Brisbane Propoerty Investment Advise

Old January 1st 05, 10:15 PM
Jeff Folland

Default Brisbane Propoerty Investment Advise

Firstly, let me apologise if this question has been asked before, I checked
through some history and could'nt find it.

I am thinking about investing in on of the renovated woolstores (apartments)
on the river front (facing directly onto the brisbane river). A 2 Bedroom, 2
Bathroom apartment seems to fetch between $340k-$500k. They seem to rent for
about $280-$500 a week depending on furnished/condition etc.

I am looking for as much advise and as much information about these type of
units, rentals yeilds, pitfalls, body corporate probs etc, so I can make the
best informed decision.

It would be of particular help from people who currently own one of these
type of investments and rent it out, yeild and occupancy rates etc.

Also what do people think of Brisbane, compared with Sydney/Melb as a
location to buy in at this point of time, taking into account the stage of
the property cycle?

Thanks in Advance.

Jeff