newbie here

Old April 29th 04, 01:03 PM
drummer

Default newbie here

anyone know any good beginner sites for the stock world? I'm reading
the idiot's guide to investing online for canadians but it assumes you
know certain things. thanks.
Old April 29th 04, 03:56 PM
Greg Goss

(drummer) wrote:

anyone know any good beginner sites for the stock world? I'm reading
the idiot's guide to investing online for canadians but it assumes you
know certain things. thanks.

Two web sites.

Keith Betty ("Shakespeare" on the chat sites) has put together an
excellent primer for a beginning Canadian investor.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/kb...tireinvest.htm

And when you're reading something that "assumes you know certain
things", I find that http://investopedia.com/ is excellent for looking
up words and phrases. It's American, but most of the concepts are the
same.
--
Tomorrow is today already.
Greg Goss, 1989-01-27

Old April 29th 04, 06:59 PM
Alan Bowler

Greg Goss wrote:
(drummer) wrote:

anyone know any good beginner sites for the stock world? I'm reading
the idiot's guide to investing online for canadians but it assumes you
know certain things. thanks.

Two web sites.

Keith Betty ("Shakespeare" on the chat sites) has put together an
excellent primer for a beginning Canadian investor.
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/kb...tireinvest.htm

And when you're reading something that "assumes you know certain
things", I find that http://investopedia.com/ is excellent for looking
up words and phrases. It's American, but most of the concepts are the
same.

Also http://invest-faq.com/. It again has a US bias, so take
what some it says (particularly about taxes) sceptically. However,
most of the basics are universal.