Message from An Ex-Propety Agent in Hong Kong

Old July 12th 03, 07:36 AM
ea5y5ye5q4e

Default Message from An Ex-Propety Agent in Hong Kong

In the 80's, many peoples said that the property sector is moneymaking.
Therefore, not long after I graduated from university, I worked as a
property
agent. Even then, we were arguing about whether the government was
adopting a high land price policy. At that time, I did believe that
there was high land price policy because the government was limiting the
supply of land.
However, I was not clear about the real motive of such policy then. Some
time later, I asked myself one question: How could the property prices
be pushed to such high levels? Superficially, the answers were limited
supply of
land, high population, and investment by entrepreneurs who made fortunes
in Mainland China, etc. which we all are familiar with. However, I think
one of the main reasons for the high rises is the public was led to
believe that
property prices would rise forever without being certain whether this is
true or not. The other main reasons are that the public did have some
savings in banks then and the banks were willing to lend money to home
buyers.
However, these factors alone would not push the property prices up
forever. The big question is: How could Hong Kong earn money from other
countries? If it cannot, property prices cannot rise forever. High
property prices
would lead to high operation costs which would seriously hinder the
competitiveness of Hong Kong. While the big Japanese companies like Sony
have factories in Singapore, China and other South East Asian Countries,
I can
hardly think of any them do have factories in Hong Kong. Then, my
conclusion is that, unless the government abandoned its high land price
policy, Hong Kong would burn out some day. (Unfortunately, it turns out
to be true
now.) After some deliberation, I decided to the leave the property
agency "profession" because I realized that it does not require talents,
and I lost interest in it. Anyone can do it. However, I did not expect
that this decision lead
to the nightmare I experienced. I did knew that some powerful men in the
property sector would be angry about me, because I might be causing
someone around me to be skeptical about the property market. However, I
had
never imagined that they could do something, which Mrs. Leung is
experiencing, to me. I think their aim is to make me look drowsy so that
my colleagues, friends and relatives would think the property market was
not declining
and the reason for me leaving the industry is that I am a loser.
(Fortunately, maybe due to Mrs. Leung's message, their disturbance to me
is less frequent now.) Indeed, they just use the property agents as
their marketing tool and
they would ruin any of them who would be 'detrimental to the prosperity
of the property market'. Indeed, we are living in a world, in which
"goodwill" worths much more than lives. Anyway, I am sure about that the
demand for
housing in Hong Kong is very high and will be even much higher in
future. However, the fact is the potential home buyers are unable to
afford the high prices.

Message from Mrs. Leung The politician and the rich in Hong Kong
attempt to create the myth that they and their heirs are the
inborn elite of the society and the only ones. To do so, they try
to control and interfere with the lives of those, who would affect
their status. They
cannot stand those, who do not belong to their groups or are not
their heirs but appears to be "too good", because the myth would
be disproved by these 'outsiders'. They have a list of such
outsiders. They
can deal with them in a number of ways. They may insideously order
the police or the fire ambulance to sound their siren during the
midnight to disturb those they dislike. Also, they may force their
neighbours
to moved out and pay someone else to move in to create strange
noise during the night such as moving furnitures unnecessarily.
Futhermore, they may hire someone to damage their properties. If
these
ousiders need medical treatment, the doctors may receive secret
instructions to provide "special treatments" to them to disable
them. Whatever it takes, they just want to destroy these
"outsiders". -