PDA

View Full Version : Workers' Incomes Stagnate, But it Doesn't Matter to the Economy

July 14th 05, 11:02 PM
Very obviously, the US has an enormous surplus population:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/14/business/14income.html

Phil Scott
July 16th 05, 08:49 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Very obviously, the US has an enormous surplus population:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/14/business/14income.html

"The wages of typical workers are growing roughly at the
same rate that inflation eats into their buying power, while
income gains are going mostly to the affluent."

Not so... wages are fast falling way way behind what they used
to be in comparison to the cost of living.

In 1982 I hired a lot of techs and mechanics... 10 dollars
was low, 20 dollars was high... rent was 175 a month.

Now rent is 1500 dollars a month and rates are roughly the
same
15 is low, 26 is high (union is 35 dollars)... and over half
of a persons income goes to rent...with both spouses working
in a family often the entire income of one goes to pay
rent...or the mortgage.

its nasty.

and its about to get a lot nastier as more work goes to china
and india, and as more illegals come to the US... and as the
US government supports that crap in order to try and keep the
income tax base up .... utter insanity.

Phil Scott

Bruno R
July 16th 05, 10:24 PM
Phil Scott wrote:

> and its about to get a lot nastier as more work goes to china
> and india, and as more illegals come to the US... and as the
> US government supports that crap in order to try and keep the
> income tax base up .... utter insanity.
>
> Phil Scott

You might as well stop complaining, because coming election time
people will stand in line ;-) to vote into office the same (or similar!)
gang of politicians that brought this 'good life' to them in the first
place. Utter insanity, (or schizophrenia lives!) Bruno

P.S. Just read this morning that the mayor of NYC will spent $100
million Dollars to gain a $1 job. Does anyone need an explanation?