PDA

View Full Version : How do I do a Credit Check

Duncan
July 31st 03, 12:49 PM
I need to carry out investigation into the credit worthiness of potential
future customers. I have always sought a bank reference but don't feel it
tells much of the story about a persons credit background.

Is there anywhere I can pay for credit checking (web or telephone), do I
need to persons authorisation, any ideas on costs and how soon I can get the
results.

Thanks

Duncan

PaulC
July 31st 03, 12:58 PM
http://www.experian.co.uk

"Duncan" > wrote in message
> I need to carry out investigation into the credit worthiness of potential
> future customers. I have always sought a bank reference but don't feel it
> tells much of the story about a persons credit background.
>
> Is there anywhere I can pay for credit checking (web or telephone), do I
> need to persons authorisation, any ideas on costs and how soon I can get
the
> results.
>
> Thanks
>
> Duncan

Duncan
July 31st 03, 01:23 PM
I know how to use a search engine - to find countless possibilities but
hoped the spirit of mutual support in this group would get me the best one
to use.

Duncan

"Daytona" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:49:59 +0100, "Duncan"
> > wrote:
>
> >Is there anywhere I can pay for credit checking (web or telephone),
>
> Loads - use a search engine.

Daytona
July 31st 03, 01:37 PM
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:49:59 +0100, "Duncan"
> wrote:

>Is there anywhere I can pay for credit checking (web or telephone)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:23:37 +0100, "Duncan"
> wrote:

>but hoped the spirit of mutual support in this group would get me the best one
>to use.

How was I supposed to know that, from your original message ? I answered part of
the question - I didn't have answers to the other parts, the agencies will be
able to authoritatively answer those questions.

Daytona

Duncan
August 1st 03, 02:58 PM
"John Smith" > wrote in message

> "Duncan" > wrote:
>
> >I need to carry out investigation into the credit worthiness of potential
> >future customers. I have always sought a bank reference but don't feel it
> >tells much of the story about a persons credit background.
> >
> >Is there anywhere I can pay for credit checking (web or telephone), do I
> >need to persons authorisation, any ideas on costs and how soon I can get
the
> >results.
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Duncan
> >

> Trade or retail customers?
>
> Bank and trade references are worthless anyway - nobody will give you
> a known bad one to check out, and most trade people keep a few
> suppliers who they pay on time, for this purpose.

Those seeking reassignment of lease to buy a business

Duncan