can't trace
>who bought it. Hence the pure anonymity.
>
>I know of a case where a "pay as you talk" mobile phone was purchased this
>was used in an operation to try to steal some priceless jewelewry, however,
>the "authorities" where able to trace the mobile phone via "cell phone
>tracing technology", as the phone was a "pay as you go" they could only
>trace it to the point of origin, in the UK, they then managed to trace the
>mobile phone to the day it was purchased (stock control), then could trace
>the person due to the "installed cameras" at the purchasing counter...and
>therefore narrowed it down to had purchased the particular phone. They
>caught the culprits in the end.
>
>The point is that it relies on being traced somewhere along the
>route...total anonymity is easily possible, particularly if you purchase a
>pay as you go mobile phone, or obtain a pay as you go mobile phone without
>any possible connection to yourself.. Presumably those criminals who wish to
>use the internet would easiliy manage this. It is so simple a school boy
>could do it. Or anybody travelling abroad.

Agreed. You are right. It is a question of how far the authorities
want to fight these things.

Peter Saxton from London

StephenGoldenGun
July 20th 03, 11:14 PM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "nog" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > says...
> > > So if you bought a falty computer
> >
> > I haven't heard of that brand.
>
> I think PC world sell them - re-badged as their own make. :)
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

HAHAH Brilliant quip and generally witty answer. 10 out of 10 for that one
Niel.

---

Troy Steadman
July 21st 03, 06:25 AM
"MrCheerful" > wrote in message >...

> This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?

That is because it is tongue in cheek MrCheerful. How're you doing me
old muckha, haven't spoken to you for many a long Sunday!

Troy Steadman
July 21st 03, 06:39 AM
"Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message >...
> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > Troy Steadman > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected] e.mailgate.org...
> > > "Snowdon Computers" > wrote in message
> > >

> > What is this whole thing all about? Do you two know each other? Are you
> > business rivals or something, I am beginning to sense some kind of
> > animosity. I hope this is not the case.
>

> Never had dealings with Troy or even been in contact with him as far as I
> know before this.

Correct.

I wish I knew what exactly is going on but a few of us
> have been pondering and have concluded the following:
>
> I actively buy from a trade only, web based auction. Recently another
> customer who bids under the ID 'troy' has been bidding on the same stuff I
> go for and we have competitively bid against each other on a number of
> occasions. Now we think that the Troy who is the OP of this thread has done
> some research and posted all this financial information to these groups with
> the intention/hope of it being picked up by the IR or C&E. I lean towards
> the latter as he has made quite a few references to whether I account for
> VAT correctly. We assume the intention is some sort of industrial espionage
> which would have the result of me ceasing to trade and therefore no longer
> bidding against him.

Twaddle, don't waste your energy on this line of enquiry, I am
deleting my posts so the IR/VAT theory isn't valid either.

> Unfortunately my accounts are straight down the line and correct so I fear
> nothing from any investigation aside from the inconvenience. I noticed as
> this became clear Troy's attitude from the original post seeming to praise
> my business to, more recently, a slightly malicious or nasty tone which we
> think is Troy showing his true colours as his attempt to 'drop me in it' has
> failed miserably.

I got cross because you called me obsessed. Last week I spent two
hours maybe reading some of your (and kickaround's) posts in Google,
because it is humorous and instructive. If I *am* obsessed it is with
your "painting by numbers" instruction manual on how to make £700 a
week in your spare time in your first year with all technical info and
guidance.

What insurance do I need? How much is carriage? How do I arrange
payment? What are my T&C's? Suppose the customer won't pay? How do I
recognise a dodgy geezer? Whatever I want to know is there free
gratis, including my first years accounts, and now I've got another
post to delete.

> Of course this is all supposition and I could be just paranoid but the
> pattern most definitely fits. Unfortunately I can not confirm the identity
> of the Troy who uses the trade auction due to data protection rules and
> although I am on extremely good terms with the management there I would not
> put them in the awkward position by asking them.

I am not Troy of the auction house (he he he) or Troy of Peterborough.

Stephen GoldenGun
July 21st 03, 06:44 AM
Troy Steadman > wrote in message
om...
> "MrCheerful" > wrote in message
> >
> > This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?
>
> That is because it is tongue in cheek MrCheerful. How're you doing me
> old muckha, haven't spoken to you for many a long Sunday!

Wow! Do you realise Troy, what a famous guy you are now. Even everybody on
the "finance forum" knows who you are! Your famous. Look how many people
have taken an interest to your postings. Did you know that this story was
going to generate so much interest.

