Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations installed in the last 5 years.

Old May 20th 18, 10:50 AM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance
tim...

Default Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations installed in the last 5 years.

"johnny-knowall" wrote in message
news.com...
On 20 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"johnny-knowall" wrote in message
news.com...
On 19 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
johnny-knowall wrote:

tim... wrote:

Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations
installed
in
the
last 5 years.
-----

I've seen all 3 electric car charging stations installed in
the
last
5 years.

except that there is somewhat nearer 300, than 3

Wow all 300 for 8 million people.

The majority of which do not own an electric vehicle

Let me fix that for you troll...

The majority of which will be 100% electric vehicle owners by law
soon or be without cars.

government wishful thinking that they will have to back track on
before
the
date arrives.

Government simply don't have the resources to install a charging
station
outside of every house in all suburban streets that don't have off
road
parking

Why not? There are street lights in suburbia, so the power cables must
be
there already. The only thing they need to add is the charger.

even if the power supply to the lighting isn't limited, which many think
that it is

1) lamps are far less frequent that one per house

2) It isn't as simple as just adding a plug to the lighting housing

The charger is a substantial bit of kit to stop someone hacking into it,
and
it has to includes a mechanism for charging the user

Well yes, I understand that - but surely all it takes is the willpower to
get
on with it.

no

it takes money

how much do you think it will cost to install two - three million street
chargers to service this "don't have a drive" market?

I am sure those companies who manufacture parking meters would love the
chance to tender for a charging point based on the basic meter design,
with a
small scanner for debit card or mobile phone payment.

parking meters don't usually have main power connected

they are also tiny compared with a commercial electric charger

Just because the lamps are well spaced doesn’t mean the charging points
have to be. My post was pointing out that the cables are already there.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the supply to street lamps and whether
they would be able to cope with higher currents; but it was just a
thought. I
think it is called practical use of imagination.

you are not the first person to have suggested it, thus it is not the first
time that I have seen it discussed

and better people than me concluded that it is impractical

Old May 20th 18, 12:38 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance
Joe

"7" wrote in message
johnny-knowall wrote:

tim... wrote:

[...]

Take a step further back. When will the extra power stations be built,
and with what fuel?

--
Joe

Old May 20th 18, 02:12 PM posted to uk.politics.misc, uk.misc, uk.finance
johnny-knowall

On 20 May 2018, Joe wrote
(in . com):

"7" wrote in message
johnny-knowall wrote:

tim... wrote:

Londinistan has all 3 electric car charging stations
installed
in
the
last 5 years.
---
-----

[...]

Why would extra power stations be needed?

UK demand rarely exceeds 30GW overnight, compared to a maximum capacity of
~55GW.

Old May 20th 18, 02:18 PM posted to uk.politics.misc, uk.misc, uk.finance
johnny-knowall

On 20 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

"7" wrote in message
johnny-knowall wrote:

tim... wrote:

[...]

How much did it cost to install 2 million parking meters?

After a while they pay for themselves.

I am sure those companies who manufacture parking meters would love the
chance to tender for a charging point based on the basic meter design,
with a
small scanner for debit card or mobile phone payment.

parking meters don't usually have main power connected

So what? As I have said repeatedly the power cables must be there.

Is it beyond the limited intelligence of the average British human to adapt
to anything other than what they see already in the street?

they are also tiny compared with a commercial electric charger

I have a car battery charger in my garage. It is about the size of a
shoe-box.

Just because the lamps are well spaced doesn’t mean the charging points
have to be. My post was pointing out that the cables are already there.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the supply to street lamps and whether
they would be able to cope with higher currents; but it was just a
thought. I
think it is called practical use of imagination.

you are not the first person to have suggested it, thus it is not the first
time that I have seen it discussed

and better people than me concluded that it is impractical

Ok. It was only a suggestion. So you have argued that it is a rubbish one.
What do you want? A gold star and for me to top myself through public
humiliation?

Sorry, but you are going to be very disappointed.

Old May 20th 18, 04:04 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.misc,uk.finance
tim...

"johnny-knowall" wrote in message
news.com...
On 20 May 2018, tim... wrote
(in article ):

they are also tiny compared with a commercial electric charger

I have a car battery charger in my garage. It is about the size of a
shoe-box.

which you only use on your premises and which you only use when you are in
control of the on/off switch

street charging stations have to be robust enough to withstand attack from
vandals and secure enough for people not to be able to break into them to
get their charge up for free

Just because the lamps are well spaced doesn’t mean the charging points
have to be. My post was pointing out that the cables are already there.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the supply to street lamps and
whether
they would be able to cope with higher currents; but it was just a
thought. I
think it is called practical use of imagination.

you are not the first person to have suggested it, thus it is not the
first
time that I have seen it discussed

and better people than me concluded that it is impractical

Ok. It was only a suggestion. So you have argued that it is a rubbish one.
What do you want? A gold star and for me to top myself through public
humiliation?

Sorry, but you are going to be very disappointed.

just you wait and see

by the time 2025 is here, and the take up of electric vehicles is not on
track for complete obliteration of other vehicles by 2040 (or whatever date
they set) TPTB will have to review this nonsense decision that they have
taken on a whim, without thinking through how they are actually going to get
there

A tiny tiny percentage of all new cars are electric only. Aspirations to
make that 100% just by waving a magic wand are doomed to failure

tim