A Investment forum. InvestmentBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » InvestmentBanter forum » Investment newsgroups » Stocks & shares
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Sears in short squeeze

Old May 14th 18, 05:15 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
unclevito
external usenet poster

Default Sears in short squeeze

Congrats, DB.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-eddie-lampert
Old May 14th 18, 05:46 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 9:15:57 AM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
Congrats, DB.

Thanks Vito..
I just bought an initial taste of Senior Housing Properties Trust NASDAQ: SNH

Two words. (Baby-Boomers). We cant all live in our own homes and have a meaningful Independent Life Care after aprox age 70. My mother lives in one and they are really great. Upscale accommodations, and super-care. Multiple dining rooms from casual to formal. Dr's and nurses on premise. Activities and Live Entertainment weekly.. Costs are high but if you have the resources is it is a really good way to live for Seniors.
Old May 14th 18, 05:50 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
unclevito
external usenet poster

On 5/14/2018 9:46 AM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
Congrats, DB.

Thanks Vito..

Two words. (Baby-Boomers). We cant all live in our own homes and have a meaningful Independent Life Care after aprox age 70. My mother lives in one and they are really great. Upscale accommodations, and super-care. Multiple dining rooms from casual to formal. Dr's and nurses on premise. Activities and Live Entertainment weekly.. Costs are high but if you have the resources is it is a really good way to live for Seniors.

I know all about them. My wife's parents lived in one. About $5000 a
month. My father had a caregiver 24/7 at home and that was $100,000
per year. Our families were lucky they could afford this.
Old May 17th 18, 12:48 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 9:50:42 AM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
On 5/14/2018 9:46 AM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
Congrats, DB.

Thanks Vito..

I know all about them. My wife's parents lived in one. About $5000 a
month. My father had a caregiver 24/7 at home and that was $100,000
per year. Our families were lucky they could afford this.

Very lucky....

The price now for 24/7 caregiver is $32 an hour. They have to be vetted, and have certain qualifications to work in the facility. So the costs are substantial. We have not done that yet. My mother has the last say, and she said NO. She gets such great care as it is with a staff 24/7 and she has a lovely private suite. BUT she has to push a button to have someone help with the toilet.. NICE big Suite all hardwoods and her furnishings which she wanted.. Even an nook with a electric fireplace. The bed is a medical bed of course. But Big Screen TV, Fireplace, hardwood cabinets and vanities, Comfortable to just sit and hang out with her. They paid a $250k entrance fee about 18 years ago. That fee now has gone up. Then they paid $4200k a month as a couple.. My mother is now paying about $3000 as a single in the care center, as there are more fees in the Care Center. I have a deposit down so that IF I need it I am at the top of the waiting list. But I have not taken the memory test yet and that is a bit of a concern for me.. The deposit is refundable and for that I get a few free meals when visiting. The meals are amazing. Two Award winning Chefs and three levels of dining. I have to take dinner jacket and slacks for the main dining room.. A tie and sport coat in another smaller dining room, then a casual Oak Room... They hire live entertainment every week. Dancing and a carpenter shop for the old farts who do hobbies. Pool tables, $15m Gym and huge indoor 6 lane lap pool.. Fitness center with instructors.. Much to like about Royal Oaks Life.

I am having short term memory loss. But I can STILL remember every ******* from my past.. lol!