Self Assessment Tax Return Postal Address

Old July 2nd 18, 08:42 AM posted to uk.finance

Default Self Assessment Tax Return Postal Address

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 10:35:35 PM UTC+8, tg wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone please tell me where I should send my self-assessment tax
return form to?
In previous years I received the form from HMRC's Cardiff office (with its
return address
already printed), but this year I'm having to print my own form. Should I
send it to
the same Cardiff address, or to their self-assessment correspondence address
at BX9 1AS?
I can't find a definite answer on their website, and trying to call their
helpline
ended with being put on a queue (gave up after a while).

Thanks in advance!

TG

Why do HMRC try and make things so difficult for the taxpayer are they deliberately setting out their stall to prevent the taxpayer submitting their tax form on time so they can issue out penalties, why not simply put the return address of the self assessment letter or even on their website in answer to a straight forward question "where do I post my self assessment". Tried to do online from Malaysia and keep coming up with obstacles, and now they don't even give you the correct return address.
Old July 12th 18, 10:50 PM posted to uk.finance
Optimist[_3_]

On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 00:42:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

If the HMRC omit to inform you of the return address, I suggest sending your return by registered
post to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, 11 Downing Street. Let your MP know what you have done and
your reasons.