Now just when we all thought we had got to the bottom of the mystery of the
"posting"...can you tell us who on earth is "Mr. Cheerful"? Sorry, I do'nt
mean to be nosey troy, but you have made us become curious

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 21st 03, 06:44 AM
Troy Steadman > wrote in message
om...
> "MrCheerful" > wrote in message
> >
> > This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?
>
> That is because it is tongue in cheek MrCheerful. How're you doing me
> old muckha, haven't spoken to you for many a long Sunday!

Wow! Do you realise Troy, what a famous guy you are now. Even everybody on
the "finance forum" knows who you are! Your famous. Look how many people
have taken an interest to your postings. Did you know that this story was
going to generate so much interest.

Now just when we all thought we had got to the bottom of the mystery of the
"posting"...can you tell us who on earth is "Mr. Cheerful"? Sorry, I do'nt
mean to be nosey troy, but you have made us become curious

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 21st 03, 06:44 AM
Troy Steadman > wrote in message
om...
> "MrCheerful" > wrote in message
> >
> > This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?
>
> That is because it is tongue in cheek MrCheerful. How're you doing me
> old muckha, haven't spoken to you for many a long Sunday!

Wow! Do you realise Troy, what a famous guy you are now. Even everybody on
the "finance forum" knows who you are! Your famous. Look how many people
have taken an interest to your postings. Did you know that this story was
going to generate so much interest.

Now just when we all thought we had got to the bottom of the mystery of the
"posting"...can you tell us who on earth is "Mr. Cheerful"? Sorry, I do'nt
mean to be nosey troy, but you have made us become curious

---

Stephen GoldenGun
July 21st 03, 06:44 AM
Troy Steadman > wrote in message
om...
> "MrCheerful" > wrote in message
> >
> > This post of yours does sound a bit up-tight though, doesn't it?
>
> That is because it is tongue in cheek MrCheerful. How're you doing me
> old muckha, haven't spoken to you for many a long Sunday!

Wow! Do you realise Troy, what a famous guy you are now. Even everybody on
the "finance forum" knows who you are! Your famous. Look how many people
have taken an interest to your postings. Did you know that this story was
going to generate so much interest.

Now just when we all thought we had got to the bottom of the mystery of the
"posting"...can you tell us who on earth is "Mr. Cheerful"? Sorry, I do'nt
mean to be nosey troy, but you have made us become curious

---

a1essex.com
July 21st 03, 02:50 PM
BULL****, LOL

 > "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in message
 >
 > Of course this is all supposition and I could be just paranoid but the
 > pattern most definitely fits. Unfortunately I can not confirm the
identity
 > of the Troy who uses the trade auction due to data protection rules and
 > although I am on extremely good terms with the management there I would
not
 > put them in the awkward position by asking them.
 >
 > --
 > Best Regards
 > Niel Humphreys
 > Snowdon Computers

Archibald
July 22nd 03, 05:59 PM
Troy Steadman wrote:

> THE COMPANY
> Starting in July 2001 with just £4,000 capital, Niel has built a
> company with a quarter of a million pounds turnover in an industry
> where margins are sparse and competition is intense, selling
> ex-corporate computers in Ebay and elsewhere.
>
> THE MISSION
> The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
>
> A 15% DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESSES
> By making the auction price VAT *inclusive*, far from reducing
> margins, because the selling price determines margin in an auction,
> the discount encourages bidding and *increases* the margin.

Please stop posting this off-topic crap to uk.legal. Thanks

Archie

tHatDudeUK
July 23rd 03, 03:28 PM
"Stephen GoldenGun" > wrote in message

> tHatDudeUK > wrote in message
> >
> > "Troy Steadman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > THE MISSION
> > > The company tries to be truthful but offers no guarantees, leaving the
> > > buyer to evaluate and adopt the risk.
> >
> > Isn't that against the law therefore Snowdon Computers are crap!
>
> Hey there is no need to say things like that. Read the response that they
> have.You can see from the feedback they get from their clients.>

Not that i'd like to be the one paying lots of cash for something and
"adopting the risk". You wouldn't see positive feedback there then....

Santiago Zawojski
July 23rd 03, 04:54 PM
"StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
:

-----------^^^^^^^^^^

> That is not true at all. How can you trace someone who is using an
> internet cafe in the heart of mumbai,

I'd say flying to Mumbai to find an internet cafe just to make a few usenet
posts is "a bit tricky".

Dr.Stephen GoldenGun
July 23rd 03, 05:03 PM
Santiago Zawojski > wrote in
message 38...
> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
> :
>

> > Santiago Zawojski >
> > wrote in message
> > 38...
> >> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
> >> :

> >> It is a bit tricky to be anonymous. Everyone posting on this thread
> -----------^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > That is not true at all. How can you trace someone who is using an
> > internet cafe in the heart of mumbai,
>
> I'd say flying to Mumbai to find an internet cafe just to make a few
usenet
> posts is "a bit tricky".

