Reverse Mortgages/Home Equity Loans ??

Old February 27th 08, 11:37 PM posted to uk.finance
Larry Gagnon

Default Reverse Mortgages/Home Equity Loans ??

Hi there...I live in Canada but am trying to do some research for my
mother in law who lives in the UK. She may be interested in what we call
here a "reverse mortgage" or "home equity loan" - not sure what you call
them across the pond!? I wonder if anyone can point me to some good online
unbiased UK-based references or information about these products in the
UK. Your help would be appreciated...

Larry
-------------
to send direct email remove "fake".
Old February 28th 08, 12:12 AM posted to uk.finance
Colin Wilson

Hi there...I live in Canada but am trying to do some research for my
mother in law who lives in the UK. She may be interested in what we call
here a "reverse mortgage" or "home equity loan" - not sure what you call
them across the pond!? I wonder if anyone can point me to some good online
unbiased UK-based references or information about these products in the
UK. Your help would be appreciated...

Generally speaking, a useful finance site over here is
http://www.fool.co.uk

Word of warning though (although i'm no expert) - you get screwed over
with them if the articles i've read are correct.
Old February 28th 08, 09:51 AM posted to uk.finance
Matti Lamprhey

"Larry Gagnon" wrote...
Hi there...I live in Canada but am trying to do some research for my
mother in law who lives in the UK. She may be interested in what we
call here a "reverse mortgage" or "home equity loan" - not sure what
you call them across the pond!? I wonder if anyone can point me to
some good online unbiased UK-based references or information about
these products in the UK. Your help would be appreciated...

Try:
http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk...y_release.html

Matti

Old February 28th 08, 10:24 PM posted to uk.finance
Matt Robertson

"Matti Lamprhey" wrote in message
"Larry Gagnon" wrote...
Hi there...I live in Canada but am trying to do some research for my
mother in law who lives in the UK. She may be interested in what we call
here a "reverse mortgage" or "home equity loan" - not sure what you call
them across the pond!? I wonder if anyone can point me to some good
online unbiased UK-based references or information about these products
in the UK. Your help would be appreciated...

Try:
http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk...y_release.html

Matti

Spot on. Be sure to read the Raising money from your home booklet in the
publications section.