Old May 20th 18, 02:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc, uk.misc, uk.finance
johnny-knowall

Default Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations installed in the last 5 years.

On 20 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"johnny-knowall" wrote in message
news.com...
On 20 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"johnny-knowall" wrote in message
news.com...
On 19 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
johnny-knowall wrote:

tim... wrote:

Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations
installed
in
the
last 5 years.
-----

I've seen all 3 electric car charging stations installed in
the
last
5 years.

except that there is somewhat nearer 300, than 3

Wow all 300 for 8 million people.

The majority of which do not own an electric vehicle

Let me fix that for you troll...

The majority of which will be 100% electric vehicle owners by law
soon or be without cars.

government wishful thinking that they will have to back track on
before
the
date arrives.

Government simply don't have the resources to install a charging
station
outside of every house in all suburban streets that don't have off
road
parking

Why not? There are street lights in suburbia, so the power cables must
be
there already. The only thing they need to add is the charger.

even if the power supply to the lighting isn't limited, which many think
that it is

1) lamps are far less frequent that one per house

2) It isn't as simple as just adding a plug to the lighting housing

The charger is a substantial bit of kit to stop someone hacking into it,
and
it has to includes a mechanism for charging the user

Well yes, I understand that - but surely all it takes is the willpower to
get
on with it.

no

it takes money

how much do you think it will cost to install two - three million street
chargers to service this "don't have a drive" market?

How much did it cost to install 2 million parking meters?

After a while they pay for themselves.

I am sure those companies who manufacture parking meters would love the
chance to tender for a charging point based on the basic meter design,
with a
small scanner for debit card or mobile phone payment.

parking meters don't usually have main power connected

So what? As I have said repeatedly the power cables must be there.

Is it beyond the limited intelligence of the average British human to adapt
to anything other than what they see already in the street?

they are also tiny compared with a commercial electric charger

I have a car battery charger in my garage. It is about the size of a
shoe-box.

Just because the lamps are well spaced doesn’t mean the charging points
have to be. My post was pointing out that the cables are already there.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the supply to street lamps and whether
they would be able to cope with higher currents; but it was just a
thought. I
think it is called practical use of imagination.

you are not the first person to have suggested it, thus it is not the first
time that I have seen it discussed

and better people than me concluded that it is impractical

Ok. It was only a suggestion. So you have argued that it is a rubbish one.
What do you want? A gold star and for me to top myself through public
humiliation?

Sorry, but you are going to be very disappointed.