Seeking alternatives to two bond funds

Old June 22nd 14, 08:27 PM posted to misc.invest.mutual-funds

Default Seeking alternatives to two bond funds

On Saturday, October 11, 2003 7:05:23 AM UTC+8, David Arnstein wrote:
I'm currently holding Fidelity Short Term Bond Fund (FSHBX). I'm
looking for alternatives. What I'm looking for is a fund that is
likely to give a positive return as prevailing interest rates
fluctuate, but mostly rise.

I'm also considering PBHG IRA Capital Preservation Fund (PBCPX). This
fund seeks to maintain a constant NAV, and backs up this goal by
taking out insurance. It has a 12 month minimum holding period, but
it offers a decent yield. I'll probably switch my IRAs to this fund, but
I want to know if there is a competing fund that offers better
performance.

Thanks in advance for suggesting any alternatives.
--
David Arnstein