Question about shares

Old November 7th 17, 11:44 PM posted to uk.finance

Default Question about shares

I know of a small company which has recently increased its share capital very slightly by creating 100 shares at 1p each to two people which have no voting rights and only a discretionary right to dividends. The two people have got essentially the same sort of shares but in different "classes".

Whey would anyone want to sell - or buy - such a thing? The new shareholders aren't directors or even employees as far as I can tell.

My only thought is that it might be a sneaky way to pass money to people without involving NIC or possibly VAT on services.

Or could there be some other reason?

I don't think I should publish the name of the company here, but will if someone asks me privately.

buying shares question blaman UK 3 October 29th 07 10:33 AM
Question regarding selling shares Tom Australia 8 March 9th 06 05:05 AM
shares question [email protected] Australia 6 September 23rd 05 01:54 PM
Newbie simple question - difference between Issued shares & Outstanding shares TS Stocks & shares 4 July 16th 03 11:54 AM
Newbie simple question - difference between Issued shares & Outstanding shares TS Stocks & shares 0 July 15th 03 06:54 PM