Joseph Nelson Investment Management Ltd., Chester?

Old March 11th 11, 02:53 PM posted to uk.finance
js.b1

Default Joseph Nelson Investment Management Ltd., Chester?

Anyone know if they are still trading?

I have a telephone number, but it just rings and rings.
Old March 12th 11, 01:36 PM posted to uk.finance
js.b1

On Mar 12, 9:39*am, brightside S9
wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 06:53:37 -0800 (PST), "js.b1"
wrote:
Anyone know if they are still trading?
I have a telephone number, but it just rings and rings.

According tohttp://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/joseph-nelson
thier HO is in Northwich.

Turns out they changed their name twice (1997, 2005).

They are now called:
CLOSE WEALTH MANAGEMENT LIMITED
NELSON HOUSE
GADBROOK BUSINESS PARK
GADBROOK ROAD NORTHWICH
CHESHIRE
CW9 7TN

Thanks.
Old March 12th 11, 05:53 PM posted to uk.finance
Charlie[_7_]

On 11/03/2011 14:53, js.b1 wrote:
Anyone know if they are still trading?

I have a telephone number, but it just rings and rings.

According to the register on the FSA website, they are no longer
authorised as of 29 June 2009.
Old March 14th 11, 03:56 PM posted to uk.finance
js.b1

On Mar 12, 5:53*pm, Charlie wrote:
According to the register on the FSA website, they are no longer
authorised as of 29 June 2009.

Interesting.

Nelson in 1987 lost about 50%, basically 42k became 22k, then moved
to more conservative investments. So I always wondered how they did in
2008.

Nelson's approach was logical albeit a little childish in names - they
had a 3 box solution, Box-1 being cash, Box-2 being income, Box-3
being stocks which was either growth defensive or aggressive. The
problem is they were poor advisers at the customer level - in terms of
making people understand a) stock outperformance can result in crashes
and b) stocks must be added to continually over a long time horizon
rather than "created then walked away from". If you can only "create"
a stock holding you must have discipline and building it half, then
phase the rest in over 7-10yrs. The net result is people tended to
draw down the Cash & Income "boxes", relying on the stock one to "make
the withdrawals back" or worse spend in anticipation of them making
the losses back. Then, of course, when a blowup happened people sold
at the bottom and moved back to Cash & Income as they could not afford
to lose any more.

Hence the typical 1987 result of 50% loss through less than ideal
stock selection (that was Defensive so no idea what Aggressive would
have been like), being an actual 50% loss at the portfolio level.

A lot of financial advice is best given AFTER you have seen their
credit-card, loan, current account situation :-) Indeed it is perhaps
best to start coming through the latter before you see a figure and
drawing up asset-allocation ideals.

Will contact them (whatever they are) shortly just in case they have
1985-1990 statements. I doubt very much, but you never know -
sometimes they exist in an archive or document scanned in.
Old April 12th 17, 01:57 PM posted to uk.finance

Hi, Just going through my deceased fathers things and have come across 2 certificates for investments totalling almost 20,000. Anyone know where I would start to see where this may be???