Financial planning questions

Old September 28th 03, 11:58 PM
Greg Goss

"Don Zimmerman" wrote:

One thing I would like to add to your list, especially for a new investor,
is to investigate dividend reinvestment plans (DRIPS). These avoid fees and
management expenses and, if you select good sound companies with a history
of rising dividends, all your money goes to work and you have compounding
over the long term with not much risk.

There is a big expense in picking up the first registered share of a
company so that you can drip from there. It cost me about $70 each
for my three companies that I DRIP into. If you know someone with
registered (non-broker) shares in an interesting company, then there
are *NO* surcharges to buy a share from him directly instead of from a
broker. I have given away Scotiabank shares as a birthday gift, for
example.

If someone lives in Vancouver and needs that "seed" share that would
allow them to invest in Scotiabank or Telus or Enervest, then I could
help.
Old September 29th 03, 12:43 AM
Don Zimmerman

"Greg Goss" wrote in message
"Don Zimmerman" wrote:

[...]

You are right, that first share is expensive (but not nearly as expensive as
a front end load or a yearly management fee!) Your offer of help with the
first share is most generous. I have shares in Scotiabank and Telus already.
Incidentally, as you may know, there many, many US companies with DRIPs that
can be contacted directly and do not require one seed share.

Old February 20th 13, 05:47 AM posted to misc.invest.canada

Default Financial planning questions

It's good to know about new pension scheme and to do financial investments in the right place to get the wanted results.

http://goodmoneying.com/retirement-p...sion-scheme***