"Only 15 per cent of eligible households take up NBN wireless"

Old July 5th 14, 10:15 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Frank Slootweg

Default "Only 15 per cent of eligible households take up NBN wireless"

Dechucka wrote:

"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
Dechucka wrote:

"Abusive Liar Party" wrote in message
On 2/07/2014 9:12 AM, Clocky wrote:
On 2/07/2014 6:03 AM, Dechucka wrote:

"Abusive Liar Party" wrote in message
On 2/07/2014 12:23 AM, Gordon Levi wrote:
Abusive Liar Party wrote:

On 1/07/2014 4:42 PM, Don McKenzie wrote:
On 01-Jul-14 3:23 PM, Dechucka wrote:

Those who want need it can use it those that don't can stick
with
what
they have. It's called CHOICE

I'm afraid it isn't.
You don't get a choice.

I have a letter from NBN Co stating that my existing service will
be
permanently switched of on 14 August 2015, and it is up to me to
make
alternative arrangements for my home phone and Internet.

Cheers Don...

Most people will go exclusively mobile and ignore the NBN.

So why is the government persisting with it? They could just close
it
down if that's what the majority want.

The majority want the hype that Labor promised. If you told them
that
it would cost them $10,000 per home, they would not want it.

At 15% take-up it will cost $60,000 per home. Still want it?

yes and of course that is why our trading partners are as well

Yep, now, instead of getting a network that lets us compete on a
global
scale,

How does the NBN allow a farmer to "compete on a global scale"?

Please note that parotting ALP propaganda is not acceptable. Use you
brain
and come up with an original answer, that is, if possible.

An e.g. for you http://tinyurl.com/p66w2wb if you had decent speed you
could
do your own internet search, remember Google is your friend

Willunga isn't exactly Woop Woop, is it? And *12/1 Mbps*!? You're
joking, right!? So they didn't have a good ADSL setup, big beeping
deal!

It was AN e.g. lots of others if you are interested

Sorry, doesn't compute! What is "AN"?
Old July 5th 14, 10:15 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Frank Slootweg

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

scale, the destructive LNP ****wits are leaving a legacy of a third
rate
network which will cost much more to upgrade when we inevitably will
have
to do it anyway.

There were/are a lot of problems with the implementation but the vision
drag us into the 21st century is what was needed. Unfortunately for a
country like Aus this was always going to be a gov. programme as private
enterprise would only ever pick the eyes out of it and further the
Capital
city country divide

Yes, and that decreasing the capital-city/country divide worked out
*so* well, didn't it!? How much above 0% is the country roll-out now?

a goodly percent

Cite (i.e. URL)?

AFAIK, it's still zero. If it's non-zero, it's probably either
non-country or the not the country side of the divide.
Old July 5th 14, 11:02 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Dechucka

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

You do realise the e.g. I gave you of rural businesses benefiting from the
NBN was outside the capital cities don't you. However FYI
http://www.nbnco.com.au/develop-or-p...llout-map.html

Old July 5th 14, 11:04 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Dechucka

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

a shouted an, btw how is your belief that the NBN currently doesn't exist
outside Capital cities coming along?

Old July 6th 14, 10:19 AM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Frank Slootweg

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

Which confirms my point exactly: A comment from city folks who have no
clue what the country and the capital-city/country divide is actually
about!

However FYI
http://www.nbnco.com.au/develop-or-p...llout-map.html

Yep, that confirms what I remember. In the NT, WA and SA none of the
country has "(A) Service available". In QLD, NSW and VIC there are
perhaps a few which might be considered "country" in the context of the
capital-city/country divide.
Old July 6th 14, 10:45 AM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Frank Slootweg

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

That's not my "belief", it's the kind of misguided belief that many
city folks have.

*My* point is about "the digital divide" (which you - incorrectly -
described as "the Capital city country divide"). The promise was that
the NBN would decrease the digital divide by bringing broadband to
places where there was no broadband. Uptill now, the NBN is doing no
such thing. It's only bringing *'better'* broadband, where there already
*was* broadband.
Old July 6th 14, 10:54 AM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Gordon Levi

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

The answer is 23.04% plus the satellite coverage! With this
calculation I would like to enter my name for the Abusive Liar award
for precision calculations on insufficient data. The number is based
on 106,000 fixed wireless premises installed
http://tinyurl.com/mzzd443. There are a total of, say, 11.5 million
premises (http://tinyurl.com/o67ut6c Section 2.1). Of those 4% were
going to be connected by fixed wireless. Hence
http://tinyurl.com/lv3nr45.

AFAIK, it's still zero. If it's non-zero, it's probably either
non-country or the not the country side of the divide.

Of course, you will now define the fixed wireless coverage as "not the
country side of the divide" whatever that means.

Old July 6th 14, 10:46 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Dechucka

Dechucka wrote:

"Clocky" wrote in message
On 2/07/2014 6:03 AM, Dechucka wrote:

"Abusive Liar Party" wrote in
message
Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

So basically you were wrong there is lots of NBN outside the Capital cities

Old July 6th 14, 10:48 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Dechucka

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

so as you were wrong you are backing away from your claim and trying to
redefine the argument

Old July 7th 14, 07:24 PM posted to aus.politics,aus.comms,aus.invest
Frank Slootweg

Abusive Liar Party wrote:

[...]

I made no claim whatsoever. That my point differs from yours doesn't
make me wrong, and vice versa for you. Bummer heh, when nobody 'lost'
and nobody 'won'!? :-)