Margin Balance

Old May 7th 19, 12:36 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks

Default Margin Balance

I have stocks that equal about 50 thousand dollars and about 47 thousand is what I'm margin. From what I understand now I am being charged $12 a day for my balances ... so by the day I am getting more in more in the hole. I thought I had this as assets but from what I understand of that $47,000 if I were to sell it it would be like it didn't exist as there would be no reinvesting it in any thing else as it would be to pay off my margin balance right???!! The representative I spoke to at Fidelity said that I could add money to the account which would -- for me make it disappear--but yet pay off the balance.

I really don't know what to do. In the future I do not intend to invest with margin.

The biggest problem stock that I see right now is AI as it has a 55% requirement for margin and it has gone down $4277 with a loss of 20.44%. Currently it's at $7.72. Should I sell this position as a limit order?
Old May 7th 19, 12:37 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 7:36:11 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Also I was wondering they can't take money from a different account to pay off he margin debt right?
Old May 7th 19, 04:00 AM posted to misc.invest.stocks
catalpa

wrote in message
[...]

You don't understand margin and yet you bought a piece of garbage yielding
over 19% on margin. Did you even bother to look at a chart is see the stock
has been going down for more than 4 years?

Get rid of the garbage and stay away from margin.

Old May 7th 19, 02:30 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=Dirtbag

On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 8:00:42 PM UTC-7, catalpa wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Agreed. Stay off MARGIN!

Balance Transfer [email protected] UK 0 December 6th 07 08:06 AM
1.9% Balance MBNA balance transfer promo rate - worth it? Trust No One® UK 5 November 22nd 04 11:44 PM
Balance Transfers John James UK 1 November 18th 04 08:38 PM
Charges on balance transfers of 0% balance transfer rate cards Anthony Ross UK 3 March 6th 04 07:37 PM