California just legislated that new houses must include solar panels.

Old May 18th 18, 05:45 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]

Default California just legislated that new houses must include solar panels.

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 7:39:25 PM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
On 5/17/2018 12:21 PM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 11:48:38 AM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
On 5/17/2018 10:26 AM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 10:44:35 AM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
On 5/14/2018 8:49 AM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
Tesla/SolarCity may see a huge influx of orders for their solar roofing products.

I was at a winery dinner last year and talked to a builder there (you
really meet interesting folks at these dinner, esp since we are all half
bombed on wine) and he said new houses had to be ZERO NET. I am afraid
this solar panel news is old. Those in the know have already acted on
it. Perhaps why MUSK is in the solar business and bought solar city.

Zero Net. I read that a few houses are NetZero. That taxes PG+E as they still have to service the grid. They are now attempting to have NET Zero with new housing.. Who will pay for up-keep of the grid?

The utility will still charge you. That is the BS of solar. You will
be GREEN but not necessarily pay less.
Solar panels are made in China because they make them cheaper than in
the US. Only US profit is the installation which needs to get CHEAP to
promote adoption.

Our two packing houses went solar a the advice of our CFO. The company
installing it listed the components and I went on the internet and found
the prices of each. The installers had a profit of $1M on EACH of the
two packing houses. They had an estimate of how much money we would
save. They estimated the electric company would inflate the cost of
electricity by about 3% per year. No way was it that high (surprise,
surprise). We have saved about $200k in electricity over the last 3
years we have had solar. We leased ours and have 7 more years on the
lease, then it is ours. I think the total electric bill is about $200k
per year so the solar is helpful, but not that much so. Made the
installers rich, however.

'Made the installers rich' I am sure that WAS their overall plan.
But you saved $200k.. What was the cost of the Solar System used to save that amount? I remember when the Chinese were dumping solar panels. Friends in Mendocino County who live off the grid bought them in mass and they have stacks of them in their barn still unused. They built a system which will generate enough power for a really comfortable life out in the middle of nowhere. Building Code people were pesky though and they had to install this system in a manner suitable to the Inspector.. But they have it in and have a shed with HUGE forklift batteries for electric storage D/C then they invert it to A/C. They also use peltier( sp?) electric generation systems which run 24/7.

But all these panels are old tech. New ones are much more efficient
and cost less. Peltier devices are typically for heating and cooling.
That amount saved includes the cost of the panels, interest, etc, etc.

Sharp sold solar panels and when there as a glut of them on the market a group of Hillbilly's bought truck Loads at deep discount (paid with buried cash) Which is the Hillbilly preferred way of doing business. Hillbilly RULES are simple.. Your handshake is a blood oath. No Forms. No Attorneys. If you **** it up your out. If you steal you might get tied to a tree in the woods for a night where the Bears take MIGHT take care of you. Kinda of a crap shoot.. But if they survive the night they NEVER steal again.
Old May 18th 18, 05:48 PM posted to misc.invest.stocks
-=DirtBag©[_8_]

On Friday, May 18, 2018 at 9:44:41 AM UTC-7, unclevito wrote:
On 5/18/2018 9:31 AM, -=DirtBag© wrote:
[...]

When I used the word (Peltier Peltner? ) perhaps I am using the wrong word..

What I was trying to convey was that they utilized WATER from a creek HIGHER up the mountain which they flowed downhill via a small pipe which narrows to a small forceful nipple which spins a tiny water wheel device I am 'calling' a "Peltier" (I might be using the wrong name?) Peltner maybe?

Anyway they use this little series of 'Peltner' (like tiny water wheels in a pipe) to generate power and produce energy to the ForkLift (storage) Batteries 24/7. You can connect several peltner's in a series with what we call staging.. so a 300-500 decline can generate a lot of energy..

What is beautiful is every time I use the cabin I just turn on the main power breaker and enter the house turn on whatever electric appliance I want to use just like I was in Suburbia. (Gas Stove and Refrigerator)

The ForkLift battery power them goes to an DC/AC inverter. Providing AC/Current. Anyway my point was creative Hillbilly makeshift engineering is everywhere in the Mountains of Mendocino County.. And it works!

OK. Now I understand it. Water pressure is built up and it generates
electricity. I thik you mean Pelton Wheel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelton_wheel

Yes that is it..