big equifax breakin

Old September 11th 17, 05:44 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
KenK

Default big equifax breakin

Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and found no link to
see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why did they tell me to
check there?

These people are really on the ball!

I'll read this site again. Hope I just missed a link.

Old September 11th 17, 05:53 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 9:44:36 AM UTC-7, KenK wrote:
Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and found no link to
see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why did they tell me to
check there?

These people are really on the ball!

I'll read this site again. Hope I just missed a link.

I am so tired of technology.. That's why I cant 'speil'.
Old September 12th 17, 04:34 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Winston[_2_]

KenK writes:
Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and found no link to
see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why did they tell me to
check there?

It was also reported (a couple days ago, on Nightly Business Report,
IIRC; perhaps this risk has changed since then) that the terms of
service for that web site could be read to mean that by clicking on the
link you'd give up some of your rights to take legal action against
Equifax, so lawyers were warning people not to use the web site. :-/
-WBE
Old September 12th 17, 03:01 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 8:34:33 PM UTC-7, Winston wrote:
KenK writes:
Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and found no link to
see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why did they tell me to
check there?

It was also reported (a couple days ago, on Nightly Business Report,
IIRC; perhaps this risk has changed since then) that the terms of
service for that web site could be read to mean that by clicking on the
link you'd give up some of your rights to take legal action against
Equifax, so lawyers were warning people not to use the web site. :-/
-WBE

Clicking on the link to review/check/and find answers expunges rights. OH this is BAD. I would sharpen a stick and shove it in their eye..
Old September 12th 17, 05:44 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
KenK

=?UTF-8?B?LT1EaXJ0QmFnwqk=?= wrote in
:

KenK writes:
Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and found no
link to see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why did
they tell me to check there?

It was also reported (a couple days ago, on Nightly Business Report,
IIRC; perhaps this risk has changed since then) that the terms of
service for that web site could be read to mean that by clicking on
the link you'd give up some of your rights to take legal action
against Equifax, so lawyers were warning people not to use the web
site. :-/
-WBE

Clicking on the link to review/check/and find answers expunges rights.
OH this is BAD. I would sharpen a stick and shove it in their eye..

Fortunately, I didn't see that link. I guess I stay away from that site.
But then how to find out if I've been hacked. Good old Equifax!

Old September 12th 17, 05:45 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
KenK

Winston wrote in
:

KenK writes:
Checked at www.equifaxsecurity2017.com as published and

found no link
to see if my account info was stolen in the breakin. Why

did they
tell me to check there?

It was also reported (a couple days ago, on Nightly Business

Report,
IIRC; perhaps this risk has changed since then) that the

terms of
service for that web site could be read to mean that by

clicking on
the link you'd give up some of your rights to take legal

action
against Equifax, so lawyers were warning people not to use

the web
site. :-/
-WBE

Fortunately, I didn't see a link. I guess I stay away from

Old September 13th 17, 02:40 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Winston[_2_]

Here's a news article that discusses the legal rights people using
Equifax's special web site or even services may be giving up without
realizing it:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/there...174037655.html

-WBE
Old September 15th 17, 08:53 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
unclevito

On 9/12/2017 9:45 AM, KenK wrote:
Winston wrote in
:

KenK writes:
[...]

I am going to wait a few weeks until Equifax gets their act together
then check with their site. Also had a check stolen and forged check
payments made through my BofA checking account. I think I can get a
fraud alert on each reporting agency with that.
Old September 21st 17, 02:45 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
Winston[_2_]

Reportedly, Equifax fixed the legal language of their website to clarify
that people using the site were not giving up any rights to sue.

Now, though, I see that Equifax representatives on Twitter were, for
about a week, mistakenly directing people to a "spoof" site rather than
the Equifax site. Various "spoof sites" of equifaxsecurity2017.com
sprang up, the most notable being securityequifax2017.com, as well as
others that were just a typo away.

Here's the Yahoo article I saw about it:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/equif...200610249.html

which points to:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/1...ity-monitoring

as being the "full report".
-WBE
Old September 21st 17, 07:54 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
unclevito

On 9/21/2017 6:45 AM, Winston wrote:
Reportedly, Equifax fixed the legal language of their website to clarify
that people using the site were not giving up any rights to sue.

Now, though, I see that Equifax representatives on Twitter were, for
about a week, mistakenly directing people to a "spoof" site rather than
the Equifax site. Various "spoof sites" of equifaxsecurity2017.com
sprang up, the most notable being securityequifax2017.com, as well as
others that were just a typo away.

Here's the Yahoo article I saw about it:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/equif...200610249.html

which points to:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/20/1...ity-monitoring

as being the "full report".
-WBE

Gonna wait a month or so before I look into this. Too much BS and
sites that do not work.

Breakin out. Big Volume An independent old cuss Stocks & shares 0 April 26th 11 09:35 PM
Information supplied by Equifax Chrisr UK 4 October 21st 06 01:28 PM
Equifax statement. osfwofujro UK 1 September 2nd 05 02:13 PM
Incorrect Equifax Credit Report Jason Clark UK 2 April 25th 05 03:45 AM
Equifax default balance DJ Smith UK 0 March 8th 05 01:55 PM