Or anywhere, it does'nt have to be mumbai, it can be any internet cafe in
the world? UK/ heart of london even.

Peter Saxton
July 23rd 03, 09:07 PM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:03:54 +0100, "Dr.Stephen GoldenGun"
> wrote:

>Santiago Zawojski > wrote in
>message 38...
>> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> > Santiago Zawojski >
>> > wrote in message
>> > 38...

>> -----------^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> > That is not true at all. How can you trace someone who is using an
>> > internet cafe in the heart of mumbai,
>>
>> I'd say flying to Mumbai to find an internet cafe just to make a few
>usenet
>> posts is "a bit tricky".
>
>Or anywhere, it does'nt have to be mumbai, it can be any internet cafe in
>the world? UK/ heart of london even.

The one with the security cameras recording everyone walking near it?

Peter Saxton from London

Peter Saxton
July 24th 03, 12:57 AM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:20:29 +0100, James Cameron
> wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:07:31 +0100, Peter Saxton
> wrote:
>

>>The one with the security cameras recording everyone walking near it?
>
>Ah, but if you walk backwards they'll think you are coming out, not
>going in.

I suppose I was thinking of video cameras not stills!

Peter Saxton from London

Super Deluxe Sossidge Factry
July 24th 03, 09:46 AM
Archibald > wrote in message >...

> Please stop posting this off-topic crap to uk.legal. Thanks
>
> Archie

The management of uk.legal have put me in charge of security. It is my
job to deal with trolls like Troy Steadman and Xing a Paragrab, not
yours. If your head wants putting down the toilet like Paul Dickie's
it is going the right way about it.

Please desist from swear words like "crxp" in a *legal* newsgroup
because riff-raff like you lower the tone.

Troy Steadman
July 25th 03, 08:32 AM
> if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

That's the golden rule.

Niel Humphreys

CTRL C CTRL V

Snowdon Computers
July 25th 03, 10:34 AM
"Dr. James S. GoldenGun" > wrote in message

> Hello Niel,
>
> What is going on with this chap keep repeating things..Did you see again
he
> posted your info?

No I didn't - what was the thread this time? I have this thread flagged to
be highlighted but didn't notice he had done it again?

--
Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Dr. James S. GoldenGun
July 25th 03, 10:35 AM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Dr. James S. GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > Hello Niel,
> >
> > What is going on with this chap keep repeating things..Did you see again
> he
> > posted your info?
>

> No I didn't - what was the thread this time? I have this thread flagged to
> be highlighted but didn't notice he had done it again?
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

He brought it up again....made some excuse in a different thread...most
bizaar, and the other strange thing is that he apparantly is a regular
poster...

Very strange behavior.

I have the strong impression their must be some kind of connection
their....it was so obviously "an excuse" to post that info...even the
questions where basic questions.

---

Dr. James S. GoldenGun
July 25th 03, 10:50 AM
Snowdon Computers > wrote in message
> "Dr. James S. GoldenGun" > wrote in message
> >
> > Snowdon Computers > wrote in message

> again
> > > he
> > >

> > > No I didn't - what was the thread this time? I have this thread
flagged
> > > be highlighted but didn't notice he had done it again?
>

> > He brought it up again....made some excuse in a different thread...most
> > bizaar, and the other strange thing is that he apparantly is a regular
> > poster...
> >
> > Very strange behavior.
> >
> > I have the strong impression their must be some kind of connection
> > their....it was so obviously "an excuse" to post that info...even the
> > questions where basic questions.
>

> I think I found it - in the "Business Partner's" thread. He may delete his
> posts from Google but not from my browser's cache, lol.
>
> Very strange behaviour indeed but as yet no harm done.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Niel Humphreys
> Snowdon Computers

Yes, it is quite bizaar, anyway perhaps he'll forget about it and give it a
rest for a while.>

---

nog
July 25th 03, 02:34 PM
In article >,=20
says...
> Actingal tupover 19,86,51=A3
> Nets profig =A33.11=A3 - only 30Tx% Nill;!

That's far too technical.

Dave D Stevens
July 26th 03, 10:26 AM
"4th Apr was the end of my first full year trading and my turnover has
been £184,151 with a pre tax net margin of around 18.9%."

£187k, £182k, £184k, nice one Niel it's a whopper of a result!

Gemma Jones
July 26th 03, 02:38 PM
(Dave D Stevens) wrote in message >...
> "4th Apr was the end of my first full year trading and my turnover has
> been £184,151 with a pre tax net margin of around 18.9%."
>
> £187k, £182k, £184k, nice one Niel it's a whopper of a result!

From a guy with a whopper of a knob !!

Pipe Smoking Man
July 26th 03, 02:41 PM
Gemma Jones > wrote in message
om...
> (Dave D Stevens) wrote in message
> > "4th Apr was the end of my first full year trading and my turnover has
> > been £184,151 with a pre tax net margin of around 18.9%."
> >
> > £187k, £182k, £184k, nice one Niel it's a whopper of a result!
>
> From a guy with a whopper of a knob !!

What the heck are you talking about Gemma???? What kind of thing to that is
to publish about Neil..he's a businessman, not a sex guru? H'es not a porn
star..

I think people should think carefully before publishing private details of
others

Who, me?
July 28th 03, 10:01 PM
"Peter Saxton" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:03:54 +0100, "Dr.Stephen GoldenGun"
> > wrote:
>

> >Santiago Zawojski >
wrote in
> >message 38...
> >> "StephenGoldenGun" > wrote in
> >> :

in

> >> -----------^^^^^^^^^^

> >> I'd say flying to Mumbai to find an internet cafe just to make
a few
> >usenet
> >> posts is "a bit tricky".
> >
> >Or anywhere, it does'nt have to be mumbai, it can be any internet
cafe in
> >the world? UK/ heart of london even.

Is that where you post from then, Husberk? Got the willies, eh?

> The one with the security cameras recording everyone walking near
it?

Hope so. Then we can have two shots of Husberk's happy smiling
face. The first is on one of his whining web****es where he bleats
about everyone else, but cannot see his own pathetic behaviour.

Dr.Stephen GoldenGun
July 29th 03, 08:08 AM
Stan Mould's latest sockpuppet "Who, me?" wrote:

> > >Or anywhere, it does'nt have to be mumbai, it can be any internet
> cafe in
> > >the world? UK/ heart of london even.
>
> Is that where you post from then, Husberk?

Find out if you can, Einstein

> Got the willies, eh?

Yes a very big one, thankyou.

Are you still having problems in the "tentpole department" Stan?

> > The one with the security cameras recording everyone walking near
> > it?
>
> Hope so. Then we can have two shots of Husberk's happy smiling
> face. The first is on one of his whining web****es where he bleats
> about everyone else, but cannot see his own pathetic behaviour.

You'll have to catch me first Einstein

Bang Bang -- The real Golden Gun -- The man Stan Mould can't catch

Who Is Stan Mould?
July 29th 03, 08:20 AM
Dr.Stephen GoldenGun > wrote in message

> > cafe in
> >
> > Is that where you post from then, Husberk?
>
> Find out if you can, Einstein
>
> > Got the willies, eh?
>
> Yes a very big one, thankyou.
>
> Are you still having problems in the "tentpole department" Stan?
>
> > > The one with the security cameras recording everyone walking near
> > > it?
> >
> > Hope so. Then we can have two shots of Husberk's happy smiling
> > face. The first is on one of his whining web****es where he bleats
> > about everyone else, but cannot see his own pathetic behaviour.
>
> You'll have to catch me first Einstein
>
> Bang Bang -- The real Golden Gun -- The man Stan Mould can't catch

What has Mr. Husberk done? That warrents such attention?

Peter Saxton
July 29th 03, 11:12 AM
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:20:25 +0100, "Who Is Stan Mould?"
> wrote:

>Dr.Stephen GoldenGun > wrote in message

>> > cafe in
>> >
>> > Is that where you post from then, Husberk?
>>
>> Find out if you can, Einstein
>>
>> > Got the willies, eh?
>>
>> Yes a very big one, thankyou.
>>
>> Are you still having problems in the "tentpole department" Stan?

>> > Hope so. Then we can have two shots of Husberk's happy smiling
>> > face. The first is on one of his whining web****es where he bleats
>> > about everyone else, but cannot see his own pathetic behaviour.
>>
>> You'll have to catch me first Einstein
>>
>> Bang Bang -- The real Golden Gun -- The man Stan Mould can't catch
>
>What has Mr. Husberk done? That warrents such attention?

Now you are reduced to asking yourself questions on usenet! Pleas
start your own newsgroup for this rubbish.

Peter Saxton from London

Troy Steadman
July 29th 03, 01:56 PM
Peter Saxton > wrote in message >...

> Now you are reduced to asking yourself questions on usenet! Pleas
> start your own newsgroup for this rubbish.
>

> Peter Saxton from London

That isn't *our* GoldenGun Peter, look no did'nts or would'nts or
indiantravelcompany, our real McCoy has been hijacked, cloned,
invaded, occupied.