newbie

Old June 4th 07, 08:14 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
vittal

Default newbie

Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

Old June 4th 07, 12:21 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Blash

vittal wrote on 6/4/07 3:14 AM:

Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

When you ask "Can i do trading without brokers interfering in between", it
shows that you have absolutely NO idea of what you're doing.....If you have
money burning a hole in your pocket, go to the race-track and put everything
on some long-shot.....The results will probably be the same as trading and
your misery will be over in 2 minutes.....

Old June 4th 07, 05:29 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Awaken21

On Jun 4, 7:21 am, Blash wrote:
vittal wrote on 6/4/07 3:14 AM:

Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

When you ask "Can i do trading without brokers interfering in between", it
shows that you have absolutely NO idea of what you're doing.....If you have
money burning a hole in your pocket, go to the race-track and put everything
on some long-shot.....The results will probably be the same as trading and
your misery will be over in 2 minutes.....

Everyone starts somewhere.

Old June 4th 07, 06:03 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Blash

Awaken21 wrote on 6/4/07 12:29 PM:

On Jun 4, 7:21 am, Blash wrote:
vittal wrote on 6/4/07 3:14 AM:

Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

When you ask "Can i do trading without brokers interfering in between", it
shows that you have absolutely NO idea of what you're doing.....If you have
money burning a hole in your pocket, go to the race-track and put everything
on some long-shot.....The results will probably be the same as trading and
your misery will be over in 2 minutes.....

Everyone starts somewhere.

That's right....but don't you think he'd have a slightly better chance if he
took the trouble to learn a bit first???

Old June 4th 07, 06:20 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
FrediFizzx

"vittal" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

Depends on how much money you have probably. Some companies do allow
you to buy stocks directly from them. But I suppose you mean trading
without having to "talk" on the phone to brokers? If so, there are many
online discount brokers. Here is a link to more info about direct
purchase.

http://www.equiserve.com/shs/index_shs.htm

I would advise you to read some books about stock trading before you
start. A good one is by Peter Lynch, "One Up on Wall Street". You
could always get Jim Cramer's books also that are probably more up to
date. I haven't read them but a lot of people seem to like them.

Fred

Old June 4th 07, 06:42 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Awaken21

On Jun 4, 7:21 am, Blash wrote:
vittal wrote on 6/4/07 3:14 AM:

Hi all,
I am a newbie in this field. I want to start asap in stocks trading.
Which is the best brokerage account i can open. Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.
Thanks in advance,
Vittal

When you ask "Can i do trading without brokers interfering in between", it
shows that you have absolutely NO idea of what you're doing.....If you have
money burning a hole in your pocket, go to the race-track and put everything
on some long-shot.....The results will probably be the same as trading and
your misery will be over in 2 minutes.....

Everyone starts somewhere.

That's right....but don't you think he'd have a slightly better chance if he
took the trouble to learn a bit first???

Yes, many are called, few chosen. It's the way of things. Still, I'm
not sure your approach is productive.
My approach is to wait until I start hearing the right questions....
You're too compassionate.

Old June 4th 07, 07:05 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
The Visitor

vittal wrote:
Can i do trading
without brokers interfering in between.

Ha! "Boob" called them "broke-makers".

From a Woody Allen movie...paraphrased
"He's a money manager. He manages peoples money until there is none left."

Old June 4th 07, 11:29 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
carolyn

blash.......do you remember all my oh so intelligent questions when *I*
started her about 4-5 years ago?

Old June 5th 07, 12:00 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Blash

carolyn wrote on 6/4/07 6:29 PM:

blash.......do you remember all my oh so intelligent questions when *I*
started her about 4-5 years ago?

Yep.....YOU WERE FUNNY!!!

Newbie [email protected] Stocks & shares 8 May 4th 05 05:48 PM
newbie wants to know thewhizkid Options 2 May 21st 04 08:58 PM
Pre-newbie wizowash Stocks & shares 0 February 29th 04 04:17 AM
newbie with 5K Jerry Wilcox Stocks & shares 0 January 25th 04 09:40 PM
Please Help a Newbie zinc Stocks & shares 20 November 24th 03 07:11 PM