Difference Short Term or Long Term Lettings

Old June 23rd 07, 01:19 PM posted to uk.finance
Ken

Default Difference Short Term or Long Term Lettings

Trying to help a neighbours daughter.

She is looking to rent, longer term, and whilst I know there is the 6 months
shorthold tenancy she has mentioned that some agents are talking of their
Long Term properties. Is there another definition or does it just mean some
landlords say they are looking for longer term lets. I assume they mean
they would like a tenant on the basis of long term let but assume they can
still give notice after six months?

Ken

Old June 23rd 07, 09:57 PM posted to uk.finance

On 23 Jun, 13:19, "Ken" Reply to NG only wrote:
Trying to help a neighbours daughter.

She is looking to rent, longer term, and whilst I know there is the 6 months
shorthold tenancy she has mentioned that some agents are talking of their
Long Term properties. Is there another definition or does it just mean some
landlords say they are looking for longer term lets. I assume they mean
they would like a tenant on the basis of long term let but assume they can
still give notice after six months?

I believe it is just a clue to the landlords intent. I really doubt
any landlord would agree to anything other than SAT, as that would be
voluntarily surrendering legal rights for no reason.

Some landlords my know they only want to let short term (e.g. if it is
the property they normally live in and are relocated abroad). But
most landlords want good, long term tenants. And most tenants don't
want to move around every 6 months either. But there are no
'guarantees' because 'stuff happens', as they say.

Ken

Old June 24th 07, 08:20 AM posted to uk.finance
Ken

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Thanks for the answer and I guessed what you have explained is how it is.

Ken