Checking out financial planners.

Old July 14th 03, 02:37 PM
Learning Curve

Default Checking out financial planners.

Hi Folks,

I am considering a financial planner that is associated with an
investment firm. The firm is not a "big name" company, but they seem to
be directed at my specific needs.

I have hooked up with one of their planners, and spent an hour on the
phone with him. He seemed quite knowledgable so I scheduled a meeting
this week to find out more before commiting. In the meantime, I want to
cover my bases and do not know where to get information.

The planner himself is a member in good standing with "Financial
Planners Standards Council" (CFP-CA.ORG). That is about the only thing I
have been able to determine so far.

I have been unable to find any information (good or bad) in respect to
the company that he operates through. It is my understanding (to be
confirmed later this week) that the planner channels investments through
the independant company. Where can I research them?

Are there other places that I can contact for confirmation that these
guys are reputable?

How does one make sure that the advice and strategies presented are
being offered for my best interest?

Thanks folks.

SELL, SELL, SELL? Xylord Australia 2 November 29th 03 04:02 AM
Checking out financial planners. Learning Curve Canada 8 July 19th 03 06:19 